Official WONDER WOMAN Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You're talking about a conflict of interest.

There's a clear definition of bias. It's not really debatable man.

Nah not even. Breh lol again I'm telling you what every journalism school student is taught. You can disagee with it all day long but that doesn't change the fact it's what we're told and how we're told to handle our business. A conflict of interest is also bias and when you're writing there's no separation between the two. Like I said it's esoteric and it might seem like splitting hairs to some but that's how it is and professors tell us

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Nah not even. Breh lol again I'm telling you what every journalism school student is taught. You can disagee with it all day long but that doesn't change the fact it's what we're told and how we're told to handle our business. A conflict of interest is also bias and when you're writing there's no separation between the two. Like I said it's esoteric and it might seem like splitting hairs to some but that's how it is and professors tell us
If every journalism student is being told the wrong definition of what bias means that probably explains why there is so much bias in media.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
If every journalism student is being told the wrong definition of what bias means that probably explains why there is so much bias in media.

That's not the wrong definition tho lol. You're implying that cats aren't neutral that's what bias is. And I don't think that's true. If I don't like a movie, like alien covenant which I'm still mad I paid money for, if I have to write about it that dislike might come through. That's not me being bias or not being neutral. That's me expressing my preference or lack thereof.

If someone is shytting on suicide squad because they didn't like it that's what they'll do but that doesn't mean they're bias. Film journalism isn't the same as hard news where you report just the facts and you move on. People are going away from that because most of the audience is saying they don't want opinion free shyt. When I wrote for Uproxx my editor kept telling us to move away from just dry news pieces. It might be awesome that a tribe called quest released their tracklist but that's not going to do anything for us unless there's some meat behind it.

I know you well enough to know you just want the facts. That's awesome breh it really is. But you're in the minority on that one which sucks. Most people don't want that anymore unless it's hard news and even then we're paritisan as hell now with our fact based news.

The guy I know who writes for cinema blend loves the amazing spider man movies. Both of them. And whenever he'd write about them he'd profess his adoration but he wouldn't shy away from the negative buzz around it or the disappointing domestic box office (domestic not overall). His preference was for those movies to be praised but he also couldn't avoid whatever else was going on. It may fukk some people up that film journalists often run with a narrative that suits their own opinion but that's not a bias. That's them having the green light to speak their feelings because that's what people want now.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Seriously that explains so much :wow:

Journalism is probably the worst it's ever been in history from politics to movies to games.it's complete garbage. Every outlet is just pure bias and you have to try to piece together the truth for yourself

And it's because they're teaching people bias isn't bias :wow:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Seriously that explains so much :wow:

Journalism is probably the worst it's ever been in history from politics to movies to games.it's complete garbage. Every outlet is just pure bias and you have to try to piece together the truth for yourself

And it's because they're teaching people bias isn't bias :wow:

Lol breh not even. See that long ass diatribe I wrote above

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
That's not the wrong definition tho lol. You're implying that cats aren't neutral that's what bias is. And I don't think that's true. If I don't like a movie, like alien covenant which I'm still mad I paid money for, if I have to write about it that dislike might come through. That's not me being bias or not being neutral. That's me expressing my preference or lack thereof.

If someone is shytting on suicide squad because they didn't like it that's what they'll do but that doesn't mean they're bias. Film journalism isn't the same as hard news where you report just the facts and you move on. People are going away from that because most of the audience is saying they don't want opinion free shyt. When I wrote for Uproxx my editor kept telling us to move away from just dry news pieces. It might be awesome that a tribe called quest released their tracklist but that's not going to do anything for us unless there's some meat behind it.

I know you well enough to know you just want the facts. That's awesome breh it really is. But you're in the minority on that one which sucks. Most people don't want that anymore unless it's hard news and even then we're paritisan as hell now with our fact based news.

The guy I know who writes for cinema blend loves the amazing spider man movies. Both of them. And whenever he'd write about them he'd profess his adoration but he wouldn't shy away from the negative buzz around it or the disappointing domestic box office (domestic not overall). His preference was for those movies to be praised but he also couldn't avoid whatever else was going on. It may fukk some people up that film journalists often run with a narrative that suits their own opinion but that's not a bias. That's them having the green light to speak their feelings because that's what people want now.
Bias is taking hard numbers like box office and budget and spinning a narrative to whatever fits your perspective. Which is what's happened with SS and wonder woman.

Getting somebody to review a star wars film when they absolutely adore star wars is bias. Because they're going to give it a positive review no matter what.

I'm biased for spider man. I have no qualms admitting that.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
But but but but I thought they hate each other :troll:

the only beef is the dumb stans both companies relish in the others sucess cuz at the end of the day it helps them out too. directors from both have tlked and praised one another, as have the actors.

anywho back to ww, hopefully they learn from thor and actually delve into the mysticsim and lure of ww (though with the gods dead u lose a bit of the world, maybe have titans or demi gods pop up idk). i also wonder how her and aquaman will interact it seems theymiscaria and Atlantis are in good terms definately gott see hem do combos.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Bias is taking hard numbers like box office and budget and spinning a narrative to whatever fits your perspective. Which is what's happened with SS and wonder woman.

Getting somebody to review a star wars film when they absolutely adore star wars is bias. Because they're going to give it a positive review no matter what.

