Official WONDER WOMAN Thread

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

use all the smilies you want, but i'm not like you or any of these other cats that need to lie about shyt...bought tixs in advance for a 1030 imax show, got there and was told that show had been moved to a non imax screen cause disney wanted pirates to run in imax longer...which was the movie running in imax at 1020....anyway, got a couple free imax passes to another show, and saw ww in a non imax theater...

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
^didnt read the spoiler but im surprised u said everybody behaved realistically because from what i've heard the villains are absolutely awful in this and are even on some cartoonish shyt

naw, you heard incorrect...the villains were good...they served their purposes....

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've been reading other forums and it's looking like it's box office run is going to be modest at best. Which kinda sucks considering it's easily my favorite of this universe so far

Maybe hollywood is right and people just don't care about female superheroes :yeshrug:

maybe, but not getting the imax screens at a movie theater chain surely does hurt that...when the employee started telling me the movie time moved to another screen, and i asked why, what he said was 'disney wants their money'...even talked to a manager while getting popcorn, and she said the same thing....disney didnt want pirates to have only a week in imax at this theater chain, and they have more pull than WB....

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
as for the movie:

thought it was a cool origin story....you could tell they played it a lil safe with her and stayed close to the vest, but they pulled it off....gal makes a damn good diana, and an ok ww....still think she needs to be bigger to be a better ww....chris pine did the damn thing...him and his merry band of men....they did the heavy lifting(acting and story wise) in the sense that they were the more experienced ones when it came to dealing with the world, and it showed...and gal did a hell of a job showing ww as being naive/new to the world....loved when they first showed her as 'wonder woman'....dug the villains, and how they portrayed them....you can tell they cut the budget back for the movie, but they let patty do her thing with it, and it came out a very good movie...better than SS, but not bvs....

side notes:

- gal is facially fine as hell
- really dig the new dc intro
- his performance made me want chris pine to be hal jordan even more
- even though steve was with her in the comics, kal-el is still the only one that should end up with wonder woman, i dont give a fukk...they should have a kid, batman should be the babysitting uncle...

...will see the movie again in imax, and cop the blu-ray...

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
Just saw it, it's a good movie. I wish I would get stranded on that amazon island :shaq:.its a bit long but still enjoyed

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I MIGHT go see this tomorrow
but Ima have my son and I KNOW he aint bout to sit thru no fukkin Wonder Woman
:deadmanny:
might have to leave him with my sister

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
We can't agree on climate change, but it seems like the whole world is in love with this movie. :damn:

Seeing it next weekend. My body is ready. :ahh:

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Saw it.

You know how a few years back some of the mid seeded teams in the Eastern Conference in the NBA would be lower seeded teams in the Western Conference?

that's what this movie was. Definitely did not hate it at all, definitely better than MoS, BvS, and SS, but what is that really saying honestly?

The beginning/first half of the movie was the strongest part IMO. Really liked the Theymesceria stuff.

I read that the original Superman movie and Batman Begins were inspirations, and they weren't lying. There was a 5 minute sequence after WW and Trevor got back to civilization that was ripped right out of the Superman movie.

I don't want to speak on the BB inspiration, but...I figured out a plot point prior to the climax.

the last 15 minutes of the movie kinda dragged a bit. Plus the effects didn't looks so polished even with the night setting for filming.

I hate to say this but i feel like my biggest problem w/ the movie might be Gal. I can't say i bought her as WW in parts of the film. Her performance was a bit uneven.

Pine was GREAT as Trevor I must say. All the actresses from her homeland were dope also. Definitely looking forward to how their story continues.

I do hope this does well. Based on the buzz I was reading from the screenings, I was hoping to be blown away. Can't say that I was, but i certainly did not hate it like DC's previous outings.

baby steps, but they are getting there.
So 6 out of 10

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
So 6 out of 10

naw a solid 7

don't get me wrong I did enjoy it, and happily supported the Thursday showing, as I see all of these on Thursday.

the things I may not have been high on can be improved for sure.

really looking forward to when her homeland appears next. Very dope IMO

and as a few have said the "No Man's Land" bit is REALLY good!