Official Wu-Tang: An American Saga Season 1 Thread

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
None of them did. They're in their early-mid 20's. Outside of the "W" I'm sure they couldn't even name them individually.

I'm damn near 40 and I never listened to them either they weren't my type of music....I know a gang of people who didn't mess with them heavy outside of CREAM and some of their solo releases.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that sh'tty 360p cgi pigeon was doing my fuccin head in all episode

oh and I lowkey want that old bish clapped for calling the police :yeshrug:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This was an interesting episode. Real lyrical and I don’t mean the rhymes lol. Just the direction of it and the pigeon going for the “birds eye view” of shaolin.

I like the theme of unity that went through the episode and learning to fight for something bigger than you. Every main character found something bigger than them. For RZA, it’s his family. For divine, meth, Rae and deck, it’s seeing Haze (Case) killed by officer brown. For Dennis, it’s Shurrie and for Ms Diggs, it’s Jerome. Thematically it all works to show how staten needs to stop the bullshyt amongst themselves and find a common cause to fight for and against. That’s the music.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Act Hard like Bokeem Woodbine:pachaha:

...I thought that Meth friend:rip: getting killed by the Negro Pig happened in 92/93:snoop:

It's symbolic when a bird is on your windowsill, somebody close to you is going to die:sadcam:

it was 94.... the show is giving us the main details.... facts in the story .. for the sake of TV things are being shuffled.. but its not taking away from the fact it happened and its impact on those involved

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
This was an interesting episode. Real lyrical and I don’t mean the rhymes lol. Just the direction of it and the pigeon going for the “birds eye view” of shaolin.

I like the theme of unity that went through the episode and learning to fight for something bigger than you. Every main character found something bigger than them. For RZA, it’s his family. For divine, meth, Rae and deck, it’s seeing Haze (Case) killed by officer brown. For Dennis, it’s Shurrie and for Ms Diggs, it’s Jerome. Thematically it all works to show how staten needs to stop the bullshyt amongst themselves and find a common cause to fight for and against. That’s the music.

The only problem with that, is that Kase was well after Wu was already formed. So while it works for the story, it doesn't really work for their story.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The only problem with that, is that Kase was well after Wu was already formed. So while it works for the story, it doesn't really work for their story.
Of course it doesn’t work for their real story but it works for the show. It’s still an adaptation. You move things around, you fudge details here and there for what makes compelling tv not a compelling documentary. Case could’ve been any black man in Staten Island at that time. Whether it was 1990 or 1994. That’s the unfortunate aspect of the story.

I’m not looking for this to be a word for word translation of their lives. Meth didn’t record any version of bring the pain before 93 lol so the show is already fudging around with shyt to be cute and for “dramatic effect”

like meth and Rae doing meth vs chef right there in the yard. Did they battle before? More than likely. Did they battle those exact lines and that whole song? More than likely not. But it achieves the purpose of sowing the tension between them and the eventual respect

I’m not judging the show on its accuracy of what’s known about their backstory. Just how it works as a show and a narrative. I know a lot of people get geeked over Easter eggs and determine whether it’s a good show if it lines up with history, but that shyt makes no difference to me :manny:

They could get everything 100 percent right and the show could be boring and wack