Officially about to join team GMB

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Because people are adults breh and life ain't so easy.

All these books teach forgiveness for a reason. A lot of stuff ain't gonna be perfect like we want it. I asked if there was someway they could work it out, I never said he needed to work it out. I don't fully know his and her situation.

Plenty of people work through betrayal and some other real hardcore tragedy.:manny:

I know a dude whose girl aborted his first child without him knowing, he was devastated, they worked through it and now have another child together years later.:picard:

I know a woman whose man slept with her sister and got another girl pregnant while they were together. They worked through it and they still together with kids.

People go through wild Shyte in their relationships. I can't call it. Not everybody is going to live their life through a catchy motto or judging and laughing at other people's mistakes. None of these relationships perfect, man:francis:
I guess we have different ethics. :yeshrug:

Ya Sinning Mane

Superstar
Daps
Got damnnnnnnnn playa

Get married brehs

full
:russ:.im done

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
@BmoreGorilla

I haven't read through this whole thread so forgive me if you already answered this.

If you could go back in time and do it all over again (assuming you'd still marry her) do you think there's anything you could've done differently to avoid this fate or was this something she was going to do regardless?

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
@BmoreGorilla

I haven't read through this whole thread so forgive me if you already answered this.

If you could go back in time and do it all over again (assuming you'd still marry her) do you think there's anything you could've done differently to avoid this fate or was this something she was going to do regardless?
I'm not making excuses for her at all but I know I got comfortable and stopped doing the little things

southpawstyle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
California
I'm not making excuses for her at all but I know I got comfortable and stopped doing the little things
Wasn't married, but with a girl for 8 years and this is exactly what I say. Relationships take constant work, and its hard to start things like new after both people have checked out mentally. Arguments become about winning instead of building. Damn shame.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
You think it would've made a difference or nah?
Maybe. I know she had some personal issues that came from her upbringing. Plus we had our daughter she became very insecure with her body. Women need to feel like they are a priority to their spouse and that's where I failed on my end. You put all those elements together and something like this can happen

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Maybe. I know she had some personal issues that came from her upbringing. Plus we had our daughter she became very insecure with her body. Women need to feel like they are a priority to their spouse and that's where I failed on my end. You put all those elements together and something like this can happen

Preciate the honesty, breh.

How long did it take you to get over it or is that still a work in progress?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I think so but if they are it's only so she can save face. She's dropped hints that she wants to come back

I know you have kids, were married and you still love her deep down but don't do it, because if times go rough again she will do the exact same thing again.

And any text, any phonecall anytime you see her shielding her phone wiht a smile your going to wonder

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
I respect you @BmoreGorilla for laying it out all out in a not always mature environment, but you said it so honestly and especially with such a healthy perspective that people respected you more and too much to straight clown or punk you.

I read before about you getting divorced and you touched on it before but now I get the situation.

I only read page 1 and the last page, I wonder: what happened next? Did you file and did you get custody? I take it you guys speak - did she try to get back with you after the divorce papers hit her?

Edit: just read your reply that she gave hints about wanting to come back. My 2 cents: it's totally your call, but trust is hard to build with someone who lived with you and lied in your face. What if in 2 years she needs to fill an emotional void again? People can change of course so maybe she geniunely has remorse, but me personally I'd be done, if only out of self-protection. This includes no smashing.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
I know you have kids, were married and you still love her deep down but don't do it, because if times go rough again she will do the exact same thing again.

And any text, any phonecall anytime you see her shielding her phone wiht a smile your going to wonder
The ship has definitely sailed. I'll always love her but too much mental and emotional damage came from that. No way I could go back

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
I respect you @BmoreGorilla for laying it out all out in a not always mature environment, but you said it so honestly and especially with such a healthy perspective that people respected you more and too much to straight clown or punk you.

I read before about you getting divorced and you touched on it before but now I get the situation.

I only read page 1 and the last page, I wonder: what happened next? Did you file and did you get custody? I take it you guys speak - did she try to get back with you after the divorce papers hit her?
I was gonna file right away since adultery is one of the only things you my have to wait a year for. But my lawyer wanted to get the settlement dome first. She dragged that out for so long that i didn't even care about the adultery thing anymore. She was an a$$hole thru whole process but once it got down to the point where she had no choice she started acting nice again. Once it was finalized we had a four hour convo one day and talked about everything. We been good since. I got all I wanted in the end. I got the house, joint custody of our daughter, and no child support.