Official WONDER WOMAN Thread

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The villains weren't given any real time. They just kind of pop up and come and go. The dialogue especially was very hammy.

I agree Dr. Poison had the most potential but she was barely used.

Ares had a cool design but he was shoe horned in to meet the cgi quota. He should have been saved for another film. He should have just played the shadows in this. I felt the same way about doctor strange with them shoe horning in dormammu who should have been saved for the 2nd film.

There's 3 villains and not a memorable performance between the 3. They aren't HORRIBLE but they are just there.

i get what you saying, i disagree....think the villains had to be true villains, which the 3 were...also, think they gave them good enough screen time to establish them, but of course the movie was gonna be more about diana/ww being introduced to the world....in the next ww movie, they can give the villain(s) more time cause it's not gonna be an origin story for diana....

speaking of next movie: cheetah should be a villain in it...

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm in the theater right now getting ready to watch. So far in the theater it's like 50-60% women. Surprisingly a lot of black women too.

Like someone on twitter said recently-
"fukk it I'll do it" is the phrase of black women worldwide when something needs to be done

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
nikkas already coppin pleas for a potential flop. :mjlol: Disney sabotaging with Pirates:mjlol:

Y'all don't have to do this, WW is a decent film and it's gonna make it's money back. It's like it's a DC stans cop pleas by reflex. You don't have to be ashamed for stanning a dc film now:mjgrin:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikkas already coppin pleas for a potential flop. :mjlol: Disney sabotaging with Pirates:mjlol:

Y'all don't have to do this, WW is a decent film and it's gonna make it's money back. It's like it's a DC stans cop pleas by reflex. You don't have to be ashamed for stanning a dc film now:mjgrin:

no stanning nor copping pleas, that's shyt yall do...when i posted that, i was at the theater, and had talked to a manager about why i wasnt about to see the movie in imax, even though that's the tix i bought a week ago....and that was the answer i got..which the evidence showed cause the movie on the imax screen was pirates, even though the pre-order tixs leading up to last night showed wonder woman being on that screen....

it's cool though, i still saw it last night, and i'll use the free passes they gave me to go see it in imax later this week...

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
FRIDAY AM UPDATE: Wonder Woman is off to an excellent start, bringing in an impressive $11 million from Thursday preview screenings, which began at 7 PM at 3,500+ theaters.

Comparatively, this is just behind the $11.2 million Guardians of the Galaxy brought in before its $94.3 million opening and ahead of the $9.4 million Doctor Strange brought in on Thursday night before its $85 million debut last year. Both films were referenced in our preview below and the $85-95 million range might be just what we should expect for the film's opening weekend.
Gonna make at least 90 million this weekend. Don't see how that's a flop.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Just got back from the movie. It was good but not great. What didn't make it great, in my opinion...certain parts had very weak dialogue about how "man's true nature is war...blah blah blah". They tried real hard to make this point very philosophical and poetic but it was horrible. I get what they were going for but, still they were really going in circles with that concept. And they action was good at points but they couldn't decide if they wanted to be Michael Bay with the slow motion or Man of Steel fast. I wish the action would have been more "Man of Steel" fast and quick like. A couple too many shots of her looking at bullets bouncing off the wristbands. And finally, Chris Pine did a lot of the heavy lifting with the acting. Gadot was very much protected in this.

With that said...i really like that she isn't underpowered. I like that she is on par with gods and they make that clear with who the villain is. By the end she was a BEAST. And she won't be someone who's under any of the other JLA members. I really liked the villains dialogue and presence when he finally shows up. I like the action at certain points. Claire Underwood was beastin too. I was like "go head Claire" :pachaha:. I really like the Amazon training shyt. I love when movies show you that like Shaw Bros training shyt where the lead is shown growing up and learning and training. shyt is always a nice touch to me.

I think it would be cool for them to do an Atlantis vs Amazons movie at some point. Because i think we could get one really cool epic battle between the two groups.

I thought there was supposed to be a Xena cameo too?

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

Someone contact Black Atom via IG and ask him did Disney sabotage him last week.

:sas2:

Martha

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Just finished the movie and I really enjoyed it. Best movie in the DCEU and second best DC comics movie of all time.

Gal Gadot is charming and really played Diana well.

I liked how Wonder Woman was all naive and was like "once I kill Ares the Germans will stop fighting and there will be peace on earth." :mjgrin: while Trevor was like :comeon:. I was kind of :mjcry: when she realized people are generally fukked up.

The movie had enough comedy at the right spots.

I was kind of unsure of the World War 1 setting but it actually makes sense in the sense of countries being manipulated into conflict compared to the "good guys vs bad guys" rhetoric of World War 2.

The DCEU has a winner.:mjgrin: