Official WONDER WOMAN Thread

Spyro

Banned
Daps
All poorly made films but still better than BVS.

Batman and Robin is legitimately funny and has some snappy dialogue. It's a bad good time.

Green Lantern has a likable lead and a coherent story.

Quest For Peace had no budget and is complete dogshyt but still carries an inspiring message.

BVS is a 200 million dollar c-movie.

Me and a few friends watched it the other month and we were laughing all the way through (for good and bad reasons) and it flew by really quickly.

It's a terribly made movie but like you said, it's a bad good time. :ehh:

Me and a few friend watched BVS and were bored through most of it, Superman's scenes were a yawnfest, it had no substance and was all visuals, some of the characters like Lex were so fukking bad, at least Mr Freeze was supposed to be campy and corny, Snyder actually thought Lex could have been like Ledger's Joker :mjlol: Some scenes were just random and out of place, like my friend isn't a DC stan and when that whole Flash scene happened he was legit like "The fukk's going on? They miss out a bunch of scenes or some shyt?" :dahell: It's 150 minutes of boring trash with a terrible 3rd act, Snyder is such a hack and you can tell he's such an amateur compared to your Nolan's etc etc :yeshrug:

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
i was just thinking to myself
and I know it wasnt a long scene like that...
but when WW was whoopin on them Germans with the gold rope
:banderas:

YO!! that shyt was sooooooo dope!!!!!!
giphy.gif
She was working that lasso like kratos rocks them chains

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Me and a few friends watched it the other month and we were laughing all the way through (for good and bad reasons) and it flew by really quickly.

It's a terribly made movie but like you said, it's a bad good time. :ehh:

Me and a few friend watched BVS and were bored through most of it, Superman's scenes were a yawnfest, it had no substance and was all visuals, some of the characters like Lex were so fukking bad, at least Mr Freeze was supposed to be campy and corny, Snyder actually thought Lex could have been like Ledger's Joker :mjlol: Some scenes were just random and out of place, like my friend isn't a DC stan and when that whole Flash scene happened he was legit like "The fukk's going on? They miss out a bunch of scenes or some shyt?" :dahell: It's 150 minutes of boring trash with a terrible 3rd act, Snyder is such a hack and you can tell he's such an amateur compared to your Nolan's etc etc :yeshrug:

Here's why you're bugging tho. Batman and Robin, Catwoman, Judge Dredd...these are all bad flicks that are less than competently made with no ambition or no desire to do anything but play to the cheap seats and sell toys to kids. Even if you don't fukk with batman v superman, Snyder makes choices, even if you disagree with them. He's going for something and swinging for the fukking fences with each choice made. I don't agree with everything in the movie and I have my issues with it but I don't see how you can possibly say with a straight face its the worst superhero flick ever made when I just named three joints that are easily worst because they're flat, unimaginative, have nothing bigger to say about the human condition or society, and they're done purely to move product and that's it.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
Even if you don't fukk with batman v superman, Snyder makes choices, even if you disagree with them. He's going for something and swinging for the fukking fences with each choice made. I don't agree with everything in the movie and I have my issues with it but I don't see how you can possibly say with a straight face its the worst superhero flick ever made when I just named three joints that are easily worst because they're flat, unimaginative, have nothing bigger to say about the human condition or society, and they're done purely to move product and that's it.

bvs has nothing to say either.

you don't get points because you 'tried to swing for the fences', a strike out is still a strike out. aiming so high just further emphasizes how short he fell.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
bvs has nothing to say either.

you don't get points because you 'tried to swing for the fences', a strike out is still a strike out. aiming so high just further emphasizes how short he fell.

It didn't? The nature of human beings and how we react to the other? How fragile we truly are and how conflicted we are? Do we deserve heroes and if we do, what type of heroes do we deserve? That's all there. Now whether you think it worked or not is different but the themes are pretty obvious since it's often in the dialogue. As opposed to the movies I listed which do jack shyt.

