Official WONDER WOMAN Thread

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
feminism and the pandering that have come with it weren't as mainstream back then

I didn't like Force Awakens, so if it was on that wave I'd be the first person to say it, but to me it was a solid, B+ movie and the best DCEU movie so far :yeshrug:But see it for yourself and make your own judgment

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh, those were also shyt movies. Catwoman is hard to even sit through and Elektra is boring as hell

What's so funny about the "They're just praising it because it's a female led movie" narrative is that dudes on the Coli who are known members of the He-Man woman haters club have come into the thread and said it's a good movie.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
me too, I'm kinda wondering if it's getting that feminist bump :francis:

I'm also interested in seeing how the media and reviewers treat this in comparison to Black Panther when it comes out.

I hope everyone supports Black Panther too. I wouldn't be surprised though if the only people that show up to Black Panther are us and comic geeks.

Wonder Woman got people who don't even like comics going to see it.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hope everyone supports Black Panther too. I wouldn't be surprised though if the only people that show up to Black Panther are us and comic geeks.

I'm gonna shame the shyt out of anybody that doesn't go see Black Panther.

Motherfukkers will go see anything with a Marvel Logo attached but wont see that? fukk that, you don't go see Black Panther you getting called out as a racist. :ufdup:

Romell

Superstar
Daps
I thought it was a pretty good movie. Not 9 or 10/10 but good enough to stand against Marvel movies.

I enjoyed Chris Pines character a lot, sucks it was a period piece.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

A lot of that has to do with the fact she's an icon and has been for decades. There are a handful of comic characters you can say to someone on the steeet and they'll know who you're talking about. She's one of them

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Enjoyed it. Definitely overall the best of the DCU so far.

Man of Steel would be right with it if it weren't for certain scenes.

With the love Wonder Woman is getting I wouldn't be surprised if she becomes the center of the DCEU for the time being.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Enjoyed it. Definitely overall the best of the DCU so far.

Man of Steel would be right with it if it weren't for certain scenes.

With the love Wonder Woman is getting I wouldn't be surprised if she becomes the center of the DCEU for the time being.

Her arc in this movie is really the best possible way to do a Superman movie in the modern era imo. You have an idealistic, optimistic character whose optimism is constantly tested as they learn more and more about how fukked up the world really is and by other people who accuse them of being too naive. So you make the central conflict of the film whether or not the character can hold onto that optimism in spite of everything they observe that contradicts that. That's the best way to do a dark and gritty Superman movie that still holds true to the character's idealistic roots

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
I think it's deserving of the good reviews. Ya'll gotta remember, a 94% on Rotten Tomatoes just means that 94% of the critics believe the movie is at least good, doesn't necessarily mean it's a masterpiece.

Also, if I'm not mistaken Wonder Woman is the first female superhero movie that's gotten good reviews. Catwoman and Elektra were among the worst reviewed movies of all time so it's not simply a "let's hype it up because she's a female superhero" type thing

I usually check the average rating and Metacritic so I know it's getting an average in the mid 7's out of 10. I just don't want to have high ass expectations because I've been burned by even average ratings before so I know the RT % isn't the be all end all.

Also the post where I asked about it genuinely being good was right after the embargo lifted so I wasn't sure if the first few reviewers went overboard/

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I usually check the average rating and Metacritic so I know it's getting an average in the mid 7's out of 10. I just don't want to have high ass expectations because I've been burned by even average ratings before so I know the RT % isn't the be all end all.

Also the post where I asked about it genuinely being good was right after the embargo lifted so I wasn't sure if the first few reviewers went overboard/

I'd give it somewhere between a 7 and an 8 out of 10, depends on how well it holds up after repeat viewings. Special effects were shaky at times, action ranged from average to decent and there wasn't anything particularly groundbreaking in the filmmaking techniques although the set design in her home world and London were incredible. But where it really shined imo was Wonder Woman's character development and her relationship with Steve. It probably has the best love story I've seen in a comic book film, it was a rare instance where the love story was actually a central part of her character and wasn't just tacked on

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
Watched it in 4DX

Movie was a solid 7/10. I thought Gadot played the role perfectly. Can't believe people are saying she's a bad actress
4DX for this movie was :trash:. It was barely used. Save your money and stick to IMAX instead

Anyone else think the sniper and smuggler were absolutely useless? They should've spent that time on Doctor Poison instead
i agree they are kinda useless plotwise, but they also fleshed out the movie with comedic banter and gave you a better sense of who steve is as a person

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought it was a pretty good movie. Not 9 or 10/10 but good enough to stand against Marvel movies.

I enjoyed Chris Pines character a lot, sucks it was a period piece.

I actually think it was smart to set it during that time period for two reasons

1. World War I was BRUTAL, so if you're gonna make a film where the horrors of war is a central theme, that's a good war to choose as the backdrop
2. Setting it during the early women's suffrage movement where a woman who acted like Diana would get some truly :dwillhuh:reactions from men is a good way to work in the feminist angle without beating people over the head with it. If they set it in modern times and still tried to keep in the feminist aspects of her character it would probably be too divisive for the male comic book audience

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
so I'm getting the feeling from reading this thread that most people felt the movie is... ok.

which by comparison to the other DC movies is great... although I was kinda hoping for... GREATNESS!
(always been a lowkey hypeman of WW)

I guess it's good that I read peoples thoughts first because I can lower my expectations accordingly and will likely enjoy it more now
rather than having the feeling I had after watching Guardians of the Galaxy pt 2 which was slight disappointment ( I loved part 1)

eh well..the webcrawler will be out next month and I'm sure it will deliver

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps

I feel the opposite. I honestly think Black Panther is going to be the breakout hit of 2018, much like Deadpool.

I'm anxious as hell to get that first trailer, to see if the actual hype matches my internal hype.