Official WONDER WOMAN Thread

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw it Friday Night, dunno if it was just timing but was kinda suprised by all the young girls in the audience.

Thought it was cool, def had the best story of all DC films. Didn't have the bloat/unnecessarily exposition of the Superman films and muddiness of SS. Thought the CGI was :hhh: at times and this is something I never really notice that well watching these movies. And you could def see Snyder's influence in the action sequences in this (good?bad?)

Gadot is still meh to me (execpt the London sequences, liked that a lot). Thought the other female characters including young Diana were more interesting but maybe this was due to writing.

Themyscira was dope, was pretty much what I expected and the amazonian action scenes were the best of the film. Liked the fact they kept Diana origins/birth vague.

Thought the interaction between WW and Trevor was great, didn't feel forced at all and you could see the growth between them. Seems like this and Capt. America are the only comic films that can create interesting romance plots without it being forced IMO.Thought the side characters were cool, liked they gave them some personality and some character history.

The most interesting/disappointing thing was the WWI arc, brought up a lot of interesting questions, but seem to throw them in the bushes after the Ares reveal.

Liked the whole idea of WW going into no man's land, thought that was dope

Thought the Ares reveal was done really well, but everything after that just seemed :patrice: The dialogue was overkill was kinda me and the actual fight was okay.

execpt when he takes all the scrap metal looks like Ares from the comics :blessed:

Def was the most cohesive DCU film to date.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't know why some of yall are/were so shocked that women came out in droves to support Wonder Woman. I said earlier in the week that shyt was gonna happen and dudes were quick to rush in and act like that shyt was all talk and that women wouldn't really show up for the movie in large numbers.

From BoxOfficeMojo:

Beyond the CinemaScore, the film played to an audience that was 52% female vs. 48% male, 14% of the audience was under the age of 18 and 47% was over the age of 35.

Also at this point some people need to stop with the "I think the movie is just getting praised because of the Feminist agenda" bullshyt. Damn near every critic is praising the film and a bunch of dudes that are proudly anti-feminist have been praising it.

It's sad at this point that a DC/WB movie can't come out without there being a bunch of people concocting some crazy conspiracy theory.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Wonder Woman's Most Fantastic Scene Nearly Didn't Get Made at All

If you saw Wonder Woman over the weekend, then you’ll know that one of the highlights of the movie is the No Man’s Land scene, where Wonder Woman makes her big debut. You know, the one pretty much everyone thinks is the greatest moment in the film? Well, here’s an insane twist: It almost never got made at all.

The No Man’s Land scene marks the first time we actually see Diana in her “superhero costume” in her movie, removing her cloak and outfit from London to reveal her armor, as she goes above the trenches and into the bleak heart of World War I in order to liberate a small French village. It’s immensely powerful, not because it’s also the first time we see Diana really get to kick some major ass in the film, but because it’s the moment she truly commits to herself as the hero that will be known as Wonder Woman—the person who can defeat Ares, end the war, and help those around her with the compassion and strength she holds deep in her heart.

And yet, somehow, someone at Warner Bros. thought at one point it wasn’t worth being part of Wonder Woman’s runtime. Speaking to Fandango about the film, director Patty Jenkins revealed that when she first presented the script, the scene did not go down well at all with her colleagues at Warner Bros., who were seemingly baffled at the thought of a superhero fighting to liberate innocent people swept up in tragedy rather than punching the big villain in the face from the get-go:

It’s my favorite scene in the movie and it’s the most important scene in the movie. It’s also the scene that made the least sense to other people going in, which is why it’s a wonderful victory for me.

I think that in superhero movies, they fight other people, they fight villains. So when I started to really hunker in on the significance of No Man’s Land, there were a couple people who were deeply confused, wondering, like, ‘Well, what is she going to do? How many bullets can she fight?’ And I kept saying, ‘It’s not about that. This is a different scene than that. This is a scene about her becoming Wonder Woman.’

Jenkins personally fought tooth and nail to keep the scene in the film, even going so far as to personally storyboard the sequence so she could show people that the scene absolutely crucial to the film as a whole and to Diana as a character:

It’s about her. We’re not angry at the Germans. We don’t care about the Germans and neither does she. This is what she needs to do to get across [No Man’s Land], and so it’s about her.

Having seen the movie, we can’t help but agree. Wonder Woman is pretty great overall, but with that moment in a muddy field in France, it becomes something truly wonderful. Thank Hera Jenkins fought for it.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/wonder-woman...utm_source=io9_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

If true, Patty deserves even more credit for this film than she is getting. She clearly had an idea of how to make a heroic hero.

WB didn't want her to include the No Man's Land scene because they didn't understand how it contributed to the film:gucci:

I get all tentpole films have studio notes, but for them to "not get" the linchpin moment in the film...:beli:

I'm glad she fought for the vision since maybe it didn't come across in script form.

Last edited:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
How is Avengers NOT revolutionary? It's the first time a film studio had all of their superhero properties team up in one film. DC wouldn't be churning out all these superhero movies and taking chances with obscure characters if not for how well received and the commercial success of Avengers 1.
It maybe Revolutionary but the movie isn't that great. Not even a top 10 CBM honestly

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Avengers is goddamn :trash:

The movie is just a gimmick. There is nothing to it at all.

