tumblr_inline_oqyzkuT7VG1r22udw_1280.jpg

:mjlol:

:skip:

ePiffany

All Star
Daps
Movie was good loved it but not revolutionary on a
Dark Knight / Blade / Avengers 1 level.

American and non Greek actors doing struggle Greek accents was :patrice: and the outdated overly stylized Matrix action scenes got 2 me a lil. But overall just small gripes. Dope flick

:feedme::salute:to Wonder Woman for opening the door for more superheros with ass

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I really liked this movie a lot. My thoughts:

The Good:
Gal Gadot is Wonder Woman and all the naysaying a$$holes who wanted some brolic ass butter face in the role can eat a dikk respectfully
Chris Pine was better in this movie than he has been in all 3 Star trek flicks
The action was cool (if a bit CGI heavy) and I have to give Patty Jenkins props for as well as she did on this movie having only done the tiny budgeted Monster in terms of big screen work
The supporting cast was stellar (who knew Robin Wright had a secret action heroine hiding in her?)
Loved the decision to make all the Amazons adopt Gadot's accent instead of them either having all different accents or trying to force Gadot to hide her own accent

The Bad:
The villains were underwhelming which is a shame since Danny Huston and David Thewlis are really top notch actors who could have done really good work if their characters were better developed; Same goes for Dr. Poison
The final battle with Ares felt like something I had seen before and was a tad bit too long

The Ugly:
I am an Ann Wolfe fan and honestly she scares the shyt out of me because she could probably KO in a fist fight so including her in the movie was cool but she should have been Phillipus or some other Amazon instead of Artemis. They could have used Artemis as a future villain just by either casting someone else or just leaving the character out of this movie entirely

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
She better wait until the gawd Kang Panther drops first:birdman:

:mjlol: fox news had a piece complaining that wonder woman isn't American the other day.

Just imagine what they're going to say about BP
When does that come out again? Also, :dead: at that Fox News shyt. I wonder if they know how much of the world is laughing at them.

:deadmanny::deadmanny::deadmanny:
Breh. Its not that bad. You didnt ever mess with them 3+ hour joints back in the day.....LoTR, Titanic,etc
The directors cut of return of the king :pachaha:. I nearly grabbed the extended cut of King Kong the other day too but don't have space on my movie rack.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Movie was good lived it but not revolutionary on a
Dark Knight / Blade / Avengers 1 level.

American and non Greek actors doing struggle Greek accents was :patrice: and the outdated overly stylized Matrix action scenes got 2 me a lil. But overall just small gripes. Dope flick

:feedme::salute:to Wonder Woman for opening the door for more superheros with ass

They were doing Israeli accents breh

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I really liked this movie a lot. My thoughts:

The Good:
Gal Gadot is Wonder Woman and all the naysaying a$$holes who wanted some brolic ass butter face in the role can eat a dikk respectfully
Chris Pine was better in this movie than he has been in all 3 Star trek flicks
The action was cool (if a bit CGI heavy) and I have to give Patty Jenkins props for as well as she did on this movie having only done the tiny budgeted Monster in terms of big screen work
The supporting cast was stellar (who knew Robin Wright had a secret action heroine hiding in her?)
Loved the decision to make all the Amazons adopt Gadot's accent instead of them either having all different accents or trying to force Gadot to hide her own accent

The Bad:
The villains were underwhelming which is a shame since Danny Huston and David Thewlis are really top notch actors who could have done really good work if their characters were better developed; Same goes for Dr. Poison
The final battle with Ares felt like something I had seen before and was a tad bit too long

The Ugly:
I am an Ann Wolfe fan and honestly she scares the shyt out of me because she could probably KO in a fist fight so including her in the movie was cool but she should have been Phillipus or some other Amazon instead of Artemis. They could have used Artemis as a future villain just by either casting someone else or just leaving the character out of this movie entirely

Yeah pretty much my sentiments. Minus the ugly part lol but I feel where you're coming from. That last battle dragged and dragged and dragged.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Yeah pretty much my sentiments. Minus the ugly part lol but I feel where you're coming from. That last battle dragged and dragged and dragged.
The final act was one of my few issues. It felt out of place given how the rest of the movie was and how they could've had that in the next movie and it'd have been more meaningful.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
But still a :patrice:creative choice if the Amazons originate from Ancient Greece

True but its one of those things most people probably don't know about or even think twice about outside of the hardcore fanbase. But it made a lot more sense to have everyone adapt her accent rather than have her adapt theres. The fact they can speak so many languages and are well versed and well cultured means you can get away with it from a narrative standpoint. It makes the accents more of a choice for the women on the island rather than something inherited or picked up

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:cape:

also, don't sit here and tell me coed basic training is the same as all male. I was in the military and happened to go to an all male basic training and once I met soldiers who had gone to coed basic training and told me their stories you could tell the difference was night and day.

but please continue telling me how a supermodel went through some grueling basic training breh :shaq2:
They have several mixed gender battalions and supposedly some women in the IDF serve on the front line when necessary so I would assume they would have to go through the same rigorous training as their male counterparts.
Gadot was already a beauty contest winner and low levelcelebrity so she mainly served as a fitness instructor in her stint in the military so aside from the basic stuff of learning Krav Maga and standard gun training she wasn't involved in the more intense aspects of the military though since she was never going to be in a position where she'd ne fighting.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Avengers 1? :mjlol:

How is Avengers NOT revolutionary? It's the first time a film studio had all of their superhero properties team up in one film. DC wouldn't be churning out all these superhero movies and taking chances with obscure characters if not for how well received and the commercial success of Avengers 1.