Not bias. That's opinion. Again you want just the facts. Which makes sense but that's not the way the internet works now sadly

And no that's not true breh. Let's look at kingdom of the crystal skull and a site like ain't it cool. Most of their writers adore Indiana jones. And couldn't wait for the movie to come out. And then they all tore it a new a$$hole because they didn't like it and in fact their reviews were harsher because they loved Indiana jones. Most of the times people who love something will be tougher on it because they feel like there's more to prove. Just like all the cats who reviewed terminator and love the franchise but ADORE Arnold. They wanted it to be good and if it missed the mark for them there you have it. Or even the reviews I read of the hateful eight from writers I know love Tarantino. Not all of them liked it. And they let the world know over and over and over.

You're trained to check that shyt at the door. Does it mean you won't like anything about the movie? Probably not. I'm sure there are moments that hit sweet spots for your job as a critic is to go in and let the movie do its thing and you take your stance one way or the other. Back in college I had to review grindhouse and I loved Tarantino so the assumption would be that I'd love death proof. But I didn't. In fact I still don't lol. So don't make the assumption someone will give something a positive review just because they love that thing. All those Star Wars fanboys had to review the prequels and yeah that didn't turn out so well

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Not bias. That's opinion. Again you want just the facts. Which makes sense but that's not the way the internet works now sadly

And no that's not true breh. Let's look at kingdom of the crystal skull and a site like ain't it cool. Most of their writers adore Indiana jones. And couldn't wait for the movie to come out. And then they all tore it a new a$$hole because they didn't like it and in fact their reviews were harsher because they loved Indiana jones. Most of the times people who love something will be tougher on it because they feel like there's more to prove. Just like all the cats who reviewed terminator and love the franchise but ADORE Arnold. They wanted it to be good and if it missed the mark for them there you have it. Or even the reviews I read of the hateful eight from writers I know love Tarantino. Not all of them liked it. And they let the world know over and over and over.

You're trained to check that shyt at the door. Does it mean you won't like anything about the movie? Probably not. I'm sure there are moments that hit sweet spots for your job as a critic is to go in and let the movie do its thing and you take your stance one way or the other. Back in college I had to review grindhouse and I loved Tarantino so the assumption would be that I'd love death proof. But I didn't. In fact I still don't lol. So don't make the assumption someone will give something a positive review just because they love that thing. All those Star Wars fanboys had to review the prequels and yeah that didn't turn out so well
Again,you're arguing against definition.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Again,you're arguing against definition.

And you're making an assumption that you'll automatically like something because you like a filmmaker or musician or whatever. And I'm saying that's not a fair assumption to make. Method man is my favorite rapper of all time but I'll be damned if I didn't chuck tical 0 out my car window in high school. I love meth. Think he's one of the greats. But the shyt is trash to me and my love for him didn't stop me from seeing that. That's not bias to ask someone who loves method man to review the new method man album. Not at all. Because you have to trust your writers to take their preconceived notions out of it and look at it just for what it is. Back to Star Wars, you think every bad review of the prequels came from people who hated the franchise?

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
It's funny to me.

Wonder woman is a success I don't think anyone can or will deny it.

But it's funny how the media operates and how easily people eat it up.

Suicide squad was a resounding success financially,but the media wanted to paint it as a failure and every day their were articles bashing it,claiming a bunch of nonsense.

People on this very forum saying it at best broke even :dead:

Wonder woman budget was only 25 million less than SS and wonder woman will probably make 100 million less and be the lowest grossing dceu film. But you won't see a single article written claiming it's going to lose money or just break even.

When they have a narrative to push they push it HARD. Fool people into not using there own brains.

DAWG THIS !!

same with BvS. day in and day out nothing but NEGATIVE articles were been churned out, even tho the movies where killing the box office like crazy

#TheAgenda

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The prequels show that isn't the case

Right and that's my point. The geeks were ready for them shyts. Foaming at the mouth. And then boom. Disappointed and let that emotion show in the reviews. Like I understand where @Prodigal Syndicate is coming from and I get why he's saying it but I don't think it's as cut and dry as that. For me, because I love a thing this next thing better impress the shyt out of me so I may be tougher on it than I normally would if I didn't have that emotional connection. A lot of sports writers are local men and women who grew up loving a team but that doesn't stop them from being critical when necessary.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
And you're making an assumption that you'll automatically like something because you like a filmmaker or musician or whatever. And I'm saying that's not a fair assumption to make. Method man is my favorite rapper of all time but I'll be damned if I didn't chuck tical 0 out my car window in high school. I love meth. Think he's one of the greats. But the shyt is trash to me and my love for him didn't stop me from seeing that. That's not bias to ask someone who loves method man to review the new method man album. Not at all. Because you have to trust your writers to take their preconceived notions out of it and look at it just for what it is. Back to Star Wars, you think every bad review of the prequels came from people who hated the franchise?
Attack of the clones has a 65% on RT. Revenge of the sith has a 79%. That Indiana Jones film has a 77%. The force awakens has a 92 % :mjlol: Those scores are just backing up my point.

Bias informs and shapes your opinion.

My point is you're saying that people are using bias wrong when they aren't. I've shown you the definition and you're arguing against it. Not every single reviewer loves star wars or Indiana Jones.

And people can and do shyt on things they have a bias for. I shyt on spider man 3 all the time.

When you have bias you are far more likely to like something or hate something based around that bias.

If some journalist is a Republican and has a heavy bias towards party lines that's going to shape their narrative of how they interrupt events. That doesn't mean that every single time in their life they're going to agree with the party line,but that doesn't mean their bias suddenly doesn't exist.

If some journalist hated ss and loved WW their going to use that bias to spin narratives off of cold facts like numbers.

Now what I should have said earlier was not "they'd like it no matter what" but they are far more likely to like it and forgive it's flaws

Last edited: