Official WONDER WOMAN Thread

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
the only beef is the dumb stans both companies relish in the others sucess cuz at the end of the day it helps them out too. directors from both have tlked and praised one another, as have the actors.

anywho back to ww, hopefully they learn from thor and actually delve into the mysticsim and lure of ww (though with the gods dead u lose a bit of the world, maybe have titans or demi gods pop up idk). i also wonder how her and aquaman will interact it seems theymiscaria and Atlantis are in good terms definately gott see hem do combos.

Apparently there's a Amazon vs Atlanteans fight in JL so i doubt it

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Attack of the clones has a 65% on RT. Revenge of the sith has a 79%. That Indiana Jones film has a 77%. The force awakens has a 92 % :mjlol: Those scores are just backing up my point.

Bias informs and shapes your opinion.

My point is you're saying that people are using bias wrong when they aren't. I've shown you the definition and you're arguing against it. Not every single reviewer loves star wars or Indiana Jones.

And people can and do shyt on things they have a bias for. I shyt on spider man 3 all the time.

When you have bias you are far more likely to like something or hate something based around that bias.

If some journalist is a Republican and has a heavy bias towards party lines that's going to shape their narrative of how they interrupt events. That doesn't mean that every single time in their life they're going to agree with the party line,but that doesn't mean their bias suddenly doesn't exist.

If some journalist hated ss and loved WW their going to use that bias to spin narratives off of cold facts like numbers.

Now what I should have said earlier was not "they'd like it no matter what" but they are far more likely to like it and forgive it's flaws

Breh that's not a great score for attack of the clones or that Indy flick. But again I'm referring specially the bad ones. Not all of them across the board which is why I said where do you think the bad reviews come from? They didn't all just come from people who are indifferent towards the franchise.

And I'll agree with you that it shapes it yeah definitely. But I still say you wanting your film journalism to be sans opinion isn't going to happen unless you're reading the trades. If you go to a site where they're talking box office (unless it's Forbes) then there's going to be opinion and it may rub you the wrong way but that's what it is. And your example of suicide squad and Wonder Woman is what I said earlier that as a writer you want to champion shyt you like and you'll be dismissive of the shyt you don't. That's what film criticism has always been tho. You are the bullhorn for things in pop culture you love. But in the internet age we act like hats brand new and it's not. And the comic book movie shyt has made cats more sensitive to it because like you pointed out, we all have stuff we love and stuff we don't. And when someone is dumping on something we love, we take offense. When they're bigging up something we love, we're on board.

My bottom line is I don't buy into conspiracy theory shyt. That doesn't mean I'm right and that it doesn't exist but it's just not something I traffic in. I don't believe every journalist who's ever given a Dc movie a bad review is out to get them nor do I believe every critic who's given a marvel movie a great review is in their pocket. If the movie doesn't work for you then it doesn't work for you and if it does it does. I hate the site but there's a screen rant article on this subject that you might enjoy.

Wonder Woman Reviews Prove DC Movie Bias?

Like I said I hate their site because of their writing style but this article is at least thought provoking so I appreciate that.

And with the political thing, that's where you get the difference between a political journalist and someone who's purely an analyst or contributor. The analyst and contributor is allowed to do more and ignore the facts if they want.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Breh that's not a great score for attack of the clones or that Indy flick. But again I'm referring specially the bad ones. Not all of them across the board which is why I said where do you think the bad reviews come from? They didn't all just come from people who are indifferent towards the franchise.

And I'll agree with you that it shapes it yeah definitely. But I still say you wanting your film journalism to be sans opinion isn't going to happen unless you're reading the trades. If you go to a site where they're talking box office (unless it's Forbes) then there's going to be opinion and it may rub you the wrong way but that's what it is. And your example of suicide squad and Wonder Woman is what I said earlier that as a writer you want to champion shyt you like and you'll be dismissive of the shyt you don't. That's what film criticism has always been tho. You are the bullhorn for things in pop culture you love. But in the internet age we act like hats brand new and it's not. And the comic book movie shyt has made cats more sensitive to it because like you pointed out, we all have stuff we love and stuff we don't. And when someone is dumping on something we love, we take offense. When they're bigging up something we love, we're on board.

My bottom line is I don't buy into conspiracy theory shyt. That doesn't mean I'm right and that it doesn't exist but it's just not something I traffic in. I don't believe every journalist who's ever given a Dc movie a bad review is out to get them nor do I believe every critic who's given a marvel movie a great review is in their pocket. If the movie doesn't work for you then it doesn't work for you and if it does it does. I hate the site but there's a screen rant article on this subject that you might enjoy.

Wonder Woman Reviews Prove DC Movie Bias?

Like I said I hate their site because of their writing style but this article is at least thought provoking so I appreciate that.

