Official Young Justice Thread

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Marvel and DC made it a point not to give work to most of the writers of those books.

McDuffie got the most work out of those guys and he was constantly jerked around by DC comics.

He was actually kind of pissed because he felt DC jerked him around when it came to making a new Milestone deal.

DC and Marvel can do that shyt cause they still have that old boy network where the industry is STLL dominated by white men. Even in 2012, its considered nerdy to read comics by the masses. Dwayne McDuffie at his death was unfairly jerked around and shytted on cause few people still didn't know the impact he did.

Milestone touched on a whole lotta shyt at its day that still make the industry go :wow:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DC and Marvel can do that shyt cause they still have that old boy network where the industry is STLL dominated by white men. Even in 2012, its considered nerdy to read comics by the masses. Dwayne McDuffie at his death was unfairly jerked around and shytted on cause few people still didn't know the impact he did.

Milestone touched on a whole lotta shyt at its day that still make the industry go :wow:

Word is there are 5 racist editors at Marvel and DC that every black person in comics knows about.....

Priest mentioned them...

McDuffie Mentioned them...

Some other dude mentioned them in a OP-ED recently too....

Priest said back in the day some of the people who worked at Marvel were on some White Liberal racist bullshyt.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Word is there are 5 racist editors at Marvel and DC that every black person in comics knows about.....

Priest mentioned them...

McDuffie Mentioned them...

Some other dude mentioned them in a OP-ED recently too....

Priest said back in the day some of the people who worked at Marvel were on some White Liberal racist bullshyt.

Drop names. They need to be put on blast.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
great episode, that would be dope if aqualad is really playing them :popcorn:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
this shyt is like watching a watch being wound too tight...

I remember last year thinking how ballsy it was to have them kill all those aliens on a "kids" show while Superman was helpless to save them...

Young Justice ain't no kids show.

now like we americans are accustomed to.

It's like I'm watching a superhero cartoon version of Breaking Bad. lol

Before it's all over, Kaldur is gonna murk somebody. Prolly Lagoon Boy.

Then we'll see how real can real get.

when i first started watchign young justice i was like :flabbynsick: this ain't no justice league then as i continued watching more episodes i was like :ohhh: to the point where this is better and deeper and darker than justice league has ever been

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Drop names. They need to be put on blast.

That's just it, they never named names....Probably for fear of being blackballed

Here are links to what they said/wrote:

DigitalPriest.Com: Race In Comics
Ask any white professional in comics who the racists in the business are, and you'll likely get a shrug or a denial that there are any. Ask almost any black pro in the business, and you'll get the same five names.

Understanding Ethnocrunching – How Racism Works In The Comic Industry | Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors
I’ll never forget the first time I learned that there were a lot of bigots in the comic book industry. Not too long after SDCC 1999, a group of Black comic book creators met in an apartment in Manhattan. It wasn’t a planned thing, a popular artist was in town and we grabbed some beers and met him. Soon, a party of six became a party of twenty. Most of the guys there were illustrators but there were a few writers, colorists and editors in attendance. While they were all Black men, none of these guys were similar. Some were Baptists, some Republicans, some were Muslim, some Catholic, some were gay, some were liberal and some were anarchists. It was a very, very eclectic mix of personalities and attitudes.

Eventually, the conversation turned into a series of jokes about the racist crap some of them had recently experienced. After a few moments, the tone got serious and the name of a White male editor at the Big Two kept coming up.

Then another name. Then another.

After thirty minutes of this racist roll call, those guys all realized that the same five White editors had treated them the same. And the only common thread was the color of their skin.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Best thing is that he could turn bad since he has no comic history.

Thats the good thing about this show. Weisman knew that this show, if it was to go to boundaries not seen before, had to use rather unknown characters to make a lot of impact.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps

TheFryingDutchman

Grad School is killing me:damn:
Daps
Auqalad:merchant: I mean Kaldur the Gawd:whoo::whoo:

He came thru and literately shut down the building. I cant see him screwing over Nightwing/Wally though. I think Wally is just paranoid cuz he doesnt know what happening with Artemis. Poor Mal:to: hes trying so hard but bumble bee is showing him no love. Its nice that he gets some development.

