Official WONDER WOMAN Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
So you say it is impossible what Batman does, but you can't understand that logically no one can truly do what he does?:jbhmm:

How about you miss me with your ridiculously increasing double standards for suspense of disbelief!:camby:

How about you miss me with trying to use slang like you have any clue what it means.

If you really think a cat Clint Eastwood's age should play batman I'm glad you're not in casting

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Not once did they hint at wanting to know who he is as far as a day job. Only that he have a leash for helping people and be held accountable in case shyt goes wrong. The Africa incident was what caused them to have that hearing. In Man of Steel the Col said to his face straight up he isn't their enemy. Not once was him having a secret identity alluded to by the army. They wanted him as Kal El to turn himself in completely bypassing his Clark Kent persona. He was asked at the end by The General does he have the U.S. best interest of heart after he smashed the satellite. The satellite was being used to track his movements.
It was a drone not a satellite.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
*looks for complaints by same people about brie Larson as captain marvel*

*finds none*

*is not surprised*
They really going with that chick?

Here's the main issue with complaining about her look or any female casting simply on the basis of their bodies: it's stupid.

I had this discussion with my homie the other day about Ben as batman. Now as much as I love this dude and he's basically my brother, he's not that bright when it comes to the word "adaptation" To him, Ben was too young to play batman in batman v superman because he couldn't wrap his head around the idea that they weren't doing a straight translation of the dark knight returns. And even with that said, you'd have to cast a guy around Clint Eastwood's age and a guy that age more than likely can't do the physical stuff required to be batman in a major motion picture.

Comic book characters, especially women, aren't always drawn to be realistic. Pick up a book from the 90s and tell me on average how many women look like that. So the idea that Wonder Woman needs to match a certain male fantasy just isn't in the cards. Whether it's bigger breasts or a bigger ass or a smaller waist.

Now for the cats saying she should be a ms universe type, you're forgetting that she does have an alter ego and still needs to walk around as Diana Prince without drawing attention to herself or looking like she can kick your ass. So if she's running the streets looking like Arnold Jr. then that goes out of the door. Also you want someone who has at least some acting experience. Asking for someone with no experience to play the part all because they look the part is the same as saying triple H should be Thor because he looks like he does and had long blonde hair
Not sure if serious or not :leostare:

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
yooooooooooooooooo

are you mahv-L jaaaaagoffs really arguing about the validity of bahman and supes normal disguises? for real bray?

Chef

All Star
Daps
I really don't care if the actor is a splitting image of the character. Brandon Routh was a good looking Superman but I don't remember much about his performance. :ld:Tom Holland isn't ripped like an Olympic gymnast but he won me over in Civil War. I'm watching a piece of fiction, I can suspend my disbelief for 2 hours if the actor isn't a carbon copy of the character they're playing. Most women in comic book characters are drawn like Instagram thots anyway. Just nail the role and I'm happy:yeshrug:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
How about you miss me with trying to use slang like you have any clue what it means.

If you really think a cat Clint Eastwood's age should play batman I'm glad you're not in casting
How about you just stop catching feelings and develop some reading comprehension skills. I don't think an old guy like Eastwood should play Batman, I'm arguing that an old actor as Batman could've worked just as well as a younger actor and there wouldn't be any limitations in making it work.

Except maybe include a scene where Batman complains this running around and jumping across rooftops ain't as easy as it was in the old days to appease for guys like you who apparently need a bit of extra help with their suspension of disbelief.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
How about you just stop catching feelings and develop some reading comprehension skills. I don't think an old guy like Eastwood should play Batman, I'm arguing that an old actor as Batman could've worked just as well as a younger actor and there wouldn't be any limitations in making it work.

Except maybe include a scene where Batman complains this running around and jumping across rooftops ain't as easy as it was in the old days to appease for guys like you who apparently need a bit of extra help with their suspension of disbelief.
I'm not catching feelings breh it's just funny when you do that

And like I said nah. There are limitations as far as me as an audience member believing that shyt. It's one thing for me to read it. It's another thing when I'm basically watching them make a batman into the 1985 version of roger Moore where he clearly can't do the shyt he's doing and it leans on just being ridiculous.