Official WONDER WOMAN Thread

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Yea agreed..... to get that billy you gotta do MONSTER numbers over seas.

I mean thats the ONLY reason Avatar holds that record, its domestic was way less than SW:TFU. Same for Titanic

Martha

That's why you and others trying to paint BvS as a flop was ridiculous, it did nearly $900M in total box office. It could have been bigger but it was a very divisive (and LONG) movie. But it was nowhere near a flop, it was a big success.

Even though it's Batman and Superman it was a new Batman coming fresh on the heels of an iconic Nolan trilogy. There was some fatigue at play as well. If the movie wasn't so divisive then maybe it could have gotten up to around $1.1 billion but that would be the absolute peak number for a new Batman and A superman where a lot of Donner supporters still can't let go of the previous era

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
That's why you and others trying to paint BvS as a flop was ridiculous, it did nearly $900M in total box office. It could have been bigger but it was a very divisive (and LONG) movie. But it was nowhere near a flop, it was a big success.

Even though it's Batman and Superman it was a new Batman coming fresh on the heels of an iconic Nolan trilogy. There was some fatigue at play as well. If the movie wasn't so divisive then maybe it could have gotten up to around $1.1 billion but that would be the absolute peak number for a new Batman and A superman where a lot of Donner supporters still can't let go of the previous era

I dont quite remember where I said it was a flop... hmmm.... I may have to go review my transactions and see if I can find some receipts:patrice:

Maybe I will do that later on after I finish binging this Constantine series, on ep 5 of 13 right now:francis:

Martha

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps

:mjlol:

When they announced the Batman/Superman movie it broke the internet was a bigger news story than anything Marvel has ever done and the hype train was in full force 3 years before the movie even saw the light of day. Not a shock that the hype died down the closer we got to release and as more footage started to be revealed.

But to say there was no chance of this ever doing silly numbers is stupid as fukk because with maybe the exception of TPM and TFA that was the most batshyt crazy hype wave for a movie we have ever seen. And it had it delivered it could have easily done avengers numbers if not better. First ever batman/superman team up...first ever appearance of Wonder Woman on the big screen.. I mean wtf how did this not make a billion in this climate.

I'll tell you why, because it looked fukking awful and because it WAS fukking awful. RECORD drop offs. Made LESS in the states than Deadpool!!!!

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i mean, stop getting so damn defensive and thinking people are saying they flop. they don't "flop," they disappoint.

"Oh how do you know what da studio wants from da movie?!" it's blatantly obvious. you don't need insider info to figure that out.

BvS not being one of the hugest movies ever made is like the Warriors getting swept in the first round. That shyt left hundreds of millions of dollars on the table. It's #51 all time worldwide box office. I guarantee when WB greenlit Batman vs. Superman, arguably the 2 most famous comic characters (not even arguable actually) in the heat of the superhero renaissance AFTER a wildly successful Batman trilogy a few years earlier, they had their hopes set on something better than #51 all time.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
But hey, i didn't want to see an awesome Batman and Superman movie b/c I love the Ironman series. Damn Disney shill critics tanked that masterpiece of a movie...

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
:mjlol:

When they announced the Batman/Superman movie it broke the internet was a bigger news story than anything Marvel has ever done and the hype train was in full force 3 years before the movie even saw the light of day. Not a shock that the hype died down the closer we got to release and as more footage started to be revealed.

But to say there was no chance of this ever doing silly numbers is stupid as fukk because with maybe the exception of TPM and TFA that was the most batshyt crazy hype wave for a movie we have ever seen. And it had it delivered it could have easily done avengers numbers if not better. First ever batman/superman team up...first ever appearance of Wonder Woman on the big screen.. I mean wtf how did this not make a billion in this climate.

I'll tell you why, because it looked fukking awful and because it WAS fukking awful. RECORD drop offs. Made LESS in the states than Deadpool!!!!

Yea.... anybody that tells you now they didnt think it was gonna blow past a billy is a GOTDAMN liar.

I mean even I thought that shyt was gonna be at worst the 3rd on the All Time Worldwide box office records. I if you wouldve told me it wouldnt even crack the top 50.

Even me the so called "Marvel Stan" wouldve smacked the shyt out of a dude for being so "dense" and idiotic.