I agree with everyone who saying someone is gonna die. These dudes are barely treading water(with this plan) right now and its only gonna get worse. Theres no way were getting a happy ending with everyone staying alive. Just looking at Kaldur he has Megan, Superboy, Cherise, Sportsmaster, and the rest of the Justice League coming for his head.

Im addicted to this show, I want two episodes a week:to:.

Megan is gonna flip when she realized that not only is that lame Lagoon captured but so is her "little brother". I think she is gonna come after Kaldur and lobotomize him brehs :sadcam:

What happens if she reads his minds and finds out about the plan:ohhh:
this shyt is like watching a watch being wound too tight...

I remember last year thinking how ballsy it was to have them kill all those aliens on a "kids" show while Superman was helpless to save them...

Young Justice ain't no kids show.

I always felt this was a teens show. Granted theyre still kids but since the target audience(for the most part) is older they can do a more "adult" things. I hope theyre getting great ratings so it can be a fukk you to Marvel for dumbing down their shows for little kids.
where da fukk is Tim Drake da gawd? Why is Nightwing swagga jackin Batman? Why's Wally hatin at an all time high?
That fool Wally is gonna get somebody killed........just watch.

Wallys girl could possibly get caught up, he has a reason to be pissed. I feel like hes gonna be the weak link in the group and hes gonna confide in someone else. On the real Nightwing might have to do something about him.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
That's just it, they never named names....Probably for fear of being blackballed

Here are links to what they said/wrote:

DigitalPriest.Com: Race In Comics

Understanding Ethnocrunching – How Racism Works In The Comic Industry | Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors

Disappointing, but not surprising. :snoop:

Interestingly enough, I read a lengthy article I found in one of those "Michael Jae White" threads a few weeks ago that explored the hollywood 'cism that's hampered what should have been the next generation of new, young black actors from coming up in the mainstream film industry. One of the points the article brought up was how instead of casting a guy like Michael Jae White or Michael Ealy... they'd rather give the role to a rapper like Ice Cube (XXX: State of the Union) or Ludacris (took Ealy's spot in the Fast and Furious franchise b/c the studio overruled what the director wanted) or DMX, Tyrese, Ja Rule, Common, Mos Def, 50 Cent, etc..

the problem being that most these guys are shock value 'actors' who either cant act, are temporary in nature, or are too limited in the actual craft of acting to ever evolve/progress into any other roles. The end result being that Denzel and Will Smith are getting old as fukk... Ealy, Don Cheadle, Chiwetel Ejiofor, and Idris Elba aren't spring chickens anymore (and still aren't as mainstream as they should have been)... and all the young up and coming aspiring black actors? Well, unless things change... they better hope Chief Keef becomes popular enough for a Chi version of ATL to be made... It'll either be that or Tyler Perry.

I find it interesting to bring up because the author in your 2nd link basically states that there's not much difference between the comic book industry and hollywood, and I've felt that way for some time in watching the portrayal of black characters in mainstream comics and black characters in main stream movies. Also the author in the link stated how for a black person to get into the big 2 (DC/Marvel) he basically has to have already been relevant in Hollywood or had to have created something big in mainstream media to get work (that Hudlin guy in the Black Panther books rings a bell)... but they'll be a little more lenient in qualifications when it comes to white folks. Similary of course, i notice that in hollywood, they'll give the black spot to a rapper and cut off the actual skilled black actor... but of course you will always get a steady stream of new young white actors who don't already have to be well known figures from other industries.

shyts just pathetic and while it makes me appreciate YJ's creation and portrayal of Kaldur that much more, I already know DC in the shadows lookin down at Kaldur's badassery like :merchant: :beli: :upsetfavre: :whoa:

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Disappointing, but not surprising. :snoop:

