Official Wu-Tang: An American Saga Season 1 Thread

Marti

Tete status
Daps
Reppin
First 5 episodes are only focusing on rza and his family so far . I really want to learn more about the other 9 rappers in the group.

I really don’t give a fukk about rza family drama .

I wanna see how everybody cliqued up

Why is divine story so important to the wu tang saga??? Was he even a rapper ? Did he end up funding the wu tang clan?

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps
Why is divine story so important to the wu tang saga???
Did he end up funding the wu tang clan?
Yeah, he and Power bankrolled the Wu early. It's why they're listed as Executive Producers on 36 Chambers. Divine would end up being in charge of the business, management, setting up deals, accounting, etc. RZA had the vision and did the music but Divine is the one that ran that shyt. There's some interesting material coming with the individual guys' freedom and him down the road too.

Power set up and ran Wu-Wear.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
The lady playing Shurri has a huge future ahead of her. She’s stealing a lot of scenes, and the muted play applause scene was captivating.

That said
Can Rza collect $100 from these dudes already and record Protect Ya Neck

And Meth getting in Rae’s ass in the lobby probably started Meth vs Chef

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
First 5 episodes are only focusing on rza and his family so far . I really want to learn more about the other 9 rappers in the group.

I really don’t give a fukk about rza family drama .

I wanna see how everybody cliqued up

Why is divine story so important to the wu tang saga??? Was he even a rapper ? Did he end up funding the wu tang clan?

Divine, Power and Ghost are the financial backers of Wu.
Divine and Power handle business and management while RZA was free to execute his vision without any money worries.. just focus..

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
The lady playing Shurri has a huge future ahead of her. She’s stealing a lot of scenes, and the muted play applause scene was captivating.

That said
Can Rza collect $100 from these dudes already and record Protect Ya Neck

And Meth getting in Rae’s ass in the lobby probably started Meth vs Chef

Meth vs Chef happened cause RZA used to have them battle to get on beats. they both wanted that beat.. they batted and it ended up a record

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
Episode 5 was dope! I knew that Killa Hill tape would set Ghostface off. Nice to see him finally take the rap shyt seriously (kinda). The more episodes I watch, the more I believe that Haze is U-God. Mainly based off his interactions with Mef and the fact that U-God was supposedly heavy in the streets.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Didn’t like this episode as much. I know what it’s going for regarding the shyt with their aunt and putting everyone in a really fukked up situation but it could’ve been tighter. All the shyt with ghost and meth and the brief rae spots were dope. And divines journey is interesting but yeah it felt like it should’ve been more efficient

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
This is a dope show. Some good acting aside from some rushed shyt.

Rza obviously running this focusing on his family but they keep it interesting at least. Dude playing ghost doesn't remind me of ghost but he gets the job done. Don't like the meth casting but dude playing odb is killing it even tho not much screen.

Divine is the real gem here.

Marti

Tete status
Daps
Reppin
Yeah, he and Power bankrolled the Wu early. It's why they're listed as Executive Producers on 36 Chambers. Divine would end up being in charge of the business, management, setting up deals, accounting, etc. RZA had the vision and did the music but Divine is the one that ran that shyt. There's some interesting material coming with the individual guys' freedom and him down the road too.

Power set up and ran Wu-Wear.

Divine, Power and Ghost are the financial backers of Wu.
Divine and Power handle business and management while RZA was free to execute his vision without any money worries.. just focus..

Good looks on the knowledge

Last 5 episodes are making sense now .

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
1. Boy playing ODB really took me there when he was in the basement with Bobby

2. Little kid from the " c.r.e.a.m." video looks more like Rae than this cat they got playing him

3. Is the dude playing Divine his son or sum shyt?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
1. Boy playing ODB really took me there when he was in the basement with Bobby

2. Little kid from the " c.r.e.a.m." video looks more like Rae than this cat they got playing him

3. Is the dude playing Divine his son or sum shyt?
He’s not his son but he has that mans vocals down pact

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Finally binged all the eps last night to catch up. I'm loving this series so far. I really like how they aren't rushing anything either and instead slowing letting the pieces fall into place. The dude playing Ghost is hit or miss. There's times where it seems he captures the intimidation factor of Ghost but not others where it just seems too timid with it all. The Rza actor doesn't have Rza's charisma and show why people would gravitate to him. ODB actor is killing. Not feeling Dave East as Meth at all. They needed somebody more charismatic and a lot more energetic and with more comedy. Devine is killing it. I wonder if they're going to get into the drug use.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Finally binged all the eps last night to catch up. I'm loving this series so far. I really like how they aren't rushing anything either and instead slowing letting the pieces fall into place. The dude playing Ghost is hit or miss. There's times where it seems he captures the intimidation factor of Ghost but not others where it just seems too timid with it all. The Rza actor doesn't have Rza's charisma and show why people would gravitate to him. ODB actor is killing. Not feeling Dave East as Meth at all. They needed somebody more charismatic and a lot more energetic and with more comedy. Devine is killing it. I wonder if they're going to get into the drug use.

Here’s my one caveat on Dave East as meth: he hasn’t been in enough of the show to know what he can and can’t do as meth. His screen time total is probably 20 min out of all five episodes. Including the episode he wasn’t in. I can’t make a judgement on him yet. I will say he does a dead on impression of his flow and cadence