Official Wu-Tang: An American Saga Season 1 Thread

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
Counterpoint? Relax. Get some coffee. Chill the fukk out. It’s not that serious and it’s too early to have this much stick up your ass. Go outside or something
YOU'RE the one that quoted me nikka. :mjtf:Now go watch Atlanta and stop hyping this mediocre shyt.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
YOU'RE the one that quoted me nikka. :mjtf:Now go watch Atlanta and stop hyping this mediocre shyt.

If it’s mediocre why the fukk are you in a thread watching it? Sounds like you’re wasting your time.

And I quoted you to answer your question. And then you did the song and dance you’re doing now. Which again, unnecessary lol.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The beef with Rae and Ghost is true and they have mentioned it repeatedly. Even though Rae didn't admit to being part of both causing the fire and shooting up Ghost's moms crib... both of this been on record that those things DID HAPPENED. Wu-tang in the past never elaborated specifics, largely because certain legal and street consequences that would of occurred had they did (even if you watched Drink Champs they were implied to remind themselves to watch how they speak on certain parts of their history). Being that those incidents have happened, the fact they both Rae and Ghost once upon a time were gunning after each other due to hood beef, and both Rae and Ghost are consultants... chances are it did happened.

From the timeline of this show.... this is before BOTH RZA and GZA had their deals. Basically it's going literally all the way to the virtual beginning. For those complaining about why RZA is mostly the primary focus is due to RZA is the primary reason why Wu-Tang Clan even exist and this is his show. This is about he was able to bring all the people together and from the looks of things how Staten was able to unite because of it. So I can understand why this is primarily focused on him and everyone else coming in. This clearly going to be several seasons long. The fact that this is going all the way back before anyone ever have a deal is telling.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The beef with Rae and Ghost is true and they have mentioned it repeatedly. Even though Rae didn't admit to being part of both causing the fire and shooting up Ghost's moms crib... both of this been on record that those things DID HAPPENED. Wu-tang in the past never elaborated specifics, largely because certain legal and street consequences that would of occurred had they did (even if you watched Drink Champs they were implied to remind themselves to watch how they speak on certain parts of their history). Being that those incidents have happened, the fact they both Rae and Ghost once upon a time were gunning after each other due to hood beef, and both Rae and Ghost are consultants... chances are it did happened.

From the timeline of this show.... this is before BOTH RZA and GZA had their deals. Basically it's going literally all the way to the virtual beginning. For those complaining about why RZA is mostly the primary focus is due to RZA is the primary reason why Wu-Tang Clan even exist and this is his show. This is about he was able to bring all the people together and from the looks of things how Staten was able to unite because of it. So I can understand why this is primarily focused on him and everyone else coming in. This clearly going to be several seasons long. The fact that this is going all the way back before anyone ever have a deal is telling.

Read a review and the writer mentioned rza gets his solo deal in episode 8 so yeah this is for the long haul

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Post any source saying Rae shot up Ghost's crib. That shyt is :duck:, but ya'll can believe what you want.

I’m sure some stuff is done for dramatic effect. Some characters may be composites of other characters at certain times etc.

RZA explained the process in depicting his own family.

So Rae may not have actually shot Ghost crib, but he was running with the crew that did it.

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
I’m sure some stuff is done for dramatic effect. Some characters may be composites of other characters at certain times etc.

RZA explained the process in depicting his own family.

So Rae may not have actually shot Ghost crib, but he was running with the crew that did it.
Yea I figured that much. But the whole shyt with RZA holding the gun while denying it to Ghost's face just seems like tv drama shyt. No way that shyt happened. Like RZA's house just happening to be at the perfect spot for Rae to stash the tek seems like lazy writing to connect the main characters.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea I figured that much. But the whole shyt with RZA holding the gun while denying it to Ghost's face just seems like tv drama shyt. No way that shyt happened. Like RZA's house just happening to be at the perfect spot for Rae to stash the tek seems like lazy writing to connect the main characters.

Man you are looking at this shyt too literally :mjlol: It's a TV show.

You think Malcom and Shorty were playing cops and robbers in full zoot suits in Malcolm X? :heh:

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
Man you are looking at this shyt too literally :mjlol: It's a TV show.
And it's Hulu. I get it. After that epic docu series, I had high hopes for this. I should have went in with very low expectations. ODB is funny though, so I might keep going. This first episode is a drag though.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

Read a review and the writer mentioned rza gets his solo deal in episode 8 so yeah this is for the long haul

based on the first 3 eps..

they went to see Robocop 2 and that dropped in 1991 .. and after the Eric B and Rakim mess.... RZA , GZA and ODB formed All in together Now which is what they said at the end of the ep... so this is before everything and before "we love you Raheem" and "Girl Come Do me" ... He didnt really "quit" the game and go music full time until after the acquittal.. They should be moving to Ohio soon as Divine should be going on trail

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
So far I like it,

Grew up on Wu and was a major fan as a kid so I’m rocking with this to the end. Still just wished it was played more like a bigger ensemble show. Like how shows like GOT, The Wire and etc big shows really capture the perspectives of a large number of multiple characters.

That’s my only minor nitpick and that’s not even that much of a big deal to me

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
based on the first 3 eps..

they went to see Robocop 2 and that dropped in 1991 .. and after the Eric B and Rakim mess.... RZA , GZA and ODB formed All in together Now which is what they said at the end of the ep... so this is before everything and before "we love you Raheem" and "Girl Come Do me" ... He didnt really "quit" the game and go music full time until after the acquittal.. They should be moving to Ohio soon as Divine should be going on trail
‘90 homie