Official WONDER WOMAN Thread

Conz

Superstar
Daps
btw, has anyone tried to discredit all the "female director" accolades this movie is getting by mentioning how the Wachowskis are women? Bc that person fukkin suckkkkkkks beyond belief if so.

puggle

Superstar
Daps
My one main issue with the flick, and maybe someone can explain this to me

Why did Steve die? I know from a story standpoint and thematic standpoint why and they earned that emotional moment but logically he didn't have to. Why couldn't he have just landed the plane in a field somewhere and been cool?
If I had to guess, I would think it's more that Pine didn't want to be tied down to any sequels rather than some story reason.

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Really Solid film man. i give it 7.5..coulda been 20 mins shorter u cut out the sappy sexual tension scenes and some slo mo..but the film was shot so beautifully its like fukk it..its Wonder WOMAN lol..

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Really Solid film man. i give it 7.5..coulda been 20 mins shorter u cut out the sappy sexual tension scenes and some slo mo..but the film was shot so beautifully its like fukk it..its Wonder WOMAN lol..
i didnt like that at all, i took my niece to see this and that scene was hard to sit through

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
100 million opening
MOVIES & TV / NEWS411 Box Office Report: Wonder WomanBreaks Records For #1

June 4, 2017 | Posted by Jeremy Thomas

SHARE ON TWITTER SHARE ON FACEBOOK

The DC Extended Universe shined bright at the box office this weekend, as Wonder Woman knocked down all other contenders to take the #1 spot. The first solo film for the DC heroine blasted off with $100.5 million, setting several records along the way. The film is the best opening for a female-directed film (beating Fifty Shades of Grey’s $85.1 million start) and the best for a film set during World War I. In fact, it’s already the best total-grossing World War I film (an admittedly light genre), with Steven Spielberg’s War Horse the previous champion at $79.9 million. It’s also the fourth-highest start for a solo superhero’s origin film, behind onlyDeadpool ($132.4 million), Man of Steel ($116.6 million), and the first Sam Raimi-directed Spider-Man ($114.8 million).

There’s no bad news here for this one. Three weeks ago, Wonder Womanwas tracking for a $65 million to $70 million opening, although even then many thought the film would open higher. There was a lot of uncertainty however due to concern over whether the divisive reactions to Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad would result in less people turning out for Diana’s solo bow. By last week anticipation and predictions had risen, especially after stellar reviews began rolling in on Monday (the current Rotten Tomatoes score is 93%). But even then, most predictions were looking at an $80 million to $85 million start with only a few suggesting the movie would get close to $100 million. Those few proved to be accurate as Warner Bros.’ final marketing push shoved the movie over the top. Audience anticipation was high and the film was more evenly-split in demographics than your standard superhero film, with a 52% female lean among the attendees. Those who saw it generally loved it, with an A CinemaScore (compared to Batman V Superman’s B,Suicide Squad’s B+ and Man of Steel’s A-).

Will be seeing it tonight

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Most people love the chemistry between the two leads breh

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Off topic but did anyone else not have a lot of trailers before this? I think there was only 5, which was weird because its usually more than that.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
:wow: this movie getting Oscar Buzz already :dead:

"it's not often that I wake up to a mailbox full of unsolicited comments from Academy members about a movie, especially in June, a half-year before any of them receive their Oscar nomination ballots. But that's precisely what happened on Sunday, the morning after Patty Jenkins' Wonder Woman screened for the organization's members at its Beverly Hills headquarters. "

https://t.co/rhPf27pSsK

bignell

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Couldn't he just jump out the plane? He was flying over water, I'd still take my chances on that over just blowing myself up
Couldn't he just jump out the plane? He was flying over water, I'd still take my chances on that over just blowing myself up

Nah ..He would've needed a parachute to survive that far up..While he was piloting the plane .I was looking in the cabin to see if there were any parachutes laying around,and when I didn't see any ..I figured he was going to die

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah ..He would've needed a parachute to survive that far up..While he was piloting the plane .I was looking in the cabin to see if there were any parachutes laying around,and when I didn't see any ..I figured he was going to die
I was about to say that lol . He pretty much had to sacrifice himself