And with the political thing, that's where you get the difference between a political journalist and someone who's purely an analyst or contributor. The analyst and contributor is allowed to do more and ignore the facts if they want.
I don't think there's any conspiracy and I've said a long time ago and I can dig up the quote if need be that there isn't a bias against dc but there is bias against zack snyder. And everything i read to this day further bolsters my own thoughts about that.

This new bullshyt about any part of wonder woman that I don't like is zack's fault just further illustrates this. People don't want to give the man any credit and want to blame anything they don't like on him. That's clear bias.

Hell I think there's definitely a bias FOR Christopher Nolan. He gets passes for things other film makers would not get because of that bias. I feel the same about Clint Eastwood and Tarantino.

And you take away the franchise name of star wars and that Indiana Jones film I listed and those review scores would be much much lower. They're bad films.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I don't think there's any conspiracy and I've said a long time ago and I can dig up the quote if need be that there isn't a bias against dc but there is bias against zack snyder. And everything i read to this day further bolsters my own thoughts about that.

This new bullshyt about any part of wonder woman that I don't like is zack's fault just further illustrates this. People don't want to give the man any credit and want to blame anything they don't like on him. That's clear bias.

Hell I think there's definitely a bias FOR Christopher Nolan. He gets passes for things other film makers would not get because of that bias. I feel the same about Clint Eastwood and Tarantino.

And you take away the franchise name of star wars and that Indiana Jones film I listed and those review scores would be much much lower. They're bad films.

I can't disagree with most of that except the whole thing about bad films is still subjective breh lol no matter what we may think or want to believe. I do think there's preference from certain areas and as far as Snyder goes, you said it before his strengths are visuals and action, much like Michael Bay. Film geeks don't care about that stuff unless it's with character and story, which I don't think is Snyder's forte and definitely not Bay's. And by story, I mean Snyder is good at concept but execution doesn't always work for me. He has great ideas though but sometimes there's a disconnect for me

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Maybe not on a performance level but not even on the character and narrative level?
Nope. I don't really compare villains from one movie to villains from another; I just judge them on the movie they are in.
Unless it is a new take on a villain that someone else has already played that is.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm just completely :dead: at the thought of someone wanting to emulate Zack fukking snyder

I think Zach Snyder is a mediocre storyteller, but the guy knows how to do action, it just often lacks substance because of his weak storytelling.

Snyder made one of the greatest horror remakes ever and did a damn good job with 300.

Spyro

Banned
Daps
I am the only one who thinks Wonder Woman's theme is cringey as fukk? She's supposed to be this epic Greek Goddess or some shyt and when she appears some fukking power metal shyt starts playing :mjlol:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thank you. I didn't know that. I only recall Superman and Thor fighting other Gods or superpowered people. If you say they fought humans, I'll take your word for it. I do think the idea of a God fighting a human is very silly, but I guess if it's a trend, WW shouldn't stand out for going along with it.

no prob, but it's not a trend though...that's how it's always been since the start....

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I am the only one who thinks Wonder Woman's theme is cringey as fukk? She's supposed to be this epic Greek Goddess or some shyt and when she appears some fukking power metal shyt starts playing :mjlol:
IyqIluR_zpsm5wqltuu.png
full-1_zpsbmgrdwpj.png

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no prob, but it's not a trend though...that's how it's always been since the start....

shyt, Superman's arch nemesis is just a normal human being.....Luthor is supposed to be the smartest person on earth, but he's still just a normal human being.

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not at all. Its the first memorable theme in a comic book movie since TDK.

Why are people complaining about CG when the budget and CG houses come into factor. Disney owns the best CG houses in the business and only lets a few movies outside of Disney use them per year.

Cheetah & Circe most likely. Cheetah is a more personal villain and Circe was probably locked up by Hades like in the comics when Ares killed everyone, usually her and him work together. Circe & Cheetah are really the only ones that can go toe to toe with her, Circe more so because she's a Sorceress. She's like the female version of Dr. Strange
Lucy Lawless as Circe :lupe:

tumblr_or9f1eFHqo1rmub87o3_400.png
tumblr_or9f1eFHqo1rmub87o2_r1_500.png

tumblr_or9f1eFHqo1rmub87o4_500.jpg

tumblr_or9f1eFHqo1rmub87o1_500.jpg

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I think Zach Snyder is a mediocre storyteller, but the guy knows how to do action, it just often lacks substance because of his weak storytelling.

Snyder made one of the greatest horror remakes ever and did a damn good job with 300.
I liked Dawn and 300 at the time but hated everything he has done after that. Watchmen and MOS bored me to tears

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Maaan people just gotta give it up. If you don't like what the DCEU is doing that's cool but the articles claiming they are in "trouble" are hilariously awful. Every single movie they've put out has made WB a huge fukking profit. Wonder Woman is putting them close to the 4 billion mark.

It's cool that Wonder Woman is receiving such praise from critics but it's the fans that matter either way and fans love it too so win win.