Official WONDER WOMAN Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Here's the main issue with complaining about her look or any female casting simply on the basis of their bodies: it's stupid.

I had this discussion with my homie the other day about Ben as batman. Now as much as I love this dude and he's basically my brother, he's not that bright when it comes to the word "adaptation" To him, Ben was too young to play batman in batman v superman because he couldn't wrap his head around the idea that they weren't doing a straight translation of the dark knight returns. And even with that said, you'd have to cast a guy around Clint Eastwood's age and a guy that age more than likely can't do the physical stuff required to be batman in a major motion picture.

Comic book characters, especially women, aren't always drawn to be realistic. Pick up a book from the 90s and tell me on average how many women look like that. So the idea that Wonder Woman needs to match a certain male fantasy just isn't in the cards. Whether it's bigger breasts or a bigger ass or a smaller waist.

Now for the cats saying she should be a ms universe type, you're forgetting that she does have an alter ego and still needs to walk around as Diana Prince without drawing attention to herself or looking like she can kick your ass. So if she's running the streets looking like Arnold Jr. then that goes out of the door. Also you want someone who has at least some acting experience. Asking for someone with no experience to play the part all because they look the part is the same as saying triple H should be Thor because he looks like he does and had long blonde hair

Last edited:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Here's the main issue with complaining about her look or any female casting simply on the basis of their bodies: it's stupid.

I had this discussion with my homie the other day about Ben as batman. Now as much as I love this dude and he's basically my brother, he's not that bright when it comes to the word "adaptation" To him, Ben was too young to play batman in batman v superman because he couldn't wrap his head around the idea that they weren't doing a straight translation of the dark knight returns. And even with that said, you'd have to cast a guy around Clint Eastwood's age and a guy that age more than likely can't do the physical stuff required to be batman in a major motion picture.

Comic book characters, especially women, aren't always drawn to be realistic. Pick up a book from the 90s and tell me on average how many women look like that. So the idea that Wonder Woman needs to match a certain male fantasy just isn't in the cards. Whether it's bigger breasts or a bigger ass or a smaller waist.

Now for the cats saying she should be a ms universe type, you're forgetting that she does have an alter ego and still needs to walk around as Diana Prince without drawing attention to herself or looking like she can kick your ass. So if she's running the streets looking like Arnold Jr. then that goes out of the door. Also you want someone who has at least some acting experience. Asking for someone with no experience to play the part all because they look the part is the same as saying triple H should be Thor because he looks like he does and had long blonde hair
She's a fictional character :russ:Gal Gadot is fine and bodied that trailer :ehh:

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.

Breh we just had a nikka post a midget built like a mini swole nikka as to what WW should look like. You can't make this shyt up :mjlol:

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
This is the body type I imagine Wonder Woman would have in real life (muscle tone, face, complexion). Don't know how tall she is tho.

13388567_1731812720430088_981420360_n_jpgig_cach.jpg

13534339_1787656988120132_1371268067_n_jpgig_cac.jpg

13671796_191453624590988_1770552549_n_jpgig_cach.jpg

13413464_1250528401654124_1300256580_n_jpgig_cac.jpg

Only thing I'll give Gal Gadot a pass on is she was in the Israeli military, so for as thin as she is, she probably knows hundreds of ways to kill you. :whoa:

:stopitslime: thats too much muscle for wonder woman. wonder woman just needs to be tone not looking like chyna

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
a viewer and paying customer who is NOT ENTITLED, we are viewers not shareholders so shut your stan ass up and go kiss a train fakkit

Not entitled, but as a paying customer, he has a right to criticize anything he wants about the movie.

Not sure why you're exposing your vagina right now. Gal Gadot won't see your post or give you p*ssy for it.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

Broken logic is broken. Old man Eastwood wouldn't have to jump over tables and dropkick guys in the face because you've got stunt men for that. That's how movies work, breh, because it's all fake. Same for the alter ego logic. We are closing in on a century of stories operating on the logic that people can't see that Clark Kent is Superman while spending time with both alter ego's daily, you know why? Because it's fiction so it doesn't necessarily have to operate on logic sensible to the real world as long as it's consistent with the logic established in the fictional world. The fictional world where writers also pretend a man dressed up as a bat can go toe-to-toe with a man strong enough to punch his head off twice before bat-cosplay guy could even take a breath.

And I'm not saying studios have to be doing straight adaptations, but the fact remains that the argument 'it wouldn't work in a movie' is bullshyt. If something has been able to work for decades in a one form of media, it can work just as easy in another. To even pretend for a second that there are some kind of limitations in place there honestly says more about the limits of your imagination.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Broken logic is broken. Old man Eastwood wouldn't have to jump over tables and dropkick guys in the face because you've got stunt men for that. That's how movies work, breh, because it's all fake. Same for the alter ego logic. We are closing in on a century of stories operating on the logic that people can't see that Clark Kent is Superman while spending time with both alter ego's daily, you know why? Because it's fiction so it doesn't necessarily have to operate on logic sensible to the real world as long as it's consistent with the logic established in the fictional world. The fictional world where writers also pretend a man dressed up as a bat can go toe-to-toe with a man strong enough to punch his head off twice before bat-cosplay guy could even take a breath.

And I'm not saying studios have to be doing straight adaptations, but the fact remains that the argument 'it wouldn't work in a movie' is bullshyt. If something has been able to work for decades in a one form of media, it can work just as easy in another. To even pretend for a second that there are some kind of limitations in place there honestly says more about the limits of your imagination.

Breh an old ass man playing batman wouldn't work. Not in a live action form where people can successfully suspend disbelief. There are limitations in what a human being can do and there's no way around that. Which is why we have CG to augment some shyt. As acrobatic as tom holland is, he can't leap between New York City buildings and land safely

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Breh an old ass man playing batman wouldn't work. Not in a live action form where people can successfully suspend disbelief. There are limitations in what a human being can do and there's no way around that. Which is why we have CG to augment some shyt. As acrobatic as tom holland is, he can't leap between New York City buildings and land safely

So what you're saying is that movies have to artificially make it seem as if Tom Holland can leap between buildings, but movies can't artificially make it seem as if an old man can do the same? What kind of non-sanctioned buffoonery is this?:why:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
If DC is still rolling with glasses count as an adequate disguise they really can do ANYTHING after that.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
So what you're saying is that movies have to artificially make it seem as if Tom Holland can leap between buildings, but movies can't artificially make it seem as if an old man can do the same? What kind of non-sanctioned buffoonery is this?:why:

Fam Clint ain't no damn Batman and way too old plus he doesn't give a shyt about this genre anyway. What are you even arguing? There's no 6'6+ athletic woman with an accent that can act on top of it:dwillhuh: