Official Wu-Tang: An American Saga Season 1 Thread

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
What y'all have to understand is we need the bobby story...
Bobby is the only common denominator between these people who hate each other.

Bobby rolls in 3 cliques ... its him and his cousins, him & dennis and him & sha. He is cool with Shotgun ... All 9 ARE NOT cool with each other yet. that's why he records or does whatever separately.

they didnt get along when they started the Wu. they made a truce and trusted RZA and he told them give me 3-5 years .. if it doesnt work we can split and y'all can go back to beefing

He's not RZA until AFTER the acquittal. which i think his arrest is gonna be the season finale.

Last edited:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Read an early review that said episode 8 focuses on rza getting his solo. And it’s only 10 episodes so I assume there’s gotta be a season 2 if Hulu is down

the episode title is Labels and i assumed that a few pages ago... based on the episode titles... i think episode 10, the finale will be his arrest (whether its on OH or they move it to NY is another story.)

but with the current Mob problems its a perfect time to move to OH temp.

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just so y'all know.. we are currently Christmas 1990
That’s another thing that kinda irks me is that sometimes the fashion and style isn’t consistent with the time it’s set in. Specifically Bobby wearing baggy ass army fatigues and timbs. I’m not from NY so I don’t know when that trend truly truly started taking flight but I feel like it didn’t start till 92 at the earliest.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Finally caught up. Good show but there's definitely alot of filler in the episodes. This is entertaining but its a super slow burn of a show. Not that it needs to go at a breakneck speed but I think we got the gist of the reoccurring themes more than enough times- Bobby needs to step it up, Ghost's family has it rough, Stapleton vs Park Hill, Divine's story, the drug game, Bobby learning to use the equipment, etc. Some of this needs to be cut back a tad imo. At this rate we won't get to see them in the studio recording "Protect Ya Neck" until around season 3 or some shyt.

Acting wise I think Bobby is good. The kid playing him reminds me of a younger Keith Stanfield. I know cats want him to do the Rza stutter in his voice but maybe Rza the showrunner/producer didn't want him to do the stutter. Everybody else is pretty good. The low key standout was the dude that got gunned down, Jah Son, was the best actor by far. Cool shyt so far tho but I hope they pick up the pace a bit more in the next episodes

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That’s another thing that kinda irks me is that sometimes the fashion and style isn’t consistent with the time it’s set in. Specifically Bobby wearing baggy ass army fatigues and timbs. I’m not from NY so I don’t know when that trend truly truly started taking flight but I feel like it didn’t start till 92 at the earliest.
Nah that’s on point. The fashion is true to the era

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Finally caught up. Good show but there's definitely alot of filler in the episodes. This is entertaining but its a super slow burn of a show. Not that it needs to go at a breakneck speed but I think we got the gist of the reoccurring themes more than enough times- Bobby needs to step it up, Ghost's family has it rough, Stapleton vs Park Hill, Divine's story, the drug game, Bobby learning to use the equipment, etc. Some of this needs to be cut back a tad imo. At this rate we won't get to see them in the studio recording "Protect Ya Neck" until around season 3 or some shyt.

Acting wise I think Bobby is good. The kid playing him reminds me of a younger Keith Stanfield. I know cats want him to do the Rza stutter in his voice but maybe Rza the showrunner/producer didn't want him to do the stutter. Everybody else is pretty good. The low key standout was the dude that got gunned down, Jah Son, was the best actor by far. Cool shyt so far tho but I hope they pick up the pace a bit more in the next episodes

1st bold: thats the point .. protect ya neck is season 3. He aint even rza yet... he didnt get his first deal yet... he's still just bobby.

2nd bold: As a stutterer... its hard to fake a stutter and sound believable.. i cant even fake a stutter myself and sound believer.. i said this before in this thread.. A stutter is hard to fake.. its predictable and random at the same time.

I know my triggers but there's times i dont and theres times when im not even at a trigger and i do...It best to not even try IMO

Last edited:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
its on point..

remember if you saw it in videos late 91/early 92 it means we been doing years before.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
1st bold: thats the point .. protect ya neck is season 3. He aint even rza yet... he didnt get his girst deal yet... he's still just bobby.

2nd bold: As a stutterer... its hard to fake a stutter and sound believable.. i cant even fake a stutter myself and sound believer.. i said this before in this thread.. A stutter is hard to fake.. its predictable and random at the same time.

I know my triggers but there's times i dont and theres times when im not even at a trigger and i do...It best to not even try IMO
That's way too long of a drag it out/slow burn though. I completely agree with Bobby being the centerpiece of the show because he's the one that brought everybody together but imo they still need to trim some fat and advance the story a little more further. Need a little more camera time for the GZA and get Inspecta Deck and UGod into the mix.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I guess for me growing up a fairly big Wu fan.

I felt like I already knew enough about Rza (who was actually my fav in the group) ODB, Ghost, Rae and Meth.

I was maybe hoping to learn a little bit more about Masta Killa, UGod, Deck. I always felt the least connected with them for probably the obvious reasons

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I'm loving how RZA's aunt ripped off them Italians and boyfriend got :rip:.

Now they want the family to pay it back or :rip:. This some real life schitt.

that wasnt her boyfriend it was the italian guy she met.
its crazy cause he gave RZA mom the lawyer to help Divine.
he only went to them like that cause he likes her and she works for him

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
He's not RZA. He's not even Rakeem yet. He's still Bobby.
The tonal shift from when this "woe is me" ass dude goes from ladies man Prince Rakeem then to the RZA is about to be off the charts :russ:

It's ok to admit the casting isn't great in this show because it's not. Divine and ODB are damn near perfect while RZA and Ghost might as well be different people entirely.