thetown to global
tumblr_m5g0j1DfoQ1qd5ts4o1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_m5g0j1DfoQ1qd5ts4o2_r3_500.gif

:ohhh:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Its crazy how it wasn't very long ago when you would have a guy like Wesley Snipes getting the exact same type of lead roles that you can only imagine white folks getting nowadays... Murder at 1600, US Marshalls, Money Train, etc.

Its like hollywood said "fukk all that, we'll just hold court and wait for snipes, smith and washington to die out... no more of this homegrown black shyt"

As far as McDuffie... in retrospect, DC gaining the rights to milestone is just one of the big travesties. Static Shock has that mainstream star power in him and if built up correctly could even be a big movie franchise but the character will never amount to shyt in DC and i bet DC will never give up the license.

Icon, Rocket, Hardware, etc?? Lol. Screwed.

Tho really, if milestone had somehow gone to Marvel... it aint like it would've been any better. Nothing but sharks in the water. I just wish there was somebody (black) that could somehow buy the licenses back and, at the very least, just chill with it until a plan for resurgence could be formed.

Shyt is depressing. Change can only come through grassroots support from a lot of black men themselves. Comic books is still known as a geeky white boy type of thing with white men still dominating the industry.

and which black artist got blackballed?

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shyt is depressing. Change can only come through grassroots support from a lot of black men themselves. Comic books is still known as a geeky white boy type of thing with white men still dominating the industry.

and which black artist got blackballed?

And that base fights like hell to keep it that way. There are grassroot efforts to have more diversity in the comics and behind the scenes and the fanboy brigade pushes back hard.

When Marvel debuted that New Spider-Man them fools completely lost their shyt. Some of them were even saying it was Obama propaganda because the character looked like Obama. :why:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
And that base fights like hell to keep it that way. There are grassroot efforts to have more diversity in the comics and behind the scenes and the fanboy brigade pushes back hard.

When Marvel debuted that New Spider-Man them fools completely lost their shyt. Some of them were even saying it was Obama propaganda because the character looked like Obama. :why:

so true. Guess YJ has to do for now.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
:russ: The way the whole situation was handled was cringe worthy from top to bottom. The fate of the book was in the hands of three men who did not see eye to eye.

I wonder how often disagreements like this happens in the creative process.

The thing is though, John Rozum actually has some serious writing chops. He wrote Xombii both for Milestone and DC. His last Xombii series was critically acclaimed. He had also written Static before and had a good grasp on the character and the history of Dakota.

Those other two guys were just clueless and had no faith in the character. I read those first issues of Static and them shyts were fukking horrible. Instead of acknowledging that the shyt was horrible McDaniel's blamed the book failure on the fans not supporting it.

It's like McDaniel's is completely oblivious to how shytty for writer he is and he just reassures himself by saying the editor liked his ideas and mentioning that bullshyt book he read.

That book was fukking horrible...Bunch of character that looked straight out of power rangers, boring dialog, a clone of his sister that just appeared out of nowhere, unexplained powers....and all that was in the first two issues. :mindblown:

It also should be mentioned that the Mr. Terrific series in the DC 52 launch was also a straight trash effort imo, even if behind the scenes was drama free.

The art was trash, the reintroduction of Karen Starr (aka Powergirl) and the indication that she'd be a reoccuring character and ****'s love interest would've been fantastic... except that they had to throw a race bait in the very 1st issue with her and a black woman and she barely made an appearance for the rest of the run, except to do some shady shyt at the end (or at least according to people who stuck around to read that far). In fact, any semblence of a supporting cast was thrown to the bushes as they opted to have **** go into space to save some terribly drawn random ass aliens, while cutting to board meetings with ****'s corporate partners bytching about him or something.

I tried stickin with it but it just gave me the :why: face the whole time

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
so true. Guess YJ has to do for now.

Yup. DC gonna screw Kaldur over the second this show ends tho.

Well... assuming they ever even bring him into the new DCU that is lol

Since the reboot, I don't think Kaldur or Wally yet exist in the modern DC comic universe?

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It also should be mentioned that the Mr. Terrific series in the DC 52 launch was also a straight trash effort imo, even if behind the scenes was drama free.

The art was trash, the reintroduction of Karen Starr (aka Powergirl) and the indication that she'd be a reoccuring character and ****'s love interest would've been fantastic... except that they had to throw a race bait in the very 1st issue with her and a black woman and she barely made an appearance for the rest of the run, except to do some shady shyt at the end (or at least according to people who stuck around to read that far). In fact, any semblence of a supporting cast was thrown to the bushes as they opted to have **** go into space to save some terribly drawn random ass aliens, while cutting to board meetings with ****'s corporate partners bytching about him or something.

I tried stickin with it but it just gave me the :why: face the whole time

Actually there might have been editorial fukkery going on behind the scenes. DC had some stupid fukking mandate about the artists for a lot of books being co-plotters and editors were heavy handed with a lot of things.

