Official Wu-Tang: An American Saga Season 1 Thread

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
The actor who played RZA did ok but he could have worked harder at getting the voice down imo! In his defense though RZA is a tough person to portray on film I could imagine.

Wow that's dope. Busta, Biggie and Jay went to the same high school as well I think.

yep I think AZ went to that High School too.

Its crazy when you look at the 90’s and see how many rappers who were from the same area that blew up either knew or had close affiliations with one another. Nas and half of Queensbridge, Jay/Biggie/Busta, hell even Dre, Big Boi and the Dungeon Family

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The actor who played RZA did ok but he could have worked harder at getting the voice down imo! In his defense though RZA is a tough person to portray on film I could imagine.

Wow that's dope. Busta, Biggie and Jay went to the same high school as well I think.

Yes they did. My High School.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

Its crazy when you look at the 90’s and see how many rappers who were from the same area that blew up either knew or had close affiliations with one another. Nas and half of Queensbridge, Jay/Biggie/Busta, hell even Dre, Big Boi and the Dungeon Family

75% of ALL late 80s early-mid 90s rappers are intertwined in one way or another... You had to back then... Now with all these at home studios nobody really mingles.

I remember going to the studio and so and so just left. .. Or the engineer playing so and so albums before it dropped.. Theres no time like it...

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

AZ and Jay went to Sarah J. Jay also went to Westinghouse with Big and Busta.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Was the Killer Hill record a real record Method man did? That shyt sounds tough :ohhh:

was episode 5 based off real events?

Last edited:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Another serious question. How real are these accounts of Park Hill vs Stapleton? Cause there's certain hood beef shyt shyt you don't come back from. Like did Rae seriously shoot up Ghost's crib up where the bullets barely missed his moms? :picard:And Rae, Power, and company setting ablaze Ghost's and RZA's dope house they were selling at while they were still in it. But yet they they become a group??:patrice: How is that even possible:mindblown:

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
None of them did. They're in their early-mid 20's. Outside of the "W" I'm sure they couldn't even name them individually.
Im pretty sure Dave East listened to Wu

but whats the verdict on this shyt brehs? i haven't watched a single episode but loved that Wu docu series that dropped a few months back

i already know its not going to touch the greatness of the docu series, should i bother?

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Another serious question. How real are these accounts of Park Hill vs Stapleton? Cause there's certain hood beef shyt shyt you don't come back from. Like did Rae seriously shoot up Ghost's crib up where the bullets barely missed his moms? :picard:And Rae, Power, and company setting ablaze Ghost's and RZA's dope house they were selling at while they were still in it. But yet they they become a group??:patrice: How is that even possible:mindblown:

They're real. They Wu always talk about the seriousness of the Stapleton vs Park Hill ish. Look at the Shy vs Rae beef interviews.

Im pretty sure Dave East listened to Wu

but whats the verdict on this shyt brehs? i haven't watched a single episode but loved that Wu docu series that dropped a few months back

i already know its not going to touch the greatness of the docu series, should i bother?

Dave East is like 30. By the time he would've been getting serious into rap, Wu's reign was over and it would've been X, Jigga, Lox, with 50 & Dipset coming up in the wings. Us serious Wu fans are pushing 40 & up.