Official WONDER WOMAN Thread

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Honestly, maybe the internet has ruined shyt for me but sometimes the social justice angle of films makes me tired of shyt before I even see it. People go to good movies and don't go to wack movies. It's really that simple. The whole "wonder woman proves this for women" shyt being beaten down my throat was OD. But I am on Twitter too much. I felt that way about Get Out to a degree too, and that's entirely unrelated to the films. And honestly, I think it's that way for a lot of people too. People walk in with preconceived notions or have views on the ratings of films based on the politics at play.

It'd be nice if it was that simple but unfortunately because minorities and women have traditionally been relegated to stereotypesand side kicks or worse completely missing these kind of movies are like a drink of water in a desert. It inevitable they'll create political buzz and controversy because the standard "good" movie suspiciously lack direction and writing for characters that aren't whitemales

Duvali

Horn Of Africa
Daps
Saddens me to see how easily black people support these white projects. A white person would never see a movie with the major leads being black.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
A lot of people were wrong about Gal Gadot she was good in this! She was very charming and Pine who I never like was pretty good too, they had good on-screen chemistry. Action was on point, I can tell Snyder had his team working with Patty on this :wow: :wow:

What can I say? Critics were right about this, dope flick. :ehh: I'd still have Man of Steel right up there with it. :manny:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Saddens me to see how easily black people support these white projects. A white person would never see a movie with the major leads being black.
you got a million other things that require your attention as a black person in 2017 but anything in the fukking entertainment realm being your priority? means you are the lamest of the lame

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The more I think about this movie the more it bothers me.

If Wonder Woman is a God, why spend an hour pitting her against human soldiers, and showing them surviving the fight? She goes on to fight the God of War, Aries and destroys him, but mere mortals like German soldiers are allowed to walk away after engaging her in hand to hand or gun to hand? That doesn't make any sense.

what about it dont you understand?...when fighting mortals, she's not going all out....she's fighting them differently than when she's fighting someone like ares....it's not a woman thing either, all superheroes do this is all forms of media...

seriously, if she was hitting mortals like she did ares, they would be dead and she wouldnt be a hero....

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The problem with that is Batman is a genius billionaire badass A1 Pimp who gets pussy in his sleep.
He doesn't love these hoes and women love that dark mysterious fearless muhfukka even though he has boderline personality disorder

and Superman is a socially awkward sucka4loveass redneck alien Simp who's afraid of his own damn mirrored reflection
:mjpls:

and is constantly second guessing himself to the detriment of the entire planet. if his flesh wasn't impenetrable I swear this nikka woulda killed his own damn self before he even got to Metropolis

what are you talking about?...you do know that supes and ww have been together in the comics multiple times right?...including having a kid and letting uncle bruce babysit....i was just saying that's what i want to see on the big screen.....

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
3rd act with ares was ass af who greenlit that fight shld kill themselves. ares was meh combat wise that summoning weapons or whatever was corny and the telekinesis from the big bad is over rated. as a villain he was ok, being a looming presence and force of nature shld have been used throughout these wonder woman films or for at least two movies before getting defeated, have Ares retreat after the gas is gone and he tries to corrupt WW so that the balance of her purity is shaky and a character obstacle for her going on (break her spirit then later make it a physical and mental conflict; in fact u can say he succeeded since she was retired until bvs :ehh:). that the other villian was meh all in all idk why that gas made him super strong (dr. p had sed it wld get him back to his original strength implying ares but then dude wasn't so what is he?) and why not develop that for all the German solders along with the deadly gas for enemies?

doctor poison had potential tho (loved how pine was trynna mack on her undercover and she was feelin the shyt). man the cgi was bad at sometimes like wtf, the lasso combat looked damn right silly at times lol and really wb cgi trevor flying yall got enough bread to use a real plane shyt yall studio has Dunkirk :gucci: slow mo was kinda overused but nothing to trip off of frfr, cld tell where snyder touched the film. visually it was gucci on the island, off it was standard no complaints. loved the amazon bit, hopefully they reappear in the squeal. Gal bad as shyt :noah: lol; her acting was ok for me no complaints. trevors crew was ok i guess, kinda useless besides moving the plot and adding character to the film (lol maybe that was their purpose).

umm ww fighting skills was nice, decent story far better than bvs and ss, up their with mos... DC's getting better. Loved the character of diana in itself the nativity, the sense of duty and hope lil bih was like u nikkas soft in the meeting :dead:nice humor as well. 7.5 wlda been a 8 if the final boss fight wasn't ass threw me out of the film with bad cgi and terrible choreography.

you do know ares isnt dead right?....

Daps
Reppin
In The Clouds
It'd be nice if it was that simple but unfortunately because minorities and women have traditionally been relegated to stereotypesand side kicks or worse completely missing these kind of movies are like a drink of water in a desert. It inevitable they'll create political buzz and controversy because the standard "good" movie suspiciously lack direction and writing for characters that aren't whitemales
I know all that, but it doesn't make it any less annoying to hear it over and over again.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Wow this movie was awesome. Not one negative opinion i do have for this movie. The third act was kind of weak, but was not bad. Chris Pine did a wonderful job of helping Gal out with her scenes, you can tell he was carrying her in every scene they had together. Visual this movie was stunning and the action was on point too. Just the slow mo was over did a lil too much imo. Lol you can tell the supporting cast in this movie pretty much gel it together. Gal was a great a wonder woman, but she was the worst actor/actress in the film. And thats saying a lot because Gal acted great as the lead. Its obvious that they made the amazonians have the isreal accent because Gal could not do an American accent. But it works in this film anyway because they are on ancient greek island. Overall i give this movie a 8/10.

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
what are you talking about?...you do know that supes and ww have been together in the comics multiple times right?...including having a kid and letting uncle bruce babysit....i was just saying that's what i want to see on the big screen.....

lol

she's been with all 3 of them.. don't take it personal

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
Will Smith was literally the most bankable star for like a decade, of course they would support films with the major lead being black.