Official Wu-Tang: An American Saga Season 1 Thread

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
It appears so, theres an episode where ghost, rza are at a rakim show and rakim is performing follow the leader.

This is what I'm really starting to like about this show. It exists in a fully populated New York City. It's not like they have it in other hip hop biopics where the protagonist seems to be the only rapper out. They've given the Wu story some real context.

Also: according to imdb - they cast a Roxanne Shante and Fly Ty, so Cold Chillin is in here somewhere.

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
Wanna watch but gonna wait till the whole thing is available for streaming on Hulu....and gonna stay away from the thread until then

Supreme365

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC
Why they got my man Dave east in black face him and meth already damn near the same color:dead:

All in all this is a dope series
WU 4 LIFE

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I liked the first three episodes. It gets better as it goes. They seem to get more comfortable in their roles and becomes the guys rather than being actors playing them. Could do without some of the flashbacks RZA has and because he co-wrote the episodes, it’s definitely heavy handed at times. He’s never been a subtle writer lol. But the drama works even though I know the outcome

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I think that was Cap in the first 2 mins...the one that dapped Power

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Bul playing Divine is killin this.

It's crazy but RZA really doesn't like to speak on his past like that. He may say a line or 2, but overall he brushes it off. He really doesn't speak on the negative ish he was in to....watching this, the casuals would never know how wild RZA was. Hell, that goes for Meth too.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bul playing Divine is killin this.

It's crazy but RZA really doesn't like to speak on his past like that. He may say a line or 2, but overall he brushes it off. He really doesn't speak on the negative ish he was in to....watching this, the casuals would never know how wild RZA was. Hell, that goes for Meth too.

That dude is killing it. Gotta Divine’s voice and mannerisms down to a T.

I don’t know if they are going to show their adventures in Ohio, but the Wu was wilding out in Ohio. RZA took an attempted murder charge to trial.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
That's what I'm gonna be checkin for.

I was right about the green and blue Snow Beach hoodie in the pilot. I asked the stylist on Instagram. :ehh:

There's something :mindblown: about the fact that he's homeless, sleeping rough on a roof, but he's got this piece on his back which would become iconic and sell for a bunch of money because of him, years later:wow:

It feels like a metaphor for the fact they were trapped in the drug game because of their immediate circumstances, even though they were creating this art in their spare time that would go on to be added to the canon of American culture and make them household names.:leon:

Last edited:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
That dude is killing it. Gotta Divine’s voice and mannerisms down to a T.

I don’t know if they are going to show their adventures in Ohio, but the Wu was wilding out in Ohio. RZA took an attempted murder charge to trial.

Doesn't look like they're gonna touch on the gun trafficking, RZA being just as wild, the mob ties...