Like I get the Star Wars fans.... but I still dont see how there are more Star Wars fans then the combined Superman, Batman, and Wonderwoman fans to not come out in droves and put that over the edge

Martha

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
GOTG2 isn't even going to make a billion and that's had more marketing and money thrown behind it than anything :manny:
Marvel's paper don't count it. :ufdup:
Did this nicca just say GotG has gotten more promotion than BvS?! And it's Guardians of the Galaxy not characters that have been Americana for like nearly a century. :hhh:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Marvel's paper don't count it. :ufdup:
Did this nicca just say GotG has gotten more promotion than BvS?! And it's Guardians of the Galaxy not characters that have been Americana for like nearly a century. :hhh:
can we PLEASE get some new dc stans in here. :russell:

the arguments made by these current ones arent even really worth addressing at this point. when they get to changing their argument in literally five posts and arguing that antman is on the same level as WW / GOTG is the same as BvS, i think all logical conversation has ceased

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Like I get the Star Wars fans.... but I still dont see how there are more Star Wars fans then the combined Superman, Batman, and Wonderwoman fans to not come out in droves and put that over the edge

Martha
You overestimated the interest in these characters to a degree. Star Wars has built a timeless lore and universe. That will always outweigh Superman/Batman. BvS jumped the shark, it should've went down several movies in with at least one Batman movie in. Still had tons of hype still opened huge. Just couldn't get that love and that's where the filmmakers are at fault. Movie was way too serious and the fun was sucked out of it. Marvel has been able to do what Star Wars has, so good for them. DC will probably always be second tier but that's how's the cookie crumbles. I actually don't even think many of the marvel movies are great, I'm only a big fan of 2 or three of em. I just wanna see good movies, WW doesn't interest me much, JL looks shaky but DC has a chance this year to play catch up with fans rather than Marvel.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
You overestimated the interest in these characters to a degree. Star Wars has built a timeless lore and universe. That will always outweigh Superman/Batman. BvS jumped the shark, it should've went down several movies in with at least one Batman movie in. Still had tons of hype still opened huge. Just couldn't get that love and that's where the filmmakers are at fault. Movie was way too serious and the fun was sucked out of it. Marvel has been able to do what Star Wars has, so good for them. DC will probably always be second tier but that's how's the cookie crumbles. I actually don't even think many of the marvel movies are great, I'm only a big fan of 2 or three of em. I just wanna see good movies, WW doesn't interest me much, JL looks shaky but DC has a chance this year to play catch up with fans rather than Marvel.

True to a degree but not really.... Star Wars been around since what 77?

Superman, Batman, and Wonderwoman been around since like the the 30's. They had more time for timeless lore and much bigger universe, They been around consistently 7-8 decades spanning MANY generations. No way in hell Luke, Han, Leia, and Vader should be getting more love than Superman, Batman, Wonderwoman, and Lex fukking Luther.

Like over the years STW main stream would pop in and out but the Main DC icons kinda been more steady

Martha

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Yea agreed..... to get that billy you gotta do MONSTER numbers over seas.

I mean thats the ONLY reason Avatar holds that record, its domestic was way less than SW:TFU. Same for Titanic

Martha
But up until TFA, Avatar held the top grossing domestic numbers. And Titanic came out in 97, those dollars far exceed TFA of 2016.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
True to a degree but not really.... Star Wars been around since what 77?

Superman, Batman, and Wonderwoman been around since like the the 30's. They had more time for timeless lore and much bigger universe, They been around consistently 7-8 decades spanning MANY generations. No way in hell Luke, Han, Leia, and Vader should be getting more love than Superman, Batman, Wonderwoman, and Lex fukking Luther.

Martha
But they do. Star Wars is bigger than everything regardless. George Lucas did it, he deserves that credit. Don't matter how long it's been around. Just the way it goes.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
But they do. Star Wars is bigger than everything regardless. George Lucas did it, he deserves that credit. Don't matter how long it's been around. Just the way it goes.

I mean, you're not lying.... I just dont get it or understand how that happened.

I mean as a kid growing up in the 80's, I fukked LOVED Star Wars like anyone else. But if back then say there was Memorial Weekend Marathon showing of Star Wars on one channel and fukking Superman on another followed by Batman one and 2?

I'm watching Superman and Batman EASY

Marha