Official WONDER WOMAN Thread

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw it earlier. It wasn't :trash:, which automatically makes it the best DCEU movie by default.

It still had a lot of problems tho. The villains are utterly forgettable, there's way too much god damn slo-mo, unnecessary exposition, the Themyscyra scenes are :snooze: and the fake accents they were doing were laughably bad.

I did like the themes of whether humanity is worth saving, which, while nothing new, was well done. The final battle with Ares was by the numbers comic book movie fare, but the scenes leading up to it were very good. Gal Gadot was very good as Wonder Woman, and the sexual tension scenes with Steve Trevor were good because she and Chris Pine had great chemistry.

Overall, I enjoyed it, but didn't love it. Using the Double Toasted rating scale, I'd give it a high matinee. :ehh:

Whatever you do, don't see this in RealD 3D. shyt was an absolute waste of money. :francis:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Biggest turn off was the cgi, special effects of whatever it's called. Not the slow mo but how she looked compared to the background. Terrible to me. Had no problem with her acting. Don't get the complaint
After the 1st real big fight was when it slowed down. And the dialogue could have been better. But that first hour it felt like a real movie, sorta like the Marvel Captain America's and X Men films. Like actual non boring dialogue. Villain wasn't great but not terrible
Yeah there was some bad CGI I'll admit it. And the slow mo did feel very 1999

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Just finished the movie and I really enjoyed it. Best movie in the DCEU and second best DC comics movie of all time.

Gal Gadot is charming and really played Diana well.

I liked how Wonder Woman was all naive and was like "once I kill Ares the Germans will stop fighting and there will be peace on earth." :mjgrin: while Trevor was like :comeon:. I was kind of :mjcry: when she realized people are generally fukked up.

The movie had enough comedy at the right spots.

I was kind of unsure of the World War 1 setting but it actually makes sense in the sense of countries being manipulated into conflict compared to the "good guys vs bad guys" rhetoric of World War 2.

The DCEU has a winner.:mjgrin:
:whoa:People going this far?

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Great fukkin movie. Loved every minute of it.

The first 25-30 minutes till the battle at the beach ended was absolutely stunning visually.

Gal gadot did a great job, stole every scene with her sexy smile and accent.

Chris pine did a great job and so did the rest of the crew.

Easily the best movie out of the 4 DCU movies.

8.5/10

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's hysteria around the country...wod is this makes 150 million opening week just in the US alone

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
This might be lil Kingpins punishment today for scuffin up his sneakers
:noreha:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Variety and deadline can say whatever they like,they're just saying it with no factual evidence. There is no evidence to suggest reviews have any real effects on films box office grosses

The fact wonder woman will most likely be the lowest grossing dceu film with the highest reviews just shows that.

I'm not "suggesting" anything. By every single metric available the majority of audiences liked bvs. That's tangible evidence. Go look at metacritic,RT,imdb etc.

In fact the blu ray just entered the top 50 of all time in sales the other week.
I don't know about Variety but Deadline never suggest that reviews alone have an effect, when talking about box office they include everything from Cinemascores and reviews to social media awareness, brand value and star publicity (good and bad). There is no golden rule for predicting box office but no source uses more factual data than Deadline does. :yeshrug:

But on the other hand, you can't post in the Film Room and pretend that people don't care about a (rather meaningless) Rotten Tomatoes rating because posters refer to the site all the time (regardless of whether they agree or disagree with them).

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
Saw it last night. The best DCEU film to date. Doesn't mean it wasn't a drag at some parts. The action was dope and the twist on the villian was cool. When Gadot was doing Wonder Woman stuff is was great. The humor wasn't forced and the chemistry between her and Pine was great. Her origin took a little long but was dope visually but some of the dialogue was cheesy. But still a solid movie 7.5/10

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
The more I think about this movie the more it bothers me.

If Wonder Woman is a God, why spend an hour pitting her against human soldiers, and showing them surviving the fight? She goes on to fight the God of War, Aries and destroys him, but mere mortals like German soldiers are allowed to walk away after engaging her in hand to hand or gun to hand? That doesn't make any sense.

Manuel Hot Pepper Lopez

cac this, cac that, c00n this c00n that
Daps
Reppin
-------------------------
Was wondering if she was gonna Halle Berry Storm this role, but she did her thing. Best DC flick since Dark Knight.

Off topic, but Gal G is everything Kim K wish she could be, without all the plastic and injections