Official Wu-Tang: An American Saga Season 1 Thread

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
Why do they call Meth “Shotgun” and not Method Man? They can’t use it or that wasn’t his rap name yet?

What time this drop on Hulu?
z
All the characters either go by their government names or an early nickname on the show. Sha = Shallah Raekwon, Shotgun = Meth, Allah Justice = GZA, Ason Unique = ODB, Rebel = Inspectah Deck, Chino = Cappadonna, Bobby and Dennis = RZA and Ghostface.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Meth was playing lacrosse?? Didn’t eem know that
Yup. Meth is from Long Island. Hempstead to be exact. And he was a lacrosse star in high school. Dude is my fav rapper of all time so I know way too much shyt about him lol.

This was a solid ass episode. Set up shyt, paid it off, and left on a nice cliffhanger while bringing Rae and meth together. Finally.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Yup. Meth is from Long Island. Hempstead to be exact. And he was a lacrosse star in high school. Dude is my fav rapper of all time so I know way too much shyt about him lol.

This was a solid ass episode. Set up shyt, paid it off, and left on a nice cliffhanger while bringing Rae and meth together. Finally.

How did you feel about the pacing? It was interesting to see them do a time jump.

I also didn’t understand what made RZA so attractive to the labels. That part seemed rushed. If I were a casual viewer I’d be like, “wait a minute he went from wack Fallopian tube rhymes to a name change and record deal pretty quick.”

I enjoyed the episode as well. Just had some questions from a writing perspective

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
How did you feel about the pacing? It was interesting to see them do a time jump.

I also didn’t understand what made RZA so attractive to the labels. That part seemed rushed. If I were a casual viewer I’d be like, “wait a minute he went from wack Fallopian tube rhymes to a name change and record deal pretty quick.”

I enjoyed the episode as well. Just had some questions from a writing perspective

i didnt watch it yet but he got his first deal in 91.
last episode was jan 91 so how much of a time jump was there??

threattonature

Veteran
Daps

LMFAO that was my EXACT same thought. I'm sitting there thinking they've been writing Bobby to be wack on purpose. If not wack at least not marketable or worth getting signed. I didn't know that Meth was there with GZA and RZA close to getting a deal on his own. I still hate this week to week shyt because I'm loving the show and want to watch it all now.

Also wondering when or if they show Meth slinging on here. Was he lying to that record exec or was he just not dealing yet. Is that something that'll be introduced next season when/if they introduce U-God.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Yeah the writing with rza felt sloppy. I’m with you there. Rza has always said he wasn’t down with the I love you rakeem shyt but here he seems to be so down with it. The tension is there as far as him wanting to put his boys on and the manager saying “nah” but I can also buy the labels wanting him because rap was blowing up and anyone with a look and a hook would catch on. It was a different era so it makes sense.
But I would’ve appreciated seeing how he went from that intelligent stuff to being willing to do that single which he’s stated on record he didn’t want to do.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
i didnt watch it yet but he got his first deal in 91.
last episode was jan 91 so how much of a time jump was there??

A month after rza signs. I think he’s talking about the time jumps throughout the episode. It’s a lot of meth flashbacks. Then you’re going forward a month once rza has his single out.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Divine with the big flag Polo denim jacket. Sold one for a couple of hundred last year. :leon: Bobby rocking the 'KAYAK' joint too? The stylist has to have been buying all the retros that came out over the past couple of years.If not, they might have spent a grip stockpiling a bunch of this gear.

Meth rocking the cane from the 'Ice Cream' vid? :ehh:

Dave East had to do a bunch of the heavy lifting this ep. Did a good job of it. :obama:

The 'Wild Seed' book Shurrie was reading :ohhh:

Dennis stays in some emotional turmoil.:mjcry:I can definitely see how the guy who wrote 'Wildflower', 'Back Like That' and 'I Can't Go To Sleep' could come out of this.

Kane and Shante shopping for furs :banderas:

Marlo? :krs:

:dead:@ him playing the tape and vibing to the beat, then being :dahell: at "My mind flashed back to the fallopian tube :ahh:"

Steve Rifkind popping up this early :leon:

Tom Silverman :scust:

:laff::laff::laff:@ My guy Rae showing up on some :wtb: at the end of the episode - for the sole purpose of hating:gladbron::russ::blessed:

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
damn Dave East is a good actor i almost forgot he's a rapper first

wasnt GZA the first to be signed to a deal

the way this season is looking WuTang isnt forming till the end of season 2
Bobby still needs to have that Ohio shootout and court case
Ghostface and Rae also need to be out here trying to kill each other

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Divine with the big flag Polo denim jacket. Sold one for a couple of hundred last year. :leon: Bobby rocking the 'KAYAK' joint too? The stylist has to have been buying all the retros that came out over the past couple of years.If not, they might have spent a grip stockpiling a bunch of this gear.

Meth rocking the cane from the 'Ice Cream' vid? :ehh:

Dave East had to do a bunch of the heavy lifting this ep. Did a good job of it. :obama:

The 'Wild Seed' book Shurrie was reading :ohhh:

Dennis stays in some emotional turmoil.:mjcry:I can definitely see how the guy who wrote 'Wildflower', 'Back Like That' and 'I Can't Go To Sleep' could come out of this.

Kane and Shante shopping for furs :banderas:

Marlo? :krs:

:dead:@ him playing the tape and vibing to the beat, then being :dahell: at "My mind flashed back to the fallopian tube :ahh:"

Steve Rifkind popping up this early :leon:

Tom Silverman :scust:

:laff::laff::laff:@ My guy Rae showing up on some :wtb: at the end of the episode - for the sole purpose of hating:gladbron::russ::blessed:

Octavia Butler? I bought the book last month. It's crazy.