Official WONDER WOMAN Thread

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
in less then 5 years from now Captain Marvel/Carol Danvers is mostly likely going to leave wonder women in the dust in the main stream popularity wise:pachaha:

:notithes:

Carol Danvers can't even outsell her own contemporaries at Marvel, and you're trying to put her up against (what ought to be) the most iconic female hero of all time?

Boy if you don't get

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
Guardians 2 opened that high because the first one was good and the MCU is up there with Star Wars

Being an icon =/= popularity

Justice League will open under 100M if Wonder Woman flops critically :pachaha:

I think this opens around 80M doe. Which isn't that bad when you consider how toxic the DC brand is right now

BvS opened up to 400mil+ WW opening week and your dumb ass think the JUSTICE LEAGUE will open to less.

i really wish some of you nikkas are under 5 years old, cause you cant be THAT stupid

D-NICE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Nashville Tenn
Uh no. Stop dap fishing you lame :camby:

:notithes:

Carol Danvers can't even outsell her own contemporaries at Marvel, and you're trying to put her up against (what ought to be) the most iconic female hero of all time?

Boy if you don't get

:dead:

Even Marvel fans on here who I see all the time ain't co-signing that shyt.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
:dead:

Even Marvel fans on here who I see all the time ain't co-signing that shyt.

i actually think it's possible.

marvel has filled the void of superman with cap so it's feasible they can do the same with captain marvel.

not saying she will ever be more well known, but i wouldn't be surprised if her movie grossed more than wonder woman.

which would further highlight warner bros failure.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Gotham City Sirens will probably be the only billion dollar female CBM especially if they cast well known actors as Selina and Ivy

Cap Marvel ain't doing that

D-NICE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Nashville Tenn
i actually think it's possible.

marvel has filled the void of superman with cap so it's feasible they can do the same with captain marvel.

not saying she will ever be more well known, but i wouldn't be surprised if her movie grossed more than wonder woman.

which would further highlight warner bros failure.

I doubt that happens. Even with all the complaints about BvS, WW was pretty much praised for the little bit she was in it. And what's your metric for this movie or WB being successful? Cause right now if it does better, then that's what it was supposed to do and they aren't really having success.

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
I don't care if this movie's budget was 10mil or 100 mil, anything less than 100 mil opening weekend has to be considered a disappointment, I won't say the word flop because it clearly isn't a flop even if it stays at the 65 mil zone. But I would say in 2017, where trash movies like transformers bank 100 mil easily, a Superhero movie in 2017 with one of the most recognizable faces ever shouldn't be struggling to get 100mil.

I don't understand why people are comparing this to Hulk's opening weekend, hulk came out 10 years ago. And yes Hulks opening weekend has to be considered a flop or disappointment considering iron man came out the same year and made double and in my opinion Hulk is more popular than Iron Man.

Also Captain America's first flick was a horrible opening weekend at 65 mil. it came out in 2011, well into phase 1 of Marvel, also made damn near half of iron man. And it was one of the worst Marvel movies.

Just checking back to see Ant man's opening weekend, damn I did not realize it did less than 70 mil. How is that not considered a flop? It had a 130 Mil budget and only did 500 Mil worldwide, but let a marvel stan tell you that it was a huge success but Suicide Squad did double opening weekend and was only 40 mil more budget than ant man and it grossed 750 mil world wide.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But if the studio is tracking $65M then they're low balling and more than likely will make more than that. All studios lower their expectations publicly on what they predict how much the film is going to debut. Batman Begins came out with JUST $48M in its 1st weekend. And this was BATMAN we're talking about. So, $65M means little and it more than a sign that's the lowest the studio expects it will debut. Either way $65 million is not a flop.

Most of you are so accustomed to these extraordinary 1st weekend debuts that you assume anything under $100M is an automatic flop. The reality is most summer films on its 1st weekend debut ranges between $55-75M and that's considered satisfactory.

