Official WONDER WOMAN Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
My one main issue with the flick, and maybe someone can explain this to me

Why did Steve die? I know from a story standpoint and thematic standpoint why and they earned that emotional moment but logically he didn't have to. Why couldn't he have just landed the plane in a field somewhere and been cool?

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
Who would've ever thought Gal Gadot played a more believable Wonder Woman ,than Ben Affleck played as Batman....I thought he was supposed to be the A-list actor...I don't care what anyone says she did her thing in this movie...Alot of people just don't wanna admit she was cast properly for this role,because they were up in arm's when they found out she got the part......

I think most of the criticism (which is still valid) is how she looks physically. Facially and to a lesser degree acting wise she nails the part, but from the neck down its ehhh. And no you don't need the extreme of former athletes or fitness models...plenty of actresses throughout the years have dramatically transformed their bodies for certain roles like Angela Bassett, Demi Moore, Jessica Biel, Emily Blunt etc.. Gal just didn't want to put in that work.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I think it was good, not great. It's missing something that's stopping it from being great but I can't put my finger on it. The most important thing this movie had going for it, is that it knew what type of movie it wanted to be and never lost the tone. The CGI was almost Prequel Trilogy levels of overdone. There were plenty of shots in which practical effects would've looked so much better. But every character had a chance to shin, their chemistry was great and she was serviceable.

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps

Why did Steve die? I know from a story standpoint and thematic standpoint why and they earned that emotional moment but logically he didn't have to. Why couldn't he have just landed the plane in a field somewhere and been cool?
i want to put that on mr snyder. Im not 100% sure. I think i saw he had a writing credit in there. The whole 3rd act smelled of him. It didnt have to go down like that.

Last edited:

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition

I would imagine so nobody, including the Allies, would have access to the gas. I think he briefly explained why he had to Sammy and the Irish dude as well but it's escaping my memory at the moment.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The issue with her getting the part was she really didn't look the part...

She had no muscle mass whatsoever...She was model thin, 100 pounds wearing boots soaking wet...

WW isn't supposed to be super thick but she is supposed to look amazonian...

This isn't amazonian...

793886ee3d9a8617bc85d689297201ed.jpg
She's not wearing a bikini in the movie. The armor fills her out well. She's tall and athletic which is all you need. It's not like she's supposed to have natural strength. She is a god.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal

honestly i liked that they did. woulda been too similar to captain america imo where she stays young and he gets old.

Last edited:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Then how could he destroy the gas safely?

bignell

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

He couldn't land the plane ...They said it had a timer to explode regardless of whether the gas was released or not..