Official WONDER WOMAN Thread

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Well, obviously world wide gross is all that matters but that's not a very strong opening here in the states. I think you predicted this would be the lowest grossing DC film, doesn't mean it's a flop but according to some people on this forum this movie was gonna be HUGE, dudes saying over 300+, but that's looking impossible.
Well what we say on a forum isn't really important.

I don't think this movie however good it is or isn't was ever going to light the world on fire.

None of us actually know what wb's expectations are.

But if the budget is really only $100 million then says enough about how strongly they felt.

Wonder woman as a film property is a complete unknown.

Anybody saying this film should be making batman numbers is delusional or has an agenda.

The only reason this clown @Conz came running in the thread because he wants that to be bad news. If it was tracking for $150 million he would say nothing.

If the budget is $250 million yeah a $65 million opening would be a disaster.

And if opens with $20 million that's a disaster too.

But let's say it makes $400 million worldwide and the budget is $100. That's not a flop. :manny:

Anybody trying to claim expectations on this is full of shyt.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
have avoided this thread for awhile cause i'm just waiting for the movie, came in to see what people talking about, and it's box office...people saying the movie needs to do some enormous amount to be 'successful' lol.....i'll give my take it on this once:

here's the deal: this movie needs to make more than $53 mil opening weekend, and $219 mil ww in its run.....why those numbers you say?...those are the numbers that the green lantern movie did....which is important cause that's the only WB dc branded solo character movie that has been made without batman/superman/joker being the lead....and we see how that movie gets treated by the studio....and even though WW is part of the dc trinity, there is no evidence/proof of her being a box office draw since they've never done anything with her....so not only is this big for her, it's big for other DC characters not named batman/superman/joker....if this movie does well (talking around $500 mil+ ww; yea, that might seem low to the 'experts' on here, but that's a good landing point), that means WB might take more chances on characters not named batman/superman/joker.....if not, we might see them say fukk it, shut down the extended universe, and only stick to those 3 characters....

....with that said, i'll be getting my tix for opening night soon...

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Well what we say on a forum isn't really important.

I don't think this movie however good it is or isn't was ever going to light the world on fire.

None of us actually know what wb's expectations are.

But if the budget is really only $100 million then says enough about how strongly they felt.

Wonder woman as a film property is a complete unknown.

Anybody saying this film should be making batman numbers is delusional or has an agenda.

The only reason this clown @Conz came running in the thread because he wants that to be bad news. If it was tracking for $150 million he would say nothing.

If the budget is $250 million yeah a $65 million opening would be a disaster.

And if opens with $20 million that's a disaster too.

But let's say it makes $400 million worldwide and the budget is $100. That's not a flop. :manny:

Anybody trying to claim expectations on this is full of shyt.
It should be able to do 400+ ww, which would not be a flop. And that's on part with Ant Man, Thor, first avenger didn't even hit 400 on a 140 budget.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
never seen a dude get so goddamn butthurt over something like a movie studio. not sure i've ever even seen fakkitry at PS's level for a sports team.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
I didn't realize the budget for this movie was that low. Surprising.

Are WW comics selling like that? I'm sure the movie will make bank but I don't expect anything record shattering.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I didn't realize the budget for this movie was that low. Surprising.

Are WW comics selling like that? I'm sure the movie will make bank but I don't expect anything record shattering.
They probably spent 1.3 billion on marketing in fairness.

Film needs to make 3.3 billion to break even I heard.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
actually i was just refuting your claim that wonder woman couldn't do big business but proceed with the trolling.
You aren't refuting anything. You made a baseless claim that can never be proven one way or another.

It's a pointless conversation other than you wanting to stan.

Maybe Disney should have poured that magic into John carter since their apparently some infallible company.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
You aren't refuting anything. You made a baseless claim that can never be proven one way or another.

It's a pointless conversation other than you wanting to stan.

Maybe Disney should have poured that magic into John carter since their apparently some infallible company.

you said wonder woman can't do big numbers, that's not a baseless claim?