Official Young Justice Thread

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
I realized that shyt about black Hollywood and asking where are the black actors of Gen Y? Will Smith is in his mid 40s and Denzel is pushing 60 at this point. Money and racism is an ugly mix. Sad that McDuffie been dead and I hardly hear his name being mentioned unless his Milestone characters, who hardly appear, are in DC cartoons.

YJ is getting great ratings. I hope this can get a 3rd season.

people in the industry know about and respect mcduffie a lot

That's just it, they never named names....Probably for fear of being blackballed

this, i met a black artist that was blackballed, older cat, he was a fukkIN BEAST, but will never work for marvel or dc ever again.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shyt was fukked up. I remember when he was writing the book and comic book fans were complaining there were to many black people on the team when that team has been all white since day one. Then they have the nerve to cut his run short.

:pacspit:

fukk DC.

They didn't just cut his run short, the sabotaged it too. Every time he would turn in a script they'd tell him he couldn't use certain characters, then when he turned in the revised scripts using different characters they said he couldn't use them either. At one point they told him he couldn't use a particular character AFTER the script had been green lit and the artwork was done.

He talked about the creative process on DC message board, not ONCE complaining or bashing editorial. Some a$$hole posted it on his blog, it got attention, then Dwayne was fired despite Didio saying he could stay on the book as long as he wanted.

The shyt with fans complaining about Black People being on the team was fukking retarded because MONTHS before McDuffie's first issue came out he did an interview where he said the editors picked the entire roster and Dwayne had no say.

After awhile he seemed to get fed up and was publicly saying DC was jerking him around. I think the last straw was when they under-promoted and made bullshyt changes to his Milestone Forever book.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Word is there are 5 racist editors at Marvel and DC that every black person in comics knows about.....

Priest mentioned them...

McDuffie Mentioned them...

Some other dude mentioned them in a OP-ED recently too....

Priest said back in the day some of the people who worked at Marvel were on some White Liberal racist bullshyt.

who are they

krexzen

All Star
Daps
I used to read Marvel comics as a kid from the mid 90's to the early 00's and had no idea this was going on. The only characters I had was Bishop and Black Panther. X-men and the avengers were two of the books I always checked for. I always suspected but now it makes more sense.

tr2k

All Star
Daps
I know Kaldur had to blow up the Mt to erase any doubt from his partners' mind. Thats why he went for the overkill when dude said he still had feelings for his old comrades. His old teammates that dont know any better, are convinced that he is evil. The team he's with now needed more proof and verification.
If they didnt have that proof, someone could die for real and something worse than having the Mt blown up would of occurred. He has to be hardcore to keep himself and the other prisoners alive.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I realized that shyt about black Hollywood and asking where are the black actors of Gen Y? Will Smith is in his mid 40s and Denzel is pushing 60 at this point. Money and racism is an ugly mix. Sad that McDuffie been dead and I hardly hear his name being mentioned unless his Milestone characters, who hardly appear, are in DC cartoons.

YJ is getting great ratings. I hope this can get a 3rd season.

Its crazy how it wasn't very long ago when you would have a guy like Wesley Snipes getting the exact same type of lead roles that you can only imagine white folks getting nowadays... Murder at 1600, US Marshalls, Money Train, etc.

Its like hollywood said "fukk all that, we'll just hold court and wait for snipes, smith and washington to die out... no more of this homegrown black shyt"

As far as McDuffie... in retrospect, DC gaining the rights to milestone is just one of the big travesties. Static Shock has that mainstream star power in him and if built up correctly could even be a big movie franchise but the character will never amount to shyt in DC and i bet DC will never give up the license.

Icon, Rocket, Hardware, etc?? Lol. Screwed.

Tho really, if milestone had somehow gone to Marvel... it aint like it would've been any better. Nothing but sharks in the water. I just wish there was somebody (black) that could somehow buy the licenses back and, at the very least, just chill with it until a plan for resurgence could be formed.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know Kaldur had to blow up the Mt to erase any doubt from his partners' mind. Thats why he went for the overkill when dude said he still had feelings for his old comrades. His old teammates that dont know any better, are convinced that he is evil. The team he's with now needed more proof and verification.

If they didnt have that proof, someone could die for real and something worse than having the Mt blown up would of occurred. He has to be hardcore to keep himself and the other prisoners alive.

I think people are overlooking also what happened with Blue Beetle. If Beetle's armor A.I. hadn't taken over Kaldur wouldn't have dropped the trigger and they would have gotten away, but because he dropped the trigger and nothing happened it did come across as odd.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As far as McDuffie... in retrospect, DC gaining the rights to milestone is just one of the big travesties. Static Shock has that mainstream star power in him and if built up correctly could even be a big movie franchise but the character will never amount to shyt in DC and i bet DC will never give up the license.

Icon, Rocket, Hardware, etc?? Lol. Screwed.

Tho really, if milestone had somehow gone to Marvel... it aint like it would've been any better. Nothing but sharks in the water. I just wish there was somebody (black) that could somehow buy the licenses back and, at the very least, just chill with it until a plan for resurgence could be formed.

