Official WONDER WOMAN Thread

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And the fact that marvel made fuking Ant-Man before black panther , is and even bigger tragically IMO :hhh:

At this point I'm positive Ike Perlmutter was behind that shyt. I think Feige wanted to make a Black Panther movie a long time ago (which is why they had been putting easter eggs relating to Wakanda in the movies since phase 1). Not a coincidence that as soon a Feige stopped answering to Perlmutter Black Panther and Captain Marvel got greenlit.

But nah, as much as I love Black Panther, Wonder Woman is a MUCH bigger deal. WB taking so long to make a Wonder Woman film would be like if Logan was Fox's first time using Wolverine.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bang. WW is a hit. Sequel on deck, hopefully featuring cheetah. DC stans stand up and take a bow. This is your long awaited moment. If JL outdoes Thor 3 critically and commercially as it narrowly should when they go toe to toe in November, pride fully restored and its game on. Everybody will step their game up for 2018. More piff for the fans.

How the fukk can you say JL should outdo Thor Ragnarok critically? :stopitslime:

Commercially I can see it doing better, but we have no fukking clue how either film will do critically.

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
btw, has anyone tried to discredit all the "female director" accolades this movie is getting by mentioning how the Wachowskis are women? Bc that person fukkin suckkkkkkks beyond belief if so.

It'd be fukking stupid anyway because they haven't had a hit since the first one transitioned.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I hope everyone supports Black Panther too. I wouldn't be surprised though if the only people that show up to Black Panther are us and comic geeks.

Wonder Woman got people who don't even like comics going to see it.
Non comic geeks will see it because it's a Marvel movie. Marvel has the superhero films on lock. The Guardians of the Galaxy, a c-list team from the 60's up until 2014 have two blockbusters, Ant-Man made over $500 million, and Doctor Strange made a lot of money. Black people will see it because it's a black superhero that's not in a stereotypical role. You'll have some whites who will refuse to see it because it's a black superhero just like you have some males that won't see Wonder Woman because it's starring a woman but those people are a minority.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
It'd be fukking stupid anyway because they haven't had a hit since the first one transitioned.
i clicked on the variety link after the fact and someone naturally mentioned them. people are trying way too hard to be "woke" these days

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Black Panther will have the "I'm not letting my kid seeing a movie about The Black Panthers" headline soon by Cacs

:francis: y'all know how it goes

I had that concern initially, but after his debut in Civil War it'll be hard for anybody to be on that bullshyt and not look like a complete fukking moron.

I do see at least a few white people whining about most of the white people in the movie being villains tho. They complained about that shyt with the comics and animated series. :mjlol:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Very good movie. They od'd on the slow motion.
Oscar buzz though :mjlol:
Imagine how furious Disney stans will be if this got dc another Oscar :dead:

You already got posters like @wire28 who laughed and mocked people saying critics had a bias against dc now dapping up posts saying this movies RT score was political :russ:

Funny how that works :ohhh:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
and all she did was teach calisthenics and gymnastics :dead:

people out here trying to make it like she was a part of Mossad or something :heh:
Everyone in the Israeli military goes through the same basic training which is tougher than the American military training in the various branches except Marine Corps boot camp and Army basic training for combat arms.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
If I had to guess, I would think it's more that Pine didn't want to be tied down to any sequels rather than some story reason.
I read that Pine signed a multi picture deal but then again the actor who played Red Skull in First Avenger did too but he hasn't been seen in any movies since.