Official Wu-Tang: An American Saga Season 1 Thread

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I guess for me growing up a fairly big Wu fan.

I felt like I already knew enough about Rza (who was actually my fav in the group) ODB, Ghost, Rae and Meth.

I was maybe hoping to learn a little bit more about Masta Killa, UGod, Deck. I always felt the least connected with them for probably the obvious reasons

You won't hear about Masta Killa and even U-God until almost near the end of the series if the series concludes with them officially becoming Wu-Tang. Masta Killa didn't join until AFTER they formed the group and both him and U-God came after Proteck Ya Neck was made. U-God was mostly incarcerated so you won't get even know about him until well after Bobby transforms himself into the RZA. As for Deck, Joey Bada$$ is cast to play him this season so he'll be introduced real soon.

dat aint da same sandwich

links wid dem grits
Daps
Reppin
NJ
That racist Italian shyt though. :gucci: Did that really happen?

As for the show it's just aiight.

Dude who plays RZA is miscast and much darker than he is while dude who plays Meth is much lighter. :skip: Only on point characters are ODB and Divine. Dude who play Ghost can kinda pass.

Also the way they dress is more like 1995.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
1st bold: thats the point .. protect ya neck is season 3. He aint even rza yet... he didnt get his first deal yet... he's still just bobby.

2nd bold: As a stutterer... its hard to fake a stutter and sound believable.. i cant even fake a stutter myself and sound believer.. i said this before in this thread.. A stutter is hard to fake.. its predictable and random at the same time.

I know my triggers but there's times i dont and theres times when im not even at a trigger and i do...It best to not even try IMO

Thing is with the RZA he has multiple things going on with his speech.

He has a very strong NY accent, he talks very fast, he stutters slightly and then has almost like a lisp. So to imitate him would be extremely difficult.

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps
I dunno if that's him. I don't think we'll be officially get to him until much much MUCH later due to him not fitting into the origins of Wu-Tang. U-God and Masta Killa joined after the demo version of Protect Ya Neck. U-God was incarcerated for the most part. So, we maybe get introduced to U-God AFTER the Ohio incident.
Yup.

Haze isn't U-God. U might've been heavier in the streets than some of the other guys, but he was still a relative lightweight. He wasn't the one putting Divine on with the Jamaicans. He worked at the Statue of Liberty with Meth as a janitor.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
That’s another thing that kinda irks me is that sometimes the fashion and style isn’t consistent with the time it’s set in. Specifically Bobby wearing baggy ass army fatigues and timbs. I’m not from NY so I don’t know when that trend truly truly started taking flight but I feel like it didn’t start till 92 at the earliest.

They've actually been pretty on point with it. Maybe the easiest way to tell is by the Ralph Lauren pieces that were out during the time it's set in. I think a couple of them might be early (The Snow Beach/ Cold Wave Collection dropped in 92, not 91 - but that fleece is so connected to Rae that I felt like it was an easter egg, more than a mistake). Other than that, Rae's bear sweater at the funeral and the cross flags knit from last week are joints that were out at the time.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That racist Italian shyt though. :gucci: Did that really happen?

As for the show it's just aiight.

Dude who plays RZA is miscast and much darker than he is while dude who plays Meth is much lighter. :skip: Only on point characters are ODB and Divine. Dude who play Ghost can kinda pass.

Also the way they dress is more like 1995.

The racism in Staten Island then, and now, is very real.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
That’s another thing that kinda irks me is that sometimes the fashion and style isn’t consistent with the time it’s set in. Specifically Bobby wearing baggy ass army fatigues and timbs. I’m not from NY so I don’t know when that trend truly truly started taking flight but I feel like it didn’t start till 92 at the earliest.

They had Rakim rocking 94 Rodman’s lol

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why was Ghostface listening to Cypress Hill:skip:

Its still possible if he was listening to how I could kill a man. It was originally released as a single back in the late 1990 or early 1991. I remember hearing it on a mix tape back in late 1990 same as hand on the pump before the cypress hill album was released.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I'm only on episode 3, but who the fukk is jah son supposed to be?

also, the dude playing ODB kills it everytime he's on screen.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
It sounded like an off camera character. Rza's aunt wasn't dating that owner of the diner where his mother worked. Her boyfriend got killed off screen.

Not the owner.. She was talking to somebody in the diner. Thought he ran the numbers... I thought the owner said one of my numbers guy came up short and now he's missing.. I assumed it was the cat the aunt was tryna talk to..
Cause rza mom told her I don't shyt where I eat... Cause she knew... Just work for the Italians and go home.. The sister violated, and took his money. Rza mom knew she fukked him over with all those expensive gifts.. She wasnt shocked when they rung her bell..
The sister had no boyfriend she I took it as. But yea she was staying with a friend.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I just googled it and woah Q-Tip used to battle ODB and RZA for real? That's crazy!
There’s a podcast meth and tip both guested on to talk about 36 and midnight marauders. Tip talked about 36, meth talked about midnight. And tip talked about battling ODB and that’s when he knew wu was going to be big

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
The actor who played RZA did ok but he could have worked harder at getting the voice down imo! In his defense though RZA is a tough person to portray on film I could imagine.

There’s a podcast meth and tip both guested on to talk about 36 and midnight marauders. Tip talked about 36, meth talked about midnight. And tip talked about battling ODB and that’s when he knew wu was going to be big
Wow that's dope. Busta, Biggie and Jay went to the same high school as well I think.