Official Wu-Tang: An American Saga Season 1 Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Hmmmmmmm. Is this worth the download?

Just browsed past it but wanna get feedback from y’all first :lupe:

It just came out. So most opinions will be later in the day unless it’s from someone on the west coast or works from home. Or doesn’t work at all. It’s wu tang man just download it lol.

chiefdogg

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just finished the first episode. It’s dope so far. Acting is a little below average, but I’m looking past it.

I grew up on Wu, my favorite group of all time, so it’s not hard for me to track who is who and who becomes who as they progress through the show.

It was so dope in the beginning with them showing how the beat for 7th chamber came through and Rae spittin on it.

I know most young dudes watching this are probably confused on who is who lol other than probably RZA. I’m glad they didn’t go the cheap route and subtitle the rap names at the bottom.

Edit- Just finished all 3 episodes. Definitely a must watch for any hiphop fan. Great show so far, I was ready to watch more episodes.
Apperciate the feedback.

Jards

All Star
Daps
These drop all at once or is it a weekly thing?

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Caught the first ep this morning.

They've done a great job capturing the energy of different members. The guy who plays Dirty got to give the biggest performance, obviously, but the other cast members played it a lot more lowkey.

I have a feeling there's gonna be an undercurrent of shout outs to people who really fukk with the Wu.

They have Ghost reacting like :ohhh::gladbron::banderas: to 'Hard Times' which would go on to be the sample for 'Buck 50' off Supreme Clientele. In storyline, this is probably a good 7-8 years before the song even comes out.

Ghost's two brothers with muscular dystrophy that he mentions on 'All That I Got Is You' are in this too :ehh:

Poppa Wu was the God kicking the 5% knowledge in one scene. :leon:

Rae is in an MPV at one point - I assume that every week he make 40 G's :mjgrin:
Little Rza getting the Beatrix Kiddo/ Pai Mei treatment in North Carolina :mjcry:

I'm almost certain they have Rae in the green and blue Snow Beach hoodie at one point, which was from the same Polo line that gave us

DBFb-LKXkAEYfZR.jpg:large

Edit: The fleece from the video is one of the items that falls from the sky during the animated interlude in episode 2

He was rocking the USA spellout joint at the beginning of the episode, too which I took to be the legendary 'Same damn Lo sweater' :wow:

I'm intrigued to see if they'll do a re-enactment of any songs like the way they did 'One Love' in Belly:ohhh:

Last edited:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Is this all before "Prince Rakeem" era?(1991)

I guess it must be right before it. They haven't mentioned Tommy Boy at all.

They say they're going to go see "Gary" in episode 2 - so I'm assuming if there's no 'Come Do Me' era Genius, then they're skipping that all together.

Is it true U God isn't involved at all? It seems kinda wild to airbrush him out of history. They better not have us sitting there for 8 bars of empty beat when they do the 'Mystery of Chessboxing' scene:unimpressed:

Rza was in the boardroom telling execs "Don't give him a credit - he's a psychopathic thinker :whoa:"

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I guess it must be right before it. They haven't mentioned Tommy Boy at all.

They say they're going to go see "Gary" in episode 2 - so I'm assuming if there's no 'Come Do Me' era Genius, then they're skipping that all together.

Is it true U God isn't involved at all? It seems kinda wild to airbrush him out of history. They better not have us sitting there for 8 bars of empty beat when they do the 'Mystery of Chessboxing' scene:unimpressed:

Rza was in the boardroom telling execs "Don't give him a credit - he's a psychopathic thinker :whoa:"

Im about 3 episodes in, no Ugod, Raekwon is a godamn scumbag :russ: