Official WONDER WOMAN Thread

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Yes... especially for having that opinion

They gonna come for you like Xerses soldier from 300..... their negs will block out the sky

big_1480777370_image.jpg

Martha

Then we will hate in the shade :lolbron:

Seriosly though, there is a WW thread already stickied :mjlol:

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brace yourself for the "Best _______ with a female director." accolades....

They're gonna come flooding in.

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Saying this now: this movie won't make as much money as it can cause of....*drum roll*.....Disney....yes, cause of Disney...Disney is forcing pirates to stay in Imax, so wonder woman doesn't get that money...how do I know? I bought tixs for Imax a week ago, but I'm at the theater now and gonna be forced to see this in a non Imax theater....they gave me passes to an Imax movie, but this bullshyt....

*finished ranting*...I'm not gonna let this fukk up my buzz, I'm keep drinking and enjoy this muthafukka....give my thoughts on it another time

No way. devious moves man. Im gonna research this.

Interesting how u say Gal is pefect but dudes review above u stated she wasnt great and very uneven.

Subjective shyt.

i just got back from the theater. saw it in imax. i really liked it. it is as much steve's movie as it is hers and i think that was a smart choice. while gal gadot is not a great actress, she is not asked to do too much serious acting. steve and his friends do all the acting and they are great. you are probably going to want to see more of them.

gal's fight scene work is very good. not the best but i think she did a good enough job. i would even say that a better choreographer could get better results. ultimately the only really weak point to me is the villain...

the "no man's land" stuff is really good.

i would not say that imax is a requirement, though. it only used it effectively in a couple spots. it's not very meaningful.

i give WW 7.5/10

as for the movie:

thought it was a cool origin story....you could tell they played it a lil safe with her and stayed close to the vest, but they pulled it off....gal makes a damn good diana, and an ok ww....still think she needs to be bigger to be a better ww....chris pine did the damn thing...him and his merry band of men....they did the heavy lifting(acting and story wise) in the sense that they were the more experienced ones when it came to dealing with the world, and it showed...and gal did a hell of a job showing ww as being naive/new to the world....loved when they first showed her as 'wonder woman'....dug the villains, and how they portrayed them....you can tell they cut the budget back for the movie, but they let patty do her thing with it, and it came out a very good movie...better than SS, but not bvs....

side notes:

- gal is facially fine as hell
- really dig the new dc intro
- his performance made me want chris pine to be hal jordan even more
- even though steve was with her in the comics, kal-el is still the only one that should end up with wonder woman, i dont give a fukk...they should have a kid, batman should be the babysitting uncle...

...will see the movie again in imax, and cop the blu-ray...

:ohhh:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I didn't get a Justice League trailer which was weird to me.

Movie was cool. Gal is a good WW.

CGI was shytty at times and the lasso looked terrible at all times but I did like the way she used it in combat. That 300 slo-mo stuff did get tiring after a while.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Oh another Zionist
:gucci:
Fam. Come on. It's a fukking superhero movie about a lady who uses her wrists to deflect bullets. This is NOT Higher Learning. Can we just enjoy the movie and not make this thread about Israel. Please.

...Anyways, this definitely falls somewhere in my top 5 superhero films. Great dialogue, pacing, action sequences are very well shot and clearly follow the blueprint Zach Snyder laid out in the warehouse fight Batman had in BvS (the high point of that movie).

This movie struck the balance between light and dark that DC needs to hit going forward. Still more serious than what we see in the MCU, but not to point where you won't smile for 2.5 hours. Villains are solid, or at least better than Lex and Doomsday. Not as good as Zod. Gal Gadot is fine. Go support this one.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No way. devious moves man. Im gonna research this.

:ohhh:

you can, i have no reason to lie...went to that theater chain's website to look for imax showings of this, and the majority of their theaters around me arent showing it in imax, which is bullshyt....will look again today since the movie officially opens up, maybe some of them changed it...

as for the face: yea, chris pine is a better actor than gal, and it shows, but that doesnt mean she was horrible....like i said: she makes a great diana, and an ok ww....reason she's an ok ww to me is cause my only complaint about her has been and continues to be i think she's too small...you can even tell she's gained weight, but i still think she's too small physically to be ww....but that's just a personal gripe and is the reason i knock her as ww...if i ignored that, she's better than ok...she'd be a good ww cause she pulls off the action scenes very well...