Official Wu-Tang: An American Saga Season 1 Thread

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
The writing on these last two episodes has been sloppy. Almost all of it is exposition.
"So. Y'all moving to Ohio?"
"So. How's the new job"
"I heard about that happened to your boy, Haze."
'Uncle Anthony?"
"Jerome? You paid them?"

It seems like they're rushing through stuff to move the story along.
There's no way Bobby would have gotten signed and made a record without his whole crew and the hood in general knowing about it.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
The writing on these last two episodes has been sloppy. Almost all of it is exposition.
"So. How's the new job"
'Uncle Anthony?"
"Jerome? You paid them?"

There's no way Bobby would have gotten signed and made a record without his whole crew and the hood in general knowing about it.

Not unless he was ashamed of the song

Either way if Rza said it went down like that then it went down like that:russ:

• Dap
Reactions: TEH

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
You mean 9th Prince? :dead:

It'd be dope to have a Killarmy shout if so

Yeah. He often says 9th Prism, as well as a slew of other names. He is RZA's brother, I just don't know how, AND Killarmy is 1/2 Staten & 1/2 OH

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
"So. How's the new job"
'Uncle Anthony?"
"Jerome? You paid them?"

That's not that far fetched. It's not like he already didn't have music floating around. Unless he told people, no one would really know if he was on a label, without a video. Especially in one month. There's currently artists that have been signed for years, people think are independent.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah. He often says 9th Prism, as well as a slew of other names. He is RZA's brother, I just don't know how, AND Killarmy is 1/2 Staten & 1/2 OH

The show spelled it out.. Different father.. He's also much younger
Rza stayed in Ohio with his mom and stepfather... So that step dad gotta be 9th's pops.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
The show spelled it out.. Different father..
Rza stayed in Ohio with his mom and stepfather... So that step dad gotta be 9th's pops

I meant in real life. I didn't know if they had the same mother or same father, I just knew they were brothers. But OH, with Pop Dukes moving Randy there does imply that it's 9th.

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
I know that they combined elements of his different siblings together instead of having all of them in the show. So some elements of Randy are probably from 9th Prince but he also probably has other younger brothers mixed in there as well. I know Shurrie is based on two sisters if I'm not mistaken. The only ones that are for sure are Bobby and Divine.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I know that they combined elements of his different siblings together instead of having all of them in the show. So some elements of Randy are probably from 9th Prince but he also probably has other younger brothers mixed in there as well. I know Shurrie is based on two sisters if I'm not mistaken. The only ones that are for sure are Bobby and Divine.

It'd be dope if 9th was the one they decided to go with, even though it's his older brother is the one named Randy.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
That's not that far fetched. It's not like he already didn't have music floating around. Unless he told people, no one would really know if he was on a label, without a video. Especially in one month. There's currently artists that have been signed for years, people think are independent.

Yea, we been with technology and twitter so long people forget (or too young and wasn’t born) there was a time where there was no internet or social media and news ain’t travel as fast

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah the writing with rza felt sloppy. I’m with you there. Rza has always said he wasn’t down with the I love you rakeem shyt but here he seems to be so down with it. The tension is there as far as him wanting to put his boys on and the manager saying “nah” but I can also buy the labels wanting him because rap was blowing up and anyone with a look and a hook would catch on. It was a different era so it makes sense.
But I would’ve appreciated seeing how he went from that intelligent stuff to being willing to do that single which he’s stated on record he didn’t want to do.

What i pulled from that scene was Bobby digging for a track to sample.. He said he was a producer and the manager said NO... so basically they used the record he wanted but he wasnt allowed to produce it. which gave him the nah.. i wanna produce my own shyt attitude. So he was down with the record and the sample but not with the way it turned out and the way the label wanted him to be on that,

"So. How's the new job"
'Uncle Anthony?"
"Jerome? You paid them?"

There's no way Bobby would have gotten signed and made a record without his whole crew and the hood in general knowing about it

Shotgun and Ghost knew. but it still was a different time. I've been to a "real" studio and recorded and things.. We all talked about it... it was dope.. but that Vinyl pressing was Tommy Boy not Bobby. and he probably didnt wanna tell them after the song was done and the video cause he thought it was wack and not reflective of him.
the one month later was just Bobby being away . they couldve thought he was in Ohio.. then being shocked going to the store and seeing his single... Its very plausible to happen that way .Especially in 1991