Official WONDER WOMAN Thread

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I don't care if this movie's budget was 10mil or 100 mil, anything less than 100 mil opening weekend has to be considered a disappointment, I won't say the word flop because it clearly isn't a flop even if it stays at the 65 mil zone. But I would say in 2017, where trash movies like transformers bank 100 mil easily, a Superhero movie in 2017 with one of the most recognizable faces ever shouldn't be struggling to get 100mil.

I don't understand why people are comparing this to Hulk's opening weekend, hulk came out 10 years ago. And yes Hulks opening weekend has to be considered a flop or disappointment considering iron man came out the same year and made double and in my opinion Hulk is more popular than Iron Man.

Also Captain America's first flick was a horrible opening weekend at 65 mil. it came out in 2011, well into phase 1 of Marvel, also made damn near half of iron man. And it was one of the worst Marvel movies.

Just checking back to see Ant man's opening weekend, damn I did not realize it did less than 70 mil. How is that not considered a flop? It had a 130 Mil budget and only did 500 Mil worldwide, but let a marvel stan tell you that it was a huge success but Suicide Squad did double opening weekend and was only 40 mil more budget than ant man and it grossed 750 mil world wide.
Apparently the new transformers is tracking for like a 70 million opening weekend.

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I can't wait to see how feminists try to spin this if it underperfoms financially or if demos show 65%+ men:lolbron:

Studios will see the "women want female led heroes" thing as complete bullshyt and will never touch them again :pachaha:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
And I wouldn't say wonder woman is destined to make more than captain marvel at all.

You'd think at this point people would realize that how big or small a comic property is doesn't mean all that much when it comes to a film box office.

Some properties just translate better to film than others.

People know the name wonder woman. That doesn't mean people everywhere want to see her movie just because they know her name.

I tried explaining that about superman but people don't want to listen.

Superman returns was starring the type of superman certain people claim they want,had a lex people claim they want and had great reviews. Yet it Completely flopped. Because that character doesn't resonate with modern audiences despite how iconic he is.

Man of steel had an uphill battle the entire time because of how lame people saw the character.

Look at wolverine as well. There's not much bigger names than him in comics AND people love Hugh in the role and yet a property like guardians made more on its first try than wolvie has in 3.

It doesn't mean wolverine flopped or under performed. Fox is probably happy as fukk with logans numbers.

Wonder woman as a film looks like a paint by numbers origin film and frankly,there is a section of audiences that have fatigue with that type of film.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I can't wait to see how feminists try to spin this if it underperfoms financially or if demos show 65%+ men:lolbron:

Studios will see the "women want female led heroes" thing as complete bullshyt and will never touch them again :pachaha:
For every feminist that's gonna see it,there's going to be some guy that won't see it because it's a woman:manny:

And there's gonna be a lot of woman that simply won't give a fukk because just because it's a female hero doesn't mean they HAVE to see it.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If this past election has taught us anything, it's that's white women aint really about shyt when it's crunch time.

Nope. When the dust settled White liberal feminists were looking back at their sisters like :why:

and those women hit them back with the
anigif_sub-buzz-25972-1479741401-2.gif

White women as a collective are not going to turn their back on their men and white privilege at the end of the day.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I could never imagine being such a bitter delusional fakkit and seeing Raw numbers and then disputing how successful or unsuccessful they are based on which studio released it and nothing more.

Can anyone point to a DC property that wasn't a big success? That's what I don't get with this shyt posting. Even Batman vs. Superman made big money for them. It could have made a little more but who cares?

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
People know the name wonder woman. That doesn't mean people everywhere want to see her movie just because they know her name.

If Wonder Woman has an underwhelming turnout in comparison to other superhero franchises it would be for one of two reasons.

Either:

A) Not enough people care about seeing Wonder Woman.

B) Warner Bros failed to get people excited about seeing Wonder Woman.

And considering what you said later in that very post...

Wonder woman as a film looks like a paint by numbers origin film and frankly,there is a section of audiences that have fatigue with that type of film.

I imagine you know what the answer really is.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Can anyone point to a DC property that wasn't a big success? That's what I don't get with this shyt posting. Even Batman vs. Superman made big money for them. It could have made a little more but who cares?

Catwoman, Jonah Hex, The Losers. Probably could add Watchman to that list:ld:

V for Vendetta knocked it out the park though:blessed:

But I agree who cares, Constantine wasnt a world breaker but that was a solid movie

Martha

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
:gucci: I never read a Jonah Hex or Losers comic ever, that ain't got shyt to do with the main universe :russ:

You asked "Can anyone point to a DC property that wasn't a big success?" I was just answering THAT question Sir.:hubie:

Didnt see nothing about a universe.:patrice:

Martha

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
wonder woman is one of the most valuable superhero IP's there is, point blank period. in fact i'm 99% sure disney would give up the rights to license out GOTG if it meant acquiring wonder woman.

but she's an unproven commodity :mjgrin:
Imagine if marvel made a supes and ww movie billy easily :banderas: