Official WONDER WOMAN Thread

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Just watched it in IMAX. First and foremost...

Gal Gadot is :wow:

The film itself was beautiful as well. Love the color, the setting, and I can't wait to pick it up in 4K :banderas:

The movie was probably the most I've enjoyed a DC movie since...perhaps Dark Knight. And probably my favorite comic book movie released this year. Logan is probably better...but this is perhaps a more enjoyable watch.

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
as for the movie:

- even though steve was with her in the comics, kal-el is still the only one that should end up with wonder woman, i dont give a fukk...they should have a kid, batman should be the babysitting uncle...

The problem with that is Batman is a genius billionaire badass A1 Pimp who gets pussy in his sleep.
He doesn't love these hoes and women love that dark mysterious fearless muhfukka even though he has boderline personality disorder

and Superman is a socially awkward sucka4loveass redneck alien Simp who's afraid of his own damn mirrored reflection
:mjpls:

and is constantly second guessing himself to the detriment of the entire planet. if his flesh wasn't impenetrable I swear this nikka woulda killed his own damn self before he even got to Metropolis

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
BORING :russell:

Worst film I've seen all year and I consider myself to lean a little more towards the DC films. (So it's not sone Marvel fanboy shyt on my part). Was desperately hoping for a Batman cameo or something to get a little hyped but it never came.

The only thing I took from this was that she probably sees a lot of that main dude's personality/drive in Bruce Wayne. Which would add some layers to their romance (If they end up having one.)

Romell

Superstar
Daps
I actually think it was smart to set it during that time period for two reasons

1. World War I was BRUTAL, so if you're gonna make a film where the horrors of war is a central theme, that's a good war to choose as the backdrop
2. Setting it during the early women's suffrage movement where a woman who acted like Diana would get some truly :dwillhuh:reactions from men is a good way to work in the feminist angle without beating people over the head with it. If they set it in modern times and still tried to keep in the feminist aspects of her character it would probably be too divisive for the male comic book audience
No,no I dug all that stuff. I was saying for spoiler reasons I hate that his character had to be in her past.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this was a great movie, i wished there was stuff at the end. I did like the extended JL trailer. Although they still aint show darkseid.

My only question is why isn't wonder woman flying in this

those black amazonians :ohlawd:

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
this was a great movie, i wished there was stuff at the end. I did like the extended JL trailer. Although they still aint show darkseid.

My only question is why isn't wonder woman flying in this

those black amazonians :ohlawd:
my guess is her mom stymied the hell out of her learning her powers so now she just leaps really high but soon she will be flying

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I'm confused lol. So for the past few years cats have rightly railed at dc for some choices they've made or not made in how they handle their flicks. And someone or a couple people even said they need a critically acclaimed flick to balance the ship out. Haven't seen it yet, but @Prodigal Syndicate says they let patty jenkins make the movie she wanted without interference or fukkery. And now it's a problem it's critically acclaimed or there's underlying reasons as to why critics are receptive to it? Can't win with y'all :russ: Every single thing is a fukking conspiracy on this site. And everything is about "the agenda" whatever that agenda may be in a given moment:deadmanny:. When everything's a conspiracy or an agenda, nothing is. This is like the hard core star trek fans getting their panties in a bunch because JJ's first flick was mainstream and a mass audience liked it. There were cats actually outraged at the fact it was critically acclaimed and made a lot of money. This is no different.

Like @Drew Wonder said a 94% doesn't mean every critic who liked it thinks it's a perfect film. It just means they liked it. Some liked it more than others some liked it less. But again at the end of the day that's their opinion. If you disagree it doesn't make their opinion any less valid.
I'm convinced Snyder directed the third act

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
So far in the year

1. Logan
2. Wonder woman.

And then somewhere in a puddle of trash and unborn fetus juice..

3. GOTG2

Spidey up next :blessed:

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
yes the slo mo is overused

but acting wise everyone did their thing [Gal Gadot needs work on being sad or attempting to cry]

This is still a good movie though

Brehs y'all can't say DC needs a good film and then when they finally get one the reasoning/excuse is oh its because she's a woman....

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
So far in the year

1. Logan
2. Wonder woman.

And then somewhere in a puddle of trash and unborn fetus juice..

3. GOTG2

Spidey up next :blessed:
So your bumb ass actually went and saw Wonder Woman at the flix?
:pachaha:
How much of hit those pockets take?
:skip:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Ima see this tomorrow
Was too busy handing out Mario Kart ass whoopins!

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I'm confused lol. So for the past few years cats have rightly railed at dc for some choices they've made or not made in how they handle their flicks. And someone or a couple people even said they need a critically acclaimed flick to balance the ship out. Haven't seen it yet, but @Prodigal Syndicate says they let patty jenkins make the movie she wanted without interference or fukkery. And now it's a problem it's critically acclaimed or there's underlying reasons as to why critics are receptive to it? Can't win with y'all :russ: Every single thing is a fukking conspiracy on this site. And everything is about "the agenda" whatever that agenda may be in a given moment:deadmanny:. When everything's a conspiracy or an agenda, nothing is. This is like the hard core star trek fans getting their panties in a bunch because JJ's first flick was mainstream and a mass audience liked it. There were cats actually outraged at the fact it was critically acclaimed and made a lot of money. This is no different.

Like @Drew Wonder said a 94% doesn't mean every critic who liked it thinks it's a perfect film. It just means they liked it. Some liked it more than others some liked it less. But again at the end of the day that's their opinion. If you disagree it doesn't make their opinion any less valid.
Hey I even floated a few ideas myself :hubie:

But I'm consistent in that critics are just regular people that can and will be influenced by hype, bias etc just like anybody can. Some people want to pretend they can't be and a RT score is some infallible tool :hubie:

After seeing the movie it's clear it's just the type of film that lends itself well to an RT score. It's a decent,well made popcorn movie with some grest scenes. Good enough to get a "fresh" rating with flaws not big enough to be "rotten." You can't give films negative ratings for not being ambitious :manny:

RT at its very core is a flawed system,because you have say inception that has average score of 8.6 and yet it's got a lower RT score than WW because of the way they choose to operate.

I'm not 100% sure how metacritic calculates their scores. But you got avengers with a 69 score ( :dame:) which is a much more realistic score for that. .....attempt at film :dame:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
So your bumb ass actually went and saw Wonder Woman at the flix?
:pachaha:
How much of hit those pockets take?
:skip:
I go to the theatre constantly :manny:

I went VIP, ordered sliders and alcoholic root beer floats right to my seat :ahh:

I decided to not waste my money on gotg 2 in theatre and what a decision that was :whew: worst film I've watched in the last year easily

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
SATURDAY AM UPDATE: Wonder Woman is looking strong out of the gate, delivering an estimated $38.85 million on Friday, which includes $11 million from Thursday previews. This is nearly identical to the performance of the first Guardians of the Galaxy, which brought in $11.2 million from previews, delivered $37.8 million on Friday and ultimately opened with $94.3 million, suggesting a $95-100 million opening is in the offing. Wonder Woman received an "A" CinemaScore from opening day audiences, which was 52% female vs. 48% male.

Overseas, Wonder Woman is now up to $47.1 million, bringing the worldwide cume to $85.95 million so far.