Official WONDER WOMAN Thread

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Exactly. Like I said before, Wonder Woman proved you can still have your "dark and gritty" mood that modern audiences seem to love while still keeping your hero optimistic and heroic. Let the central conflict be with how that optimistic and hopeful hero deals with a dark and gritty world. After reading that article @Tasha And posted however it's clear that the WB execs have no understanding whatsoever of the DC heroes
Meh i still say Snyder's interpretation of Superman>

Wonder woman grew up away from everything so her characterization makes sense.

Clark basically grows up as a human in the real world, is bullied, basically goes through life not standing up for himself for fear of his secret being discovered AND then finds out he's an alien whose entire race is extinct.

Snyder's characterization makes perfect sense and more than anything it's different. It's not the easy way out.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Meh i still say Snyder's interpretation of Superman>

Wonder woman grew up away from everything so her characterization makes sense.

Clark basically grows up as a human in the real world, is bullied, basically goes through life not standing up for himself for fear of his secret being discovered AND then finds out he's an alien whose entire race is extinct.

Snyder's characterization makes perfect sense and more than anything it's different. It's not the easy way out.

It's different and it works in the world that Snyder established, but it also sort of breaks Superman as character and the role he's supposed to play in the Justice League and next to Batman. The Superman we have in the DCEU is what you're going to get when you have a version of the Kent's that Snyder created.

There no longer and ideological divide between Superman and Batman and Superman doesn't exist as a symbol of hope that inspires both other heroes and everyday people.

In Smallville the Kents were just as terrified of Clark being found out and taken away from them, but they also made it clear to him that if he could help someone he had a responsibility to do so, not just because of his powers but because it was the right thing to do. Clark existed as a a fully formed fleshed out character instead of just being a concept that everybody else talked about.

People tend to assume that just because some folks don't like Snyder's take on Superman that they want the Christopher Reeve's version from the late 70's. That's a bullshyt strawman argument. Speaking just for myself what i want is a version closer to the one we got in Superman TAS/Justice League/JLU. That Superman wasn't mopey, wasn't a heavy handed jesus metaphor, wasn't seemingly indifferent to the rest of humanity.

Throughout the years that have been countless takes on Superman and I've never liked the "outsider alien/Jesus metaphor" version.

The sad thing for me about Man of Steel is that I was excited about the movie, especially when I learned they were going to adapt "Superman: Birthright", but they totally missed the point of that story and did something completely different. The guy who wrote that story was one of MoS biggest critics.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wonder Woman's Most Fantastic Scene Nearly Didn't Get Made at All

If you saw Wonder Woman over the weekend, then you’ll know that one of the highlights of the movie is the No Man’s Land scene, where Wonder Woman makes her big debut. You know, the one pretty much everyone thinks is the greatest moment in the film? Well, here’s an insane twist: It almost never got made at all.

The No Man’s Land scene marks the first time we actually see Diana in her “superhero costume” in her movie, removing her cloak and outfit from London to reveal her armor, as she goes above the trenches and into the bleak heart of World War I in order to liberate a small French village. It’s immensely powerful, not because it’s also the first time we see Diana really get to kick some major ass in the film, but because it’s the moment she truly commits to herself as the hero that will be known as Wonder Woman—the person who can defeat Ares, end the war, and help those around her with the compassion and strength she holds deep in her heart.

And yet, somehow, someone at Warner Bros. thought at one point it wasn’t worth being part of Wonder Woman’s runtime. Speaking to Fandango about the film, director Patty Jenkins revealed that when she first presented the script, the scene did not go down well at all with her colleagues at Warner Bros., who were seemingly baffled at the thought of a superhero fighting to liberate innocent people swept up in tragedy rather than punching the big villain in the face from the get-go:

It’s my favorite scene in the movie and it’s the most important scene in the movie. It’s also the scene that made the least sense to other people going in, which is why it’s a wonderful victory for me.

I think that in superhero movies, they fight other people, they fight villains. So when I started to really hunker in on the significance of No Man’s Land, there were a couple people who were deeply confused, wondering, like, ‘Well, what is she going to do? How many bullets can she fight?’ And I kept saying, ‘It’s not about that. This is a different scene than that. This is a scene about her becoming Wonder Woman.’

Jenkins personally fought tooth and nail to keep the scene in the film, even going so far as to personally storyboard the sequence so she could show people that the scene absolutely crucial to the film as a whole and to Diana as a character:

It’s about her. We’re not angry at the Germans. We don’t care about the Germans and neither does she. This is what she needs to do to get across [No Man’s Land], and so it’s about her.

Having seen the movie, we can’t help but agree. Wonder Woman is pretty great overall, but with that moment in a muddy field in France, it becomes something truly wonderful. Thank Hera Jenkins fought for it.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/wonder-woman...utm_source=io9_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

If true, Patty deserves even more credit for this film than she is getting. She clearly had an idea of how to make a heroic hero.