Well one thing has to be made clear, DC does NOT own the Milestone characters. Also Dwayne and Derek had a level of veto power where DC couldn't do things without their consent.

DC tried some slimy shyt with Static during the new 52 bullshyt. They made radical changes to Static and didn't clear any of it with the Milestone guys. Then they got a former Milestone writer to write the book, but really just put his name on the cover and had the artist and editor doing the stories (which sucked).

Thankfully the writer (John Rozum) caught wind of it, left the book, and put them on blast for what they were doing.

One funny thing about it was the artist (Scott McDaniel) called himself defending himself and really just co-signed everything the writer had already said.

John Rozum.com: Why I Quit Static Shock

Scott McDaniel - My experience on Static Shock

the McDaniel stuff is a LONG read, but they're both intersting and give a glimpse in just how fukked up DC is when it comes to how they approach certain properties.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Well one thing has to be made clear, DC does NOT own the Milestone characters.

yea.. DC is just the entity with the right to publish and distribute them... and thus can politic/bullshyt/redtape the general direction any of the books can take as long as they stay subtle enough with the slick shyt. Static is a nice example of that and shyt may've been kept under wraps if it wasn't for the writer getting fed up with his professional reputation being shat on.

the McDaniel stuff is a LONG read, but they're both intersting and give a glimpse in just how fukked up DC is when it comes to how they approach certain properties.

Yea, I'm reading through that now.

Edit - wow.. it really was a complete clusterfukk... esp readin the McDaniel's piece

Daps
Reppin
thetown to global
I think people are overlooking also what happened with Blue Beetle. If Beetle's armor A.I. hadn't taken over Kaldur wouldn't have dropped the trigger and they would have gotten away, but because he dropped the trigger and nothing happened it did come across as odd.

The AI took over and Kaldur still KO'd him. :win:

Kaldur Klay, Iron Kal Tyson :jawalrus:

Daps
Reppin
thetown to global
tumblr_mavl2khF0q1rv5vvko4_1280.gif

dude looks like he is bout to murder a village of children here :laugh:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Edit - wow.. it really was a complete clusterfukk... esp readin the McDaniel's piece

Like I said, the craziest part of McDaniel's long ass rant is that he just co-signed everything Rozum said.

They had no faith in the character, they were obsessed with gimmicks to sell the book, and they had no idea how to craft a good story.

The AI took over and Kaldur still KO'd him. :win:

Kaldur Klay, Iron Kal Tyson :jawalrus:

Kaldur been nice with his hands since the first episode. He's also always had a bit of ruthlessness to him that others (cept Superboy) never had.

krexzen

All Star
Daps
I suggested to John and Harvey that we make the "Dwayne G. McDuffie Center for Science and Mathematics" a charter school, entirely funded and staffed by S.T.A.R. Labs employees, as a way to give back to the community, bringing excellence in math and science to the urban inner city community of Harlem. It was great - we could bring the S.T.A.R. Labs to Virgil, and keep Virgil surrounded by a fun, youthful supporting cast.

This is important, and it rings like a bell in my memory: John literally laughed out loud at this idea, and muttered something like "that's ridiculous" as he laughed.

This isn't meant to be boastful, but I thought this was a brilliant idea. It hooks all these various elements together in a fun way: the Labs, the tech, the teen supporting cast. And John literally laughed in my face.

I became angry. REALLY angry. I stopped our story conference dead in its tracks, demanding to know what John found so funny about that idea. After a moment of awkward silence, John replied, "Nothing."

The topic quickly changed, the conversation moved to another subject, and that was that.

I admit, this angered me like few other experiences in my professional career. I was DETERMINED to prove to John that I had good ideas to bring to the table.

To be clear, my anger took the form of a professional prosecutor going after a guilty man in a formal courtroom. I hurled no expletives. I hurled no insults. No name calling, or wailing to the heavens. I became fiercely determined to get an answer to my question.

And I admit, from this moment on, my impression of John Rozum turned decidedly negative.

:russ: The way the whole situation was handled was cringe worthy from top to bottom. The fate of the book was in the hands of three men who did not see eye to eye.

I wonder how often disagreements like this happens in the creative process.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:russ: The way the whole situation was handled was cringe worthy from top to bottom. The fate of the book was in the hands of three men who did not see eye to eye.

I wonder how often disagreements like this happens in the creative process.

The thing is though, John Rozum actually has some serious writing chops. He wrote Xombii both for Milestone and DC. His last Xombii series was critically acclaimed. He had also written Static before and had a good grasp on the character and the history of Dakota.

Those other two guys were just clueless and had no faith in the character. I read those first issues of Static and them shyts were fukking horrible. Instead of acknowledging that the shyt was horrible McDaniel's blamed the book failure on the fans not supporting it.

It's like McDaniel's is completely oblivious to how shytty for writer he is and he just reassures himself by saying the editor liked his ideas and mentioning that bullshyt book he read.

That book was fukking horrible...Bunch of character that looked straight out of power rangers, boring dialog, a clone of his sister that just appeared out of nowhere, unexplained powers....and all that was in the first two issues. :mindblown: