Officially about to join team GMB

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets

She is crazy, I'm not even going to lie. I got it from her so I recognize my crazy and like to be called out on it. Plus she has an African mentality where she thinks she can just stick her nose in my business and make decisions. I love her, but I can't listen to her and let her cause trouble between me and my husband. I appreciate her advice, but I put her in her place. Just like my in laws, my husband don't let them get too cute.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Exactly.

Marriage is about more than feelings but there is nothing wrong with a little romance. My husband sends me I love you texts and tries to call me at least once a day.

He brings me presents that aren't expensive,but they are so thoughtful. I wonder if he comes up with it or if he looks online somewhere.

He remembers the things I say. This comes in handy a lot. He just did the most excellent thing in the world based on something I said months ago and didn't expect him to take seriously.

It's the little things that count. Everything is not always lovey dovey but the fact that he tries matters a lot.

We have ups and downs but his attention to my emotional needs help us get over those downs. And I like to think that my attention to his needs helps as well.

No excuses for whoredom. However ignoring "relationship nutrients" is foolish.

My parents do none of that whatsoever. :stopitslime:

-I've rarely heard them say I love you. (My dad said it to my mom once, she laughed in his face and asked him if he was dying:heh:)
-Never buy each other gifts (they say that's what children are for :beli:)
-Never text each other
-Never ever ever kiss

But in my eyes their marriage is rock solid because of their commitment to each other and us (the kids). :win:

Maybe its a cultural thing?:yeshrug:

I'm a romantic illiterate African trying to get married in 2015 America... I dont have a fukkin chance :snoop:

Time to adapt or get left I guess

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Love hurts though, few people get that. Even your hurt is part of love. That's what's so scary about it, when you open yourself to love you open yourself to just as much hurt. Is what you built together enough, worth enough to get you to "till death do us part".
Maybe eventually. We dedicated the past decade to each other and those feelings don't just change. That line "I love you but Im not in love with you" is bullshyt but it says a lot. It means she doesn't even kno what real love is even when she has it.

Raava

Staff member
Daps
When my parents separated, it was over something really immature, and then my father passed away three years later. They were still married when he died, and I've caught my mother a few times refer to herself as a widow.

But she's nuts, so I don't let her meddle at all. :usure:

I think people are quick (not talking about OP talking in general) separate verses actually do work and doing what they promised when they made the commitment. A lot of it is pride. Time passes and then you think back like I could have done things different. What if? Some people can move on and some people never get back what they had.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Ill be honest and say I got comfortable. But for real Im a rare breed out here. 34 black, no felonies, college degree, good credit, career, own house and car, and come from a good family. On top of that im handsome as fukk. Im bout to eat out here

Keep that mentality my n!gga! Seriously she's about to get a huge wake up call. Karma ain't no joke.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Damn breh :to:its good that you're aware and you caught her with that :umad:. You dont need somone like her in your life. :camby:. Hopefully you can keep if the kid and get that child support :smugbiden:. Good luck in the future breh hopefully you find happiness :mjcry:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
She is crazy, I'm not even going to lie. I got it from her so I recognize my crazy and like to be called out on it. Plus she has an African mentality where she thinks she can just stick her nose in my business and make decisions. I love her, but I can't listen to her and let her cause trouble between me and my husband. I appreciate her advice, but I put her in her place. Just like my in laws, my husband don't let them get too cute.
you seem to handle all of it very well. I'm impressed.:ehh:

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child

-I've rarely heard them say I love you. (My dad said it to my mom once, she laughed in his face and asked him if he was dying:heh:)
-Never text each other
-Never ever ever kiss

But in my eyes their marriage is rock solid because of their commitment to each other and us (the kids). :win:

I'm a romantic illiterate African trying to get married in 2015 America... I dont have a fukkin chance :snoop:
My parents are the same way. But their marriage is strong. My wife would always complain how I would text my boys all day and not her

Im like but we live together tho :what:

If I spend all day communicating with you what the fukk are we gonna talk about later. With all this technology it makes it hard to miss someone. I wanted to come home and spend time with my wife and talk about our day. She wanted to do it all day everyday

Queen

CEO of #GPB
Daps
Reppin
Truth and logic

-Never text each other
-Never ever ever kiss

Everyone has a different love language.

Physical touch
Quality time
Receiving gifts
Acts of service
Words of affirmation

I don't really need daily texts and calls but I appreciate it. I do however need quality time. My husband doesn't need gifts, but he needs words of affirmation.

The Five Love Languages is actually a great book to read if you want to communicate in the "love langauge" that your partner speaks. Because it's not about just "doing stuff", you have to communicate in the language your partner understands. It's really not that complicated but it makes it easier to have it all spelled out in a book.

MajorVitaman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang (formerly Eastcoastnaga)
I was far from the perfect husband but I was always faithful. Marriage is something people improve on over time. No marriage starts out perfect. I kno I didn't offer enough emotional security but I shouldn't have to treat each day like a word problem either. I was always willing to work on shyt

Man don't believe that shyt. I've been on both sides of this coin of the nikka getting cheated on and the side nikka fukking a girl with a man...

Anytime she says some goofy shyt like that know it's bullshyt, she was gonna cheat either way. No woman gets "emotionally validated" by having strange dikk up in her.

Now we know 99% of women won't admit that they want strange dikk, but they do just like men want strange p*ssy. They just like to dress it up to justify their behavior and it's not lady like to want advertise that you want outside sex... You really think some personal trainer nikka gives a damn about her emotions?