The first half of the movie is slow and boring,it looks like it was filmed on a CW budget with some of the worst framing I've seen ever in a big budget film. It takes real skill to make a 250 million budget look that bad.

The 2nd half is just a bland cgi fest that looks like it uses 60% stock footage from transformers 3. You couldn't bite michael bay any harder than they did,right down to steal his trademark spin around shyt.

Avengers and age of Ultron are down there with thor 2 as the worst MCU films.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If true, Patty deserves even more credit for this film that she is getting. She clearly had an idea of how to make a heroic hero.

WB didn't want her to include the No Man's Land scene because they didn't understand how it contributed to the film:gucci:

I get all tentpole films have studio notes, but for them to "not get" the linchpin moment in the film...:beli:

I'm glad she fought for the vision since maybe it didn't come across in script form.

If you saw Wonder Woman over the weekend, then you’ll know that one of the highlights of the movie is the No Man’s Land scene, where Wonder Woman makes her big debut. You know, the one pretty much everyone thinks is the greatest moment in the film? Well, here’s an insane twist: It almost never got made at all.

The No Man’s Land scene marks the first time we actually see Diana in her “superhero costume” in her movie, removing her cloak and outfit from London to reveal her armor, as she goes above the trenches and into the bleak heart of World War I in order to liberate a small French village. It’s immensely powerful, not because it’s also the first time we see Diana really get to kick some major ass in the film, but because it’s the moment she truly commits to herself as the hero that will be known as Wonder Woman—the person who can defeat Ares, end the war, and help those around her with the compassion and strength she holds deep in her heart.

And yet, somehow, someone at Warner Bros. thought at one point it wasn’t worth being part of Wonder Woman’s runtime. Speaking to Fandango about the film, director Patty Jenkins revealed that when she first presented the script, the scene did not go down well at all with her colleagues at Warner Bros., who were seemingly baffled at the thought of a superhero fighting to liberate innocent people swept up in tragedy rather than punching the big villain in the face from the get-go:

It’s my favorite scene in the movie and it’s the most important scene in the movie. It’s also the scene that made the least sense to other people going in, which is why it’s a wonderful victory for me.

I think that in superhero movies, they fight other people, they fight villains. So when I started to really hunker in on the significance of No Man’s Land, there were a couple people who were deeply confused, wondering, like, ‘Well, what is she going to do? How many bullets can she fight?’ And I kept saying, ‘It’s not about that. This is a different scene than that. This is a scene about her becoming Wonder Woman.’

Jenkins personally fought tooth and nail to keep the scene in the film, even going so far as to personally storyboard the sequence so she could show people that the scene absolutely crucial to the film as a whole and to Diana as a character:

It’s about her. We’re not angry at the Germans. We don’t care about the Germans and neither does she. This is what she needs to do to get across [No Man’s Land], and so it’s about her.

Having seen the movie, we can’t help but agree. Wonder Woman is pretty great overall, but with that moment in a muddy field in France, it becomes something truly wonderful. Thank Hera Jenkins fought for it.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/wonder-woman...utm_source=io9_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

:mindblown: at those WB execs.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At this point the best versions of Superman we get on the big screen are Wonder Woman and Captain America.

I wish WB would realize you can do Superman and not have him be an emo alien used for Jesus metaphors. The way Diana and Steve are in the films is pretty much how Clark is supposed to be, so the idea that a traditional superman doesn't work is bullshyt.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At this point the best versions of Superman we get on the big screen are Wonder Woman and Captain America.

I wish WB would realize you can do Superman and not have him be an emo alien used for Jesus metaphors. The way Diana and Steve are in the films is pretty much how Clark is supposed to be, so the idea that a traditional superman doesn't work is bullshyt.

Exactly. Like I said before, Wonder Woman proved you can still have your "dark and gritty" mood that modern audiences seem to love while still keeping your hero optimistic and heroic. Let the central conflict be with how that optimistic and hopeful hero deals with a dark and gritty world. After reading that article @Tasha And posted however it's clear that the WB execs have no understanding whatsoever of the DC heroes

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly. Like I said before, Wonder Woman proved you can still have your "dark and gritty" mood that modern audiences seem to love while still keeping your hero optimistic and heroic. Let the central conflict be with how that optimistic and hopeful hero deals with a dark and gritty world. After reading that article @Tasha And posted however it's clear that the WB execs have no understanding whatsoever of the DC heroes

Only hero they seem to get is Batman.....which is why some of the executives there keep trying to turn all their other heroes into Batman.

Half of the Justice League is filled with characters that are hopeful and optimistic. Superman, Wonder Woman, and Flash aren't supposed to be dark and gritty heroes that are constantly wracked with guilt and self doubt. They're the heroes that are supposed to inspire humanity and other heroes.

Now Batman and Aquaman, those are the two that are supposed to have the darker stories and have people shook when they show up. Martian Manhunter is also supposed to play that role. In fact the DCEU version of Superman is basically what Martian Manhunter is supposed to be.

I still don't think Cyborg fits into the Justice League all that well. In the Titans he was the guy that saw the team as his family because he was able to fit in with them better than anyone else. He doesn't have that same dynamic with the Justice League.