Interestingly enough, I read a lengthy article I found in one of those "Michael Jae White" threads a few weeks ago that explored the hollywood 'cism that's hampered what should have been the next generation of new, young black actors from coming up in the mainstream film industry. One of the points the article brought up was how instead of casting a guy like Michael Jae White or Michael Ealy... they'd rather give the role to a rapper like Ice Cube (XXX: State of the Union) or Ludacris (took Ealy's spot in the Fast and Furious franchise b/c the studio overruled what the director wanted) or DMX, Tyrese, Ja Rule, Common, Mos Def, 50 Cent, etc..

the problem being that most these guys are shock value 'actors' who either cant act, are temporary in nature, or are too limited in the actual craft of acting to ever evolve/progress into any other roles. The end result being that Denzel and Will Smith are getting old as fukk... Ealy, Don Cheadle, Chiwetel Ejiofor, and Idris Elba aren't spring chickens anymore (and still aren't as mainstream as they should have been)... and all the young up and coming aspiring black actors? Well, unless things change... they better hope Chief Keef becomes popular enough for a Chi version of ATL to be made... It'll either be that or Tyler Perry.

I find it interesting to bring up because the author in your 2nd link basically states that there's not much difference between the comic book industry and hollywood, and I've felt that way for some time in watching the portrayal of black characters in mainstream comics and black characters in main stream movies. Also the author in the link stated how for a black person to get into the big 2 (DC/Marvel) he basically has to have already been relevant in Hollywood or had to have created something big in mainstream media to get work (that Hudlin guy in the Black Panther books rings a bell)... but they'll be a little more lenient in qualifications when it comes to white folks. Similary of course, i notice that in hollywood, they'll give the black spot to a rapper and cut off the actual skilled black actor... but of course you will always get a steady stream of new young white actors who don't already have to be well known figures from other industries.

shyts just pathetic and while it makes me appreciate YJ's creation and portrayal of Kaldur that much more, I already know DC in the shadows lookin down at Kaldur's badassery like :merchant: :beli: :upsetfavre: :whoa:

I realized that shyt about black Hollywood and asking where are the black actors of Gen Y? Will Smith is in his mid 40s and Denzel is pushing 60 at this point. Money and racism is an ugly mix. Sad that McDuffie been dead and I hardly hear his name being mentioned unless his Milestone characters, who hardly appear, are in DC cartoons.

YJ is getting great ratings. I hope this can get a 3rd season.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I realized that shyt about black Hollywood and asking where are the black actors of Gen Y? Will Smith is in his mid 40s and Denzel is pushing 60 at this point. Money and racism is an ugly mix. Sad that McDuffie been dead and I hardly hear his name being mentioned unless his Milestone characters, who hardly appear, are in DC cartoons.

YJ is getting great ratings. I hope this can get a 3rd season.

McDuffie gets the props he deserves when it comes to his animation credits.

He was the backbone of Justice League and JLU. He rescued that Ben 10 cartoon from mediocrity. Justice League Doom was crack. All Star Superman was good. I still see people asking about the Static Shock cartoon.

McDuffie was a dope writer that's wasn't given many opportunities and was unfairly disrespected by racist fans and editors.

What they did to dude during his run on Justice League was one of the most fukked up thing I had seen........until I read about what they did to static in the new 52

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
McDuffie gets the props he deserves when it comes to his animation credits.

He was the backbone of Justice League and JLU. He rescued that Ben 10 cartoon from mediocrity. Justice League Doom was crack. All Star Superman was good. I still see people asking about the Static Shock cartoon.

McDuffie was a dope writer that's wasn't given many opportunities and was unfairly disrespected by racist fans and editors.

What they did to dude during his run on Justice League was one of the most fukked up thing I had seen........until I read about what they did to static in the new 52

shyt was fukked up. I remember when he was writing the book and comic book fans were complaining there were to many black people on the team when that team has been all white since day one. Then they have the nerve to cut his run short.

:pacspit:

fukk DC.