Official Wu-Tang: An American Saga Season 1 Thread

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
The ending of episode 6 got me like:mjcry:

Just the scene of everyone looking down on what happen. The bold move to set up how the police came

And that music at the very very end:to:

Also kinda connecting the dots but yeah Haze was
Kase, that dude who was killed by cops in Shoalin in like 94 and was a friend of Meth's right? I mean they changed shyt up for fictional reasons but that was the inspiration

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
This week's episode was dope to me.

I really liked the pigeon flight connecting the scenes.

Joey Badass as The Rebel OCD :ohhh:

My favourite thing has been watching Rae walk around with that "Ni-nikkas bit offa Nas shyt :wtb:"energy any time someone is rhyming. When he started rhyming, shyt was like a stormcloud breaking.

The escalation after the old lady called the cops :francis::snoop:

I clocked that the cop was Officer Brown when he first showed up. Haze was Kase :mjcry:

EXACTLY!! The Clan stayed callin Rae a hater...this show is catching that perfectly. Shameik is really growing into the role as the show goes on. I wonder how much was shot sequential.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
EXACTLY!! The Clan stayed callin Rae a hater...this show is catching that perfectly. Shameik is really growing into the role as the show goes on. I wonder how much was shot sequential.

Dude is damn near the villain of the piece at the moment :ehh:

He's also pretty much the only character who doesn't really have friends like that, outside of Bobby. He has Power, and even he's his boss. He left his mom's crib, Shotgun looks at him like :childplease::camby:everytime he comes around, I'm pretty sure Dennis still wants smoke, Jah Son got killed and despite that he still has to fukk with Cressi too.

He's like Wolverine when he first gets brought around the X-Men in pretty much every version they've ever done - just watching everyone like :rudy::comeon::martin:

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
just started watching and binged 4 episode, loving this show so far
we get to explore RZA's mind since he wrote some of these

i love hearing the early 90 hip hop beats in the background

the actress who plays Rza's sister is the most beautiful thing ive ever seen :noah:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
The end of that last episode felt so tonally different from the rest of the show :mjtf:

I think there was a better way to direct it.

People gotta give Ashton a break. Not really RZA yet.

I mean Pac in 89/90 is very different from Pac in 96....

I also feel like he does try to sound like RZA when RZA speaks in a soft spoken manner in some interviews

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Not that it matters because dude is killing the role, but it seems like dude playing RZA is not from Harlem.

374012.jpg

374003.jpg

374011.jpg

D561DvMW0AE8ejg.jpg
:mjlol::mjlol:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That explains it. Wu tang was heavy By tri state and Philly thing. They most of there love up there. Every where else most of there fan base was White or Latino.

Naw I am from chicago and black kats in the 90s loved them up there. But also chicago is a city in which kats in the 80s and 90s and 2000s listened rap from all over the country.

Last edited: