Official WONDER WOMAN Thread

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
They probably spent 1.3 billion on marketing in fairness.

Film needs to make 3.3 billion to break even I heard.

WW is an icon, if the Republican government doesn't seriously reconsider it's stance on equal pay because of this flick it's a flop.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
This is DC/WB, brehs. We should all be worried about the actual quality of the movie before we even bother to give a shyt about its box office. :russ:
based on her acting (or lackthereof) in BvS, i think its pretty much up to the laughs from pine (which im sure will be a okay for the hypocritical DC stan brigade) to save the day

knew someone would ask this stupid question. naturally it's your dumbass. do you have stock in DC? I'm lost. 3 of those movies are a 5-decade old first of all. No one even knew who the hell Antman was... if Wonder Woman - a huge budget blockbuster comic movie - can't ride the wave of the MCU/Batman/XMen movies that came before her, and only opens to Antman numbers, that would be a massive disappointment. The studio isn't looking for Antman numbers for someone as iconic as Wonder Woman.
:mjlol: thats why i got that idiot on ignore.

no point in wasting brain power or bandwidth with someone equating the status of antman to wonderwoman :dead:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
you said wonder woman can't do big numbers, that's not a baseless claim?
I said people expecting a wonder woman film to do batman numbers when it's an unknown quantity are wrong.

There has never been a wonder woman film,so EXPECTING it to do the same numbers as one of the biggest comic properties ever in film is wrong.

Never once said it can't. Anything can.

But saying it SHOULD be competing with the top is false. There is no evidence to suggest the properties power at the box office.

That's like me saying captain marvel should make 2 billion. Based on nothing.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
I said people expecting a wonder woman film to do batman numbers when it's an unknown quantity are wrong.

There has never been a wonder woman film,so EXPECTING it to do the same numbers as one of the biggest comic properties ever in film is wrong.

Never once said it can't. Anything can.

But saying it SHOULD be competing with the top is false. There is no evidence to suggest the properties power at the box office.

okay well guardians 2 just did 150 mil opening weekend.

would i be a fool if i expected the first ever wonder woman movie to compete with guardians of the galaxy? is that more fair?

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family

would i be a fool if i expected the first ever wonder woman movie to compete with guardians of the galaxy? is that more fair?
Guardians of the galaxy has nothing to do with wonder woman.

Why don't you compare it to ant man? Oh. Because gotg made more that's why you want to compare them.

It shouldn't be compared to anything except other female superhero films.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
based on her acting (or lackthereof) in BvS, i think its pretty much up to the laughs from pine (which im sure will be a okay for the hypocritical DC stan brigade) to save the day

:mjlol: thats why i got that idiot on ignore.

no point in wasting brain power or bandwidth with someone equating the status of antman to wonderwoman :dead:
I personally love that Ant-Man/Thor/Cap/Guardians are getting compared to the likes of Supes/Bats/WW/JL. :krs:

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
How on earth would a 65 million opening be a flop? :gucci:

It's like there's different sets of rules for different studios for some of you.

A 65 opening would put it's opening above

Thor
Hulk
Captain America
Ant man

And doing so with a budget smaller than all of those.

And 65 is the lowest tracking. Other places have it at 100 million.

But yall can't help but show your stanning and only post the lowest one. :mjlol:

dont worry brehh they dont hear you :mjlol:

itll open more than all those properties but let these mouse stans say its a flop.

oh i forgot.. DC/WB actually had to discover the ancient city of Themyscira, hence the actual native amazon women within that harsh environment made them pay a tax, which means Wonder Woman needs to do exactly $2.583 billion DOMESTICALLY and $9.876.098 trillion worldwide to break even

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
This movie will make 100M+ OW

I'll bet my account on it

You really think this movie will make 65M OW?

:mjlol: sure

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
:whoa: TFR needs you bro don't do that.

I actually got a cheat sheet, I know inside tracking guys for movies :lolbron:

The pre-sales are outpacing the tracking numbers, the movie has sold 222k pre-sale tickets since they went on sale last week. The number will get updated this weekend, i'll post it here.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
GTFO do we srsly have to explain how a 65 million opening for wonder woman would be a flop :camby:
So when captain America 1 made less was that a flop?

Let me guess..it isn't because of "reasons."

So yes. Explain to me how a film with a 100 million budget opening to 65 million is a flop and a movie with a 140 million budget making less was not a flop.

How about ant man also opening less with a bigger budget? Not a flop as well right?

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali

Guardians 2 opened that high because the first one was good and the MCU is up there with Star Wars

Being an icon =/= popularity

Justice League will open under 100M if Wonder Woman flops critically :pachaha:

I think this opens around 80M doe. Which isn't that bad when you consider how toxic the DC brand is right now