WB didn't want her to include the No Man's Land scene because they didn't understand how it contributed to the film:gucci:

I get all tentpole films have studio notes, but for them to "not get" the linchpin moment in the film...:beli:

I'm glad she fought for the vision since maybe it didn't come across in script form.
Long past time for Time Warner to clean house over there. Ridiculous.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
It's different and it works in the world that Snyder established, but it also sort of breaks Superman as character and the role he's supposed to play in the Justice League and next to Batman. The Superman we have in the DCEU is what you're going to get when you have a version of the Kent's that Snyder created.

There no longer and ideological divide between Superman and Batman and Superman doesn't exist as a symbol of hope that inspires both other heroes and everyday people.

In Smallville the Kents were just as terrified of Clark being found out and taken away from them, but they also made it clear to him that if he could help someone he had a responsibility to do so, not just because of his powers but because it was the right thing to do. Clark existed as a a fully formed fleshed out character instead of just being a concept that everybody else talked about.

People tend to assume that just because some folks don't like Snyder's take on Superman that they want the Christopher Reeve's version from the late 70's. That's a bullshyt strawman argument. Speaking just for myself what i want is a version closer to the one we got in Superman TAS/Justice League/JLU. That Superman wasn't mopey, wasn't a heavy handed jesus metaphor, wasn't seemingly indifferent to the rest of humanity.

Throughout the years that have been countless takes on Superman and I've never liked the "outsider alien/Jesus metaphor" version.

The sad thing for me about Man of Steel is that I was excited about the movie, especially when I learned they were going to adapt "Superman: Birthright", but they totally missed the point of that story and did something completely different. The guy who wrote that story was one of MoS biggest critics.
Couldn't have said it better. I was born in the early 90's so I grew up on the GOAT DC animation and those versions of the characters are most peoples favorites.

I liked Man of Steel but I felt it could have been so much better if they handled Clark's upbringing, in particular Pa Kent and then his death differently.

That's why there were rumors a while back the characterization of Superman could be rebooted.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I see kill Dat noize must be on his alias whining about superman more :mjlol:

You ain't fooling anybody.

Guy never stops crying. Go watch superman returns fakkit.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I just saw the movie and it's real good. Most people's comparisons to Captain America: The First Avenger and the 1st Thor are spot on. DCEU finally got on the scoreboard with a good movie. The action was great. The Wonder Woman theme is one of the GOAT hero themes. The humor was done well.

I wonder was ice cream scene influenced by Justice League: War?

Are we gonna get Cheetah in the sequel.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
My one main issue with the flick, and maybe someone can explain this to me

Why did Steve die? I know from a story standpoint and thematic standpoint why and they earned that emotional moment but logically he didn't have to. Why couldn't he have just landed the plane in a field somewhere and been cool?
He's busy filming the Hell or High Water sequels
:troll:

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
I just saw the movie and it's real good. Most people's comparisons to Captain America: The First Avenger and the 1st Thor are spot on. DCEU finally got on the scoreboard with a good movie. The action was great. The Wonder Woman theme is one of the GOAT hero themes. The humor was done well.

They definitely got the ice cream thing from War.

As for the villain they could either go Cheetah or Circe.

Circe is the more interesting one cause she brings in more of the magic element to the DCEU.

Thinking back to Justice League Unlimited, they could even use that to introduce Zatanna depending on the time period its set in.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Only hero they seem to get is Batman.....which is why some of the executives there keep trying to turn all their other heroes into Batman.

Half of the Justice League is filled with characters that are hopeful and optimistic. Superman, Wonder Woman, and Flash aren't supposed to be dark and gritty heroes that are constantly wracked with guilt and self doubt. They're the heroes that are supposed to inspire humanity and other heroes.

Now Batman and Aquaman, those are the two that are supposed to have the darker stories and have people shook when they show up. Martian Manhunter is also supposed to play that role. In fact the DCEU version of Superman is basically what Martian Manhunter is supposed to be.

I still don't think Cyborg fits into the Justice League all that well. In the Titans he was the guy that saw the team as his family because he was able to fit in with them better than anyone else. He doesn't have that same dynamic with the Justice League.

Cyborg is integral to the story they are telling. He needs to be in the JL movie. Also, I doubt very much The Flash is going to be "dark".. he's fukking around in the trailers quite a bit, he was always going to add some comedy to the group since day one. It looks like Aquaman is going to be a combination of a badass but also throwing darts at Bruce

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Couldn't have said it better. I was born in the early 90's so I grew up on the GOAT DC animation and those versions of the characters are most peoples favorites.

I liked Man of Steel but I felt it could have been so much better if they handled Clark's upbringing, in particular Pa Kent and then his death differently.

That's why there were rumors a while back the characterization of Superman could be rebooted.
Maybe whenever he decides to wake up, he can man the fukk up and stop being a moody bytch about everything :pachaha:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

What? Superman is a symbol of hope in the DCEU. In Batman vs. Superman he is worshiped and has monuments built, there are some detractors because guess what the world isn't fukking black and white. That's just the nature of man, there's always going to be haters.

After he dies, it shows once again why he is needed. He sacrificed himself for those who believed and even those who didn't. That arc is over. In the JL movie he's gonna come back on some :cape: shyt...

People just couldn't wait. They wanted him to be "Superman" right away and that's not realistic. He grew into the role.

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Has to be. The dialogue is identical (though delivered differently).