Lastly, and this is where people get it CONFUSED... it is never how much it debuts in its 1st weekend, that's only telling part of the story... mostly how well it was hyped up, advertised and how much interests people initially wanted to see the film. The REAL QUESTION is will this film have LEGS or will get it swallowed up by the other upcoming blockbusters. WBs are banking on woman and girls to flock to see this in a larger than average number, which is very possible. This is an unique film as it is the 1st FEMALE superhero movie on the big screen so it is a plus AS WELL a huge risk. The risk factor is precisely why those studio executives lowballed to $65M. The 1st is the usual sexism factor, because action films in GENERAL that have female leads typically do not sell well. In fact, LUCY was one of the rare FEW female led action films that was considered a HIT and that debuted around $43M in its 1st weekend. The 2nd risk is, despite it supposedly being an iconic character, Wonder Woman in 2017 is not that HUGE of a brand name. Unless you read the comics, or a big DC animated Justice League fan (to which there's not really any animated solo films exclusively about her), the general AUDIENCE really do not know much of Diana Prince. You have to go as far back as the SEVENTIES to see Wonder Woman as a POP icon. That's FORTY YEARS AGO! So, there's that hurdle. It's different from Superman or Batman to which we are reminded endlessly of their backstories and so forth. It's easy to get with Marvel because it's the dominated brand to which all you have to say it's from Marvel and people are on board. With DC still finding it's footing, two commercially successful but critically bashed films, and leading off a superhero film starring a woman.... I can understand WB being apprehensive. But with all that said, $65M isn't viewed as a flop. That's a typical number for any summer film.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
the only morons saying the word "flop" are the DC dikkriders trying to accuse "haters" of calling it a "flop."

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
But if the studio is tracking $65M then they're low balling and more than likely will make more than that. All studios lower their expectations publicly on what they predict how much the film is going to debut. Batman Begins came out with JUST $48M in its 1st weekend. And this was BATMAN we're talking about. So, $65M means little and it more than a sign that's the lowest the studio expects it will debut. Either way $65 million is not a flop.

Most of you are so accustomed to these extraordinary 1st weekend debuts that you assume anything under $100M is an automatic flop. The reality is most summer films on its 1st weekend debut ranges between $55-75M and that's considered satisfactory.

Lastly, and this is where people get it CONFUSED... it is never how much it debuts in its 1st weekend, that's only telling part of the story... mostly how well it was hyped up, advertised and how much interests people initially wanted to see the film. The REAL QUESTION is will this film have LEGS or will get it swallowed up by the other upcoming blockbusters. WBs are banking on woman and girls to flock to see this in a larger than average number, which is very possible. This is an unique film as it is the 1st FEMALE superhero movie on the big screen so it is a plus AS WELL a huge risk. The risk factor is precisely why those studio executives lowballed to $65M. The 1st is the usual sexism factor, because action films in GENERAL that have female leads typically do not sell well. In fact, LUCY was one of the rare FEW female led action films that was considered a HIT and that debuted around $43M in its 1st weekend. The 2nd risk is, despite it supposedly being an iconic character, Wonder Woman in 2017 is not that HUGE of a brand name. Unless you read the comics, or a big DC animated Justice League fan (to which there's not really any animated solo films exclusively about her), the general AUDIENCE really do not know much of Diana Prince. You have to go as far back as the SEVENTIES to see Wonder Woman as a POP icon. That's FORTY YEARS AGO! So, there's that hurdle. It's different from Superman or Batman to which we are reminded endlessly of their backstories and so forth. It's easy to get with Marvel because it's the dominated brand to which all you have to say it's from Marvel and people are on board. With DC still finding it's footing, two commercially successful but critically bashed films, and leading off a superhero film starring a woman.... I can understand WB being apprehensive. But with all that said, $65M isn't viewed as a flop. That's a typical number for any summer film.
Also Gal Gadot isn't a star or well known either.