Official WONDER WOMAN Thread

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pretty crazy that the first post I see after getting back is one talking about the Gwen/Peter (:troll:)relationship in Amazing Spider-Man, since that is exactly what I planning to write about:russ:

Everyone has pretty much discussed most of my thoughts, both positive and negative about the film, so I'll leave that alone, but I thought the Diana/Steve relationship in Wonder Woman was fantastic. Their chemistry was everything it needed to be for this film to work on the level it shot for.

I usually do not enjoy relationship shyt or romantic subplots in comic book movies, they are almost always what I list as a "con" when I break down what I liked and didn't. But I'm really glad to be surprised here.

Their relationship was the hook to hang Diana's entire arc on. If that chemistry wasn't there, then the climax just wouldn't have worked - almost Martha levels awul. But while the ending was a little cheesy, maybe even a little too on the nose, where it mattered most was that it felt earned because I bought their friendship, I bought their argument, and I bought their final moments. I'm even more positive on some parts of BvS because of it.

So yeah, I know the majority of fans prefer the Amazing Spider-Man romance and how it related to Peter as a character, but I think I was more charmed by Diana/Steve than any other coupling in the comic book film universe (though Deadpool also surprised the hell out of me in that department).

I'm in agreement.Highlight of the movie IMO

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
‘Wonder Woman’ Breaks Glass Ceiling For Female Directors & Stomps On ‘Iron Man’ With $101.4M Debut – Sunday AM

6th Update, Sunday 12:45AM: The warrior princess of Themyscira is finally leaping past the century mark this weekend with an estimated $101.4M, after an estimated $35.6M Saturday. Now, since studios include Thursday preview B.O. in Friday’s opening figure, Wonder Woman is -8% from Friday’s $38.7M. However, back that $11M Thursday cash out of Friday, and technically Wonder Woman is +29% Saturday over Friday.

Should these figures stick into morning, Wonder Woman then easily beats the opening of the first Iron Man ($98.6M), though she still floats under the openings of such single (not team) superhero origin features as Deadpool ($132.4M), Man of Steel ($116.6M), and Spider-Man ($114.8M). Currently, Wonder Woman is the sixth best domestic opening at the June B.O, and second best for WB and DC after Man of Steel. If she can get past the $109M generated by Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, then Wonder Woman will own the fifth-best debut for the month.

Screen Engine/ComScore’s updated PostTrak shows more women than men watching Wonder Woman, 53% to 47%. Older women over 25 are still the predominant quad at 35%, followed by men over 25 at 33%. Women under 25 have grown slightly from 17% yesterday to 19% today, though guys under 25 are still the minority at Wonder Woman, only repping 14%. In regards to total positive score, women love Wonder Woman just a little bit more than men, 89% to 85%. In addition, more women than men are definitely recommending Wonder Woman to their friends, 78% to 70%.

Did women attend with their friends? At least 75 did in one particular group, some wearing their “We Are All Diana” shirts:

So it looks like the bruhs didn't show up. Which makes sense. shyt could've done 125-150.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol

she's been with all 3 of them.. don't take it personal

i know she has, and not taking it personal, just pointing out what you said has nothing to do with what i originally said about what i wanted to see on the big screen...

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can you give similar examples of male superheros with God like powers fighting mortal men? Men like Superman? That's what I don't understand. If you can provide some examples of that, maybe I'll get it better. :smile:

are you talking about in movies or other forms of media?....in movies: look at superman 1, 2, 3, 4, returns...he fights mortals in all those and doesnt kill them...thor not killing cap in avengers....hulk in both hulk movies....i mean seriously, this isnt something new....heroes dont fight mortals like they do other super-powered beings...if they did, the mortals would be dead and they wouldnt be considered heroes...

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
for real, you'll be seeing ares again....dont forget: he's a god, that feeds off war and conflict.....
But Diana is the god killer so why wld he be alive after her redirecting his lightning attack y'all gotta chill with assumptions when shyt was specifically told to y'all.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But Diana is the god killer so why wld he be alive after her redirecting his lightning attack y'all gotta chill with assumptions when shyt was specifically told to y'all.

i get what you saying, but he's to ww like lex is to supe, joker to bats, sinestro to gl, etc....unless they decide to ignore all that history, he'll be back...

Last edited:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
‘Wonder Woman’ Breaks Glass Ceiling For Female Directors & Stomps On ‘Iron Man’ With $100.5M Debut – Sunday AM Final

The warrior princess of Themyscira is finally leaping past the century mark this weekend with $100.5M according to Warner Bros., however, other studios believe Wonder Woman has the power to exceed $101M this weekend.
As we’ve observed all weekend long, the Patty Jenkins-directed tentpole is a benchmark, breaking the domestic opening record for a movie helmed by a woman, the previous champ being Sam Taylor-Johnson’s Fifty Shades of Grey ($85.1M). On a worldwide basis for female directors, Wonder Woman at $223M ranks second behind Fifty Shades of Grey ($242M). Nonetheless, it’s been a great week for female directors with Wonder Woman‘s high following in the wake of Sofia Coppola’s best director win at the Cannes Film Festival for The Beguiled. That’s the second time in the fest’s 70 year history that a female has taken a directing prize.
Wonder Woman easily beats the opening of the first Iron Man ($98.6M), though she still floats under the openings of such single (not team) superhero origin features as Deadpool ($132.4M), Man of Steel ($116.6M), and Spider-Man ($114.8M). Currently, Wonder Woman is the sixth best domestic opening at the June B.O, and second best for WB and DC after Man of Steel. If she can get past the $109M generated by Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, then Wonder Woman will own the fifth-best debut for the month.
Screen Engine/ComScore’s updated PostTrak shows more women than men watching Wonder Woman, 53% to 47%. Older women over 25 are still the predominant quad at 35%, followed by men over 25 at 33%. Women under 25 have grown slightly from 17% yesterday to 19% today, though guys under 25 are still the minority at Wonder Woman, only repping 14%.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
I plan on seeing it Monday. What I don't understand is, how is Wonder Woman at %93 on Rotten Tomatoes when RT hates DC movies?:sas1:

:sas2:
It's the beginning of the month and those Disney checks ain't arrive yet. Critics are being lead to believe they won't come at all. What they don't know is that, it takes around 3 business days to arrive through mail. It was smart of DC to release this at the tail end/beginning of the month weekend.

Disney opted out of using direct deposit because they've gotten cocky. When you count you chickens before they hatch, nikkas catch you slippin:francis:

:troll:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
The issue with her getting the part was she really didn't look the part...

She had no muscle mass whatsoever...She was model thin, 100 pounds wearing boots soaking wet...

WW isn't supposed to be super thick but she is supposed to look amazonian...

This isn't amazonian...

793886ee3d9a8617bc85d689297201ed.jpg
Not my Wonder Woman :picard:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Saw it last night.

I'd give it a solid 7.

It's definitely not a "93%" like Rotten Tomatoes is saying.

Shyt should be somewhere between 70-80....Lotta politics involved in that rating.

It has an average rating of 7.6 out of 10 on rotten tomatoes, exactly what you gave it.

The percentage is just how many critics recommend seeing the movie.