Official Wu-Tang: An American Saga Season 1 Thread

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Here’s my one caveat on Dave East as meth: he hasn’t been in enough of the show to know what he can and can’t do as meth. His screen time total is probably 20 min out of all five episodes. Including the episode he wasn’t in. I can’t make a judgement on him yet. I will say he does a dead on impression of his flow and cadence
Is this show supposed to be ongoing or is this a one season limited series?

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
ongoing from context clues. Hulu hasn’t picked up a season 2 yet
Kinda wondering how far into it this show will go. If u didn't know about WU you would probably think this is another urban drama. So dope they took a rooted and intimate direction. This could've easily been a cliche rap chronicle.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Kinda wondering how far into it this show will go. If u didn't know about WU you would probably think this is another urban drama. So dope they took a rooted and intimate direction. This could've easily been a cliche rap chronicle.
Read an early review that said episode 8 focuses on rza getting his solo. And it’s only 10 episodes so I assume there’s gotta be a season 2 if Hulu is down

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Dave East isn't energetic enough for me to be Meth.

going to be the meth geek again (that doesn’t sound right) but meth says he was always chill. Method man is the persona. Clifford aka shotgun was always relaxed and chill. Method man is when he gets animated and amped

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
going to be the meth geek again (that doesn’t sound right) but meth says he was always chill. Method man is the persona. Clifford aka shotgun was always relaxed and chill. Method man is when he gets animated and amped
rLgjA52.gif

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is a dope show. Some good acting aside from some rushed shyt.

Rza obviously running this focusing on his family but they keep it interesting at least. Dude playing ghost doesn't remind me of ghost but he gets the job done. Don't like the meth casting but dude playing odb is killing it even tho not much screen.

Divine is the real gem here.

The guy playing Divine is killing it and he has the most interesting storyline so far.

I enjoyed episode 5 a lot. Looking forward to the next week’s Wu Wednesday.

From a social study standpoint, it’s crazy how these guys are kids but are forced to deal with grown people problems.

Ghost, Divine, RZA, Power and the sister are children basically running their respective households. Shows how the previous generation failed the kids coming of age in the 80s and 90s.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First 5 episodes are only focusing on rza and his family so far . I really want to learn more about the other 9 rappers in the group.

I really don’t give a fukk about rza family drama .

I wanna see how everybody cliqued up

Why is divine story so important to the wu tang saga??? Was he even a rapper ? Did he end up funding the wu tang clan?

Dismissing the fact that RZA is the showrunner of this series, you DO UNDERSTAND that Wu-Tang and in fact, more than HALF of the Wu-members wouldn't even be rapping had it not been for RZA. He is the one who created WU-TANG and the one that brought them all together. So OF COURSE it will be centered around him mostly, because this is HIS GROUP that HE CREATED. All the other MC's will fall into the fold with the last being Masta Killa because he was the very last to make it into the group and that was well AFTER the group was formed which is still a long ways from now with this series.

As for the significance of Divine. He and Power were the business and muscle behind the scenes. They were instrumental in investing and making deals with labels and booking shows and so forth. They largely handled the business end.

The show is how all of this came together which IS IN LARGE PART dealt with RZA's family because the events that directly happened with him and his family were instrumental to how Wu-Tang was form more than anything.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Episode 5 was dope! I knew that Killa Hill tape would set Ghostface off. Nice to see him finally take the rap shyt seriously (kinda). The more episodes I watch, the more I believe that Haze is U-God. Mainly based off his interactions with Mef and the fact that U-God was supposedly heavy in the streets.

I dunno if that's him. I don't think we'll be officially get to him until much much MUCH later due to him not fitting into the origins of Wu-Tang. U-God and Masta Killa joined after the demo version of Protect Ya Neck. U-God was incarcerated for the most part. So, we maybe get introduced to U-God AFTER the Ohio incident.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Dismissing the fact that RZA is the showrunner of this series, you DO UNDERSTAND that Wu-Tang and in fact, more than HALF of the Wu-members wouldn't even be rapping had it not been for RZA. He is the one who created WU-TANG and the one that brought them all together. So OF COURSE it will be centered around him mostly, because this is HIS GROUP that HE CREATED. All the other MC's will fall into the fold with the last being Masta Killa because he was the very last to make it into the group and that was well AFTER the group was formed which is still a long ways from now with this series.

As for the significance of Divine. He and Power were the business and muscle behind the scenes. They were instrumental in investing and making deals with labels and booking shows and so forth. They largely handled the business end.

The show is how all of this came together which IS IN LARGE PART dealt with RZA's family because the events that directly happened with him and his family were instrumental to how Wu-Tang was form more than anything.
On the real....so what man? :unimpressed:

We aint hear nary one of them heffas on 36 Chambers so they aint all that important to most.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On the real....so what man? :unimpressed:

We aint hear nary one of them heffas on 36 Chambers so they aint all that important to most.

You want to know how the WU was created... then you have no choice to learn RZA's story because it's all is based on the events that happened to him and his family. Why talk about most of the others who weren't even feeling like rapping at that point with the exception of Method Man?

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
My biggest gripe for the show is the guy who plays Rza. I feel that he's miscast. Maybe it's the way he talks, his height or his very understatement performance but I can't buy that he's Rza.