Official Wu-Tang: An American Saga Season 1 Thread

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Well, technically 1 year. Throw Ya Gunz was '92...the album was '93 tho.
The radio station was playing Souls of Mischief though
full

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Did you guys notice that the brand name logos on all of Bobby's clothes were replaced by Asian lettering in this episode? Maybe that's meant to symbolize his transformation into the Abbot.

The Asian lettering label was shown througout the whole season. Maybe as far back as the first three episodes.

He was wearing the Polo Hi Tech Kayak joint in the final scene though.:jbhmm:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
The Asian lettering label was shown througout the whole season. Maybe as far back as the first three episodes.

He was wearing the Polo Hi Tech Kayak joint in the final scene though.:jbhmm:
I peeped the Kayak shirt. I just never noticed the Asian letters before. I thought they were hitting us with some Shaolin subliminals.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Oh shyt!!!:ohhh:

So like the show was the first time I learned or even heard there was a prior version of this song other than the one released that I remembered.

Now I’m officially hearing this:ehh:

This shyt kinda dope!

One takeaway from this show is how terrrible Tommy Boy was at clearing samples. Because of them, De La Soul was almost sued out of business.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I heard a lot of his stories are half truths/ducktales...as you said tho they are entertaining

His stories be like 10% truth, if that.

I just think him doing the voices are hilarious.....:mjlol:

Coincidently, a lot of niccas in here already saying some of the shyt in this series is half truths and duck tales. So to me, this fits perfectly with the show if they was to show up in future season:ehh:

his stories are like comic book origin stories.. there's keys points your cant change but the rest is whatever you want..

he does have some key points right but reasons and what lead up to it and after sometimes be wrong.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
One takeaway from this show is how terrrible Tommy Boy was at clearing samples. Because of them, De La Soul was almost sued out of business.

they were worst than turrible .... i dont even think they really tried to clear them for anybody.. whoever was easy they did.. if it required work they didnt and said they did and if they think nobody could tell they said f it.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I peeped the Kayak shirt. I just never noticed the Asian letters before. I thought they were hitting us with some Shaolin subliminals.

could be on purpose and done two fold..
one: show the clans kung fu origins
two: to not show logos of companies... especially if nobody paid for product placement. they use the origin and cover the name with something to fir into the wu tang story.