And I'm not saying it should get points just for swinging. I'm saying I'd rather have something ambitious that fails than something safe that fails. And the movies I listed were safe and boring and failed.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Here's why you're bugging tho. Batman and Robin, Catwoman, Judge Dredd...these are all bad flicks that are less than competently made with no ambition or no desire to do anything but play to the cheap seats and sell toys to kids. Even if you don't fukk with batman v superman, Snyder makes choices, even if you disagree with them. He's going for something and swinging for the fukking fences with each choice made. I don't agree with everything in the movie and I have my issues with it but I don't see how you can possibly say with a straight face its the worst superhero flick ever made when I just named three joints that are easily worst because they're flat, unimaginative, have nothing bigger to say about the human condition or society, and they're done purely to move product and that's it.
@Spyro thinks Iron fist is the best Marvel show don't bother
giphy-3_zpsn555sf57.gif

Ironman-GIF_zpszdv8iln4.gif

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
It didn't? The nature of human beings and how we react to the other? How fragile we truly are and how conflicted we are? Do we deserve heroes and if we do, what type of heroes do we deserve? That's all there. Now whether you think it worked or not is different but the themes are pretty obvious since it's often in the dialogue. As opposed to the movies I listed which do jack shyt.

And I'm not saying it should get points just for swinging. I'm saying I'd rather have something ambitious that fails than something safe that fails. And the movies I listed were safe and boring and failed

okay so in the end does humanity end up proving it's worthiness? why or why not? please use examples from the movie.

the movie raises these questions but it offers no definitive statement of it's own.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
okay so in the end does humanity end up proving it's worthiness? why or why not? please use examples from the movie.

the movie raises these questions but it offers no definitive statement of it's own.

I'd say it does in a way. Obviously there are people who do welcome superman and appreciate him and then there are those who don't and that shows. But like Bruce did sometimes it takes death to for people to truly realize what they had or what a person means to them. When superman dies there's an outpouring of support from the world and like I said, batman changes his tune.

With that said I don't think a movie needs to always give clear answers to moral or philosophical questions to be a good movie. Hitchcock made a career of that. And even if you feel like it didn't answer those questions the point of the argument wasn't to say it's better than those other flicks because it answered questions; it's better because it asked and attempted at something while the others didn't at all. This isn't about whether it's a good movie. It's an argument as to whether it's better than something like judge dredd or batman and robin. And I feel like that's an easy yes

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
I'd say it does in a way. Obviously there are people who do welcome superman and appreciate him and then there are those who don't and that shows. But like Bruce did sometimes it takes death to for people to truly realize what they had or what a person means to them. When superman dies there's an outpouring of support from the world and like I said, batman changes his tune.

You said the major question, the major THEME of the movie is whether or not humanity deserves Superman.

The problem is, aside from that one montage and few scenes of Clark being mopey, the movie isn't instered in entertaining that question in the slightest. It raises the question just to raise the question.

You keep saying you're glad they tried to make this deep and ambitious film but that kind of story is clearly wayyyy beyond the filmmakers capabilities so yes if they had taken themselves less seriously and aimed just a bit lower we probably would have gotten a more enjoyable movie.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You said the major question, the major THEME of the movie is whether or not humanity deserves Superman.

The problem is, aside from that one montage and few scenes of Clark being mopey, the movie isn't instered in entertaining that question in the slightest. It raises the question just to raise the question.

You keep saying you're glad they tried to make this deep and ambitious film but that kind of story is clearly wayyyy beyond the filmmakers capabilities so yes if they had taken themselves less seriously and aimed just a bit lower we probably would have gotten a more enjoyable movie.

Again. That's the argument you want to make breh. My argument is clearly it's a better movie than the other ones I listed and I said why. We're not discussing whether it's a good movie. So you tell me why batman and robin is better. Tell me why a movie with no ambition, directed like a tv show, no commitment from the actors, with no one taking their job seriously much less the material seriously is better. Tell me why a movie where the director told his actors they're making a cartoon and a toy commercial, therefore they don't need to try that hard, is a better movie. That's the argument and that's my point. You're so stuck on saying how it's a bad movie you're having an argument we're not even having to prove a different point entirely.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Bvs ultimate cut is a top 10 super hero movie of all time.
BvS is weird to me. I don't like the script at all. The pacing and some of the action scenes are boring, even the batman superman fight doesn't really do much for me aside from some visuals.

But after that fight, the warehouse scene and the Doomsday battle are pretty fukkin dope. WW comes in and sets it off and Zach does shine with those scenes. How superman swoops down after getting nuked and knocks doomsday into the the power plant. shyt was dope. I honestly could barley make it through civil war for a second time. But every time BvS is on hbo, I catch it right at the scenes I just mentioned and watch it all the way through, every time.

Nothing marvel has put out, matches that epic 3rd act. For me.