Official WONDER WOMAN Thread

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I'm confused lol. So for the past few years cats have rightly railed at dc for some choices they've made or not made in how they handle their flicks. And someone or a couple people even said they need a critically acclaimed flick to balance the ship out. Haven't seen it yet, but @Prodigal Syndicate says they let patty jenkins make the movie she wanted without interference or fukkery. And now it's a problem it's critically acclaimed or there's underlying reasons as to why critics are receptive to it? Can't win with y'all :russ: Every single thing is a fukking conspiracy on this site. And everything is about "the agenda" whatever that agenda may be in a given moment:deadmanny:. When everything's a conspiracy or an agenda, nothing is. This is like the hard core star trek fans getting their panties in a bunch because JJ's first flick was mainstream and a mass audience liked it. There were cats actually outraged at the fact it was critically acclaimed and made a lot of money. This is no different.

Like @Drew Wonder said a 94% doesn't mean every critic who liked it thinks it's a perfect film. It just means they liked it. Some liked it more than others some liked it less. But again at the end of the day that's their opinion. If you disagree it doesn't make their opinion any less valid.

The stans get worked up very easily over nonsense but I enjoy the meltdowns :manny:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
BORING :russell:

Worst film I've seen all year and I consider myself to lean a little more towards the DC films. (So it's not sone Marvel fanboy shyt on my part). Was desperately hoping for a Batman cameo or something to get a little hyped but it never came.

The only thing I took from this was that she probably sees a lot of that main dude's personality/drive in Bruce Wayne. Which would add some layers to their romance (If they end up having one.)
:ehh:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
1565.gif

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
what about it dont you understand?...when fighting mortals, she's not going all out....she's fighting them differently than when she's fighting someone like ares....it's not a woman thing either, all superheroes do this is all forms of media...

seriously, if she was hitting mortals like she did ares, they would be dead and she wouldnt be a hero....

Can you give similar examples of male superheros with God like powers fighting mortal men? Men like Superman? That's what I don't understand. If you can provide some examples of that, maybe I'll get it better. :smile:

Daps
it was good.

saw it today. Only a few complaints... DC does not do humor well.... and they TRIED this time :mjlol:

but the jokes fell flat. Literally no one in the theater laughed at any of the parts that were supposed to be funny except one. But other than the one time, you could drop a pin

DC trying to get that lighthearted humor going, but they been doing dark and gritty for so long, they don't know how to do it

other than that, the movie was good, just like I knew it would be

A couple of parts at the end fell flat (the fight) but overall it was cool

7/10

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
smoked in the parking lot before it started. themyscira in real imax 3d was
:banderas:

gal gadot was sexy as fukk:noah: coli wrong as usual. :umad:

this and fargo :whew: professor lupin getting them checks. i ain't even know he was in this but i thought aries was a dope villain.

now i wanna know what she did between the end of ww2 and the present day time. she was still wonder woman in training, she ain't even know how to fly.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
what about it dont you understand?...when fighting mortals, she's not going all out....she's fighting them differently than when she's fighting someone like ares....it's not a woman thing either, all superheroes do this is all forms of media...

seriously, if she was hitting mortals like she did ares, they would be dead and she wouldnt be a hero....

She still didn't have full grasp of her powers and didn't until she had loved someone and Ares pushed that button, the Wonder Woman we see in Batman v. Superman is going full force with full knowledge :wow: :wow:

Another thing this movie did that no other blockbusters ever touch on are the casualties of war and how terrible war is for people caught in the middle, things like families being torn apart and starvation and they even delved into PTSD without going over the top with it..

Patty did her thing on this bih, that's why she's an Oscar level director :wow:

Can't say enough about how good Gadot was with Pine :whew:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
She still didn't have full grasp of her powers and didn't until she had loved someone and Ares pushed that button, the Wonder Woman we see in Batman v. Superman is going full force with full knowledge :wow: :wow:

Another thing this movie did that no other blockbusters ever touch on are the casualties of war and how terrible war is for people caught in the middle, things like families being torn apart and starvation and they even delved into PTSD without going over the top with it..

Patty did her thing on this bih, that's why she's an Oscar level director :wow:

Can't say enough about how good Gadot was with Pine :whew:
Gadot and pine had great chemistry. Puts most comic book couples to shame.

bignell

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Who would've ever thought Gal Gadot played a more believable Wonder Woman ,than Ben Affleck played as Batman....I thought he was supposed to be the A-list actor...I don't care what anyone says she did her thing in this movie...Alot of people just don't wanna admit she was cast properly for this role,because they were up in arm's when they found out she got the part......