Firestorm was a similar situation where Gail Simone was hyped as the author but Ethan Van shythead was coming up with the bullshyt plot.

George Perez said editorial kept him in the dark in regards to Morrison's superman and complained about other things too.

It seems like there's a ton of Nepotism and other fukkery going on at DC right now.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Actually there might have been editorial fukkery going on behind the scenes. DC had some stupid fukking mandate about the artists for a lot of books being co-plotters and editors were heavy handed with a lot of things.

Firestorm was a similar situation where Gail Simone was hyped as the author but Ethan Van shythead was coming up with the bullshyt plot.

George Perez said editorial kept him in the dark in regards to Morrison's superman and complained about other things too.

It seems like there's a ton of Nepotism and other fukkery going on at DC right now.

:snoop: :snoop: :snoop:

its almost comical at this point.

Black Panther is suppose to be part of the New Avengers relaunch and I'm already half expect bullshyt even tho the writer is one of the better/more competent writers you could have

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Shyt is depressing. Change can only come through grassroots support from a lot of black men themselves.

Yup. And not to belabor the point. but here is just the most recent example. From another thread:

I wondered what made Idris drop out because I read an interview with him a while ago where he talked about the role and how he was going to have a hard time making Alex Cross not be a carbon copy of the Luther character but he was excited for the challenge.
Well turns out Elba didn't back out but was replaced.

Tyler Perry in, Idris Elba out of Alex Cross reboot: Producer explains why

Last August, when news broke that The Wire‘s Idris Elba was to follow in the footsteps of Morgan Freeman (Kiss the Girls and Along Came a Spider) and reboot the James Patterson detective character Alex Cross on the big screen, we were psyched — and this was before we’d seen his Golden Globe-nominated turn as a detective in the miniseries Luther. EW chatted with Elba last October about the film, which was to then have been directed by David Twohy (A Perfect Getaway, Pitch Black), and all he would reveal was that the script was “phenomenal” and if he could pick his dream costar/nemesis, it’d be Joaquin Phoenix. So cut to the news today that cameras will be rolling this June on I, Alex Cross with Tyler Perry in the titular role and director Rob Cohen (The Fast and the Furious and xXx) at the helm. What happened?

Elba’s rep had no comment, but Bill Block, CEO of QED International (District 9), which acquired the rights and the initial script by Kerry Williamson and Patterson late last year (and hired Marc Moss, who worked on the previous Cross films, to refine it for Perry and Cohen), just filled us in: “When we came on, we looked at it freshly, and just built it from the bottom up,” he tells EW. “Sure, Idris is a great actor; Tyler Perry is a phenomenon. Tyler Perry is one of the most significant entertainers in all of media. He is a huge cross-media talent and presence — and he’s a terrific actor whose range is going to be shown here. You’re going to see Tyler Perry like you haven’t seen him. He’s 6’5″, he is a linebacker. He is an awesome physical presence and is just going to tear it apart here. It’s an intense, dramatic role.” Block says the film — “a kickass, crusading action picture” — will be the first of several Alex Cross films. “This is going to be the new Tyler Perry franchise, a worldwide one,” he says. “That’s the other thing: Tyler Perry is going to take this to the worldwide audience. It’s just a very different, much bigger opportunity.” (It’s worth noting that Block was, in fact, phoning us as he arrived at the airport, about to fly to the European Film Market in Berlin to sell global distribution rights.) “We went to him,” Block says. “If you can get Tyler Perry or Will Smith, you try.”

So what could have been a movie starring Idris Elba and Joaqin Phoenix and directed by David Twohy is now a movie starring Tyler Perry and Matthew Fox and directed by the dude who made The Fast & The Furious? Hollywood is a wacky place.

I just caught the Alex Cross trailer just now durin the texans/jets game and i recalled some thread about it. I search it and this is what i find lol

them muthafukkers screwed over Idris knowin damn well dude made a killing in Britain as "Luther" and was straight up born to play the roll of Alex Cross in the big screen.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
and whats worse is the cac tryna justify Perry by puttin him in the same breath as Will Smith.

"Sure Idris is a great actor; but Tyler Perry is a phenomenon! :smugfavre:"

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yo.........fukk that guy.....like really....I can't even express how much that pisses me off.

I wish death on that motherfukker and I'm saying that without and ounce of hyperbole.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
damn right, i was seethin just readin that shyt. just absurd how blatant this shyt is. like who the fukk does that? like how do those executive board meetings go in which shyt like this is agreed upon?

edit - them muthafukkers prob laughin the whole time with the troll face on

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
the last marvel cartoon i actually liked was that xmen chronicles

marvel animation cartoons are crap, dc took a dump over them with justice league and jlu and now again. The last ish i was interested from them were the old xmen and spiderman tas.

i mena look at xmen evolution compared to young justice both aimed a teens, but evolution was so friggin corny