Official WONDER WOMAN Thread

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
it's so hard to believe that if superman existed in the real world we would embrace him with open arms?

this super powered being who does nothing but good deeds, saves innocent people and prevents catastrophes?

more believable that we would resent him?

uhhh yeah it would definitely take time, the government would be either trying to shoot his ass down or trying to control him for their own personal gain :mjlol:

morris

Superstar
Daps
:dahell: How are the two comparable at all? Cap is a soldier with HGH. Superman is a fukking God. :mjlol:
1. WW 2 as the stage to introduce heroic deeds
2. Steve sacrificing himself for millions of lives via plane
3. The "first" bad guy using drugs from the German evil pharmacist to make himself super strong

Watching this in RDX made it better

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
uhhh yeah it would definitely take time, the government would be either trying to shoot his ass down or trying to control him for their own personal gain :mjlol:

well i definitely think a corrupt government lends itself as a villain in a modern day superman story... that would be a very interesting angle. perhaps even in the form of lex luthor.

but i don't think the larger population as a whole would be nearly as resistant as they are in bvs.

(granted in this DCEU dumbass superman gave them a reason to be afraid by allowing so many people to die during his fight with zod)

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
but i don't think the larger population as a whole would be nearly as resistant as they are in bvs.

(granted in this DCEU dumbass superman gave them a reason to be afraid by allowing so many people to die during his fight with zod)

It's not "everyone". He has monuments built and he is worshiped by many. But he also has detractors. That's life. He didn't "allow" anything. He saved the fukking planet. Yeah there were some casualties because guess what, it's his first ever encounter and he's fighting a team of warrior Kryptonians. :pachaha:

We already addressed that in here anyway. They address the casualties in BvS. That's why Bruce is pissed. And in Civil War the Avengers have basically the same story with the accords because of three separate missions/attacks where civilians died.

:mjgrin:

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Native of the NYC, getting fed in the Big D!
Saw it yesterday. It's a good movie that could've been great if not for the overuse of slo mo scenes and that sketchy showdown.

I wanted Diana to straight up brawl with her brother ala The Incredible Hulk and Abomination did. Ares acted more like Magneto than the god of war. He was just too hands off more than not.

Chris Pine made a great Steve Trevor, pretty strong cast, I gave it a B-.

Now if they could cast Charlize Theron as Cheetah in the sequel :banderas:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, nikkas in tights with superpowers isn't realistic. Y'all have to really stop running to the well with this cop out every single time. Anybody in any completely new situation is going to need time to figure things out. You got nikkas training a week to work the register at McDonald's yet it boggles your mind it might take a dude a while to learn how to be the savior of the human race? :mjlol:

In MoS it was established that Clark had been saving people for YEARS in secret. Yall are acting like he just figured out how to use his powers and started saving people that very day. Hell even in normal everyday situations we see people who have NO background in law enforcement and with no training know well enough to prioritize the safety of women and children over their own safety in dangerous situations.

And that whole idea that Snyder was trying to show Clark's progression as a hero is bullshyt, because he and Goyer. didn't even initially see a problem with Superman not saving people till other people brought it to their attention.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
well i definitely think a corrupt government lends itself as a villain in a modern day superman story... that would be a very interesting angle. perhaps even in the form of lex luthor.

They've done stories in the comic and the animated series where the Government largely doesn't trust Superman. The general public loves him but mainly because of all the good deeds he does. Hell, the overarching story arc in Superman TAS/Justice League/JLU is about the government being terrified of Superman and the League taking over.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Hate to break up this super man argument again but here's an interesting article from film school rejects that's relevant to this flick and other comic book movies. Since it's a topic we discuss I figured I'd share it

Haven't read yet,but zod was amazing and that was after the dark knight,as was bane.

Last edited: