Official WONDER WOMAN Thread

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saying this now: this movie won't make as much money as it can cause of....*drum roll*.....Disney....yes, cause of Disney...Disney is forcing pirates to stay in Imax, so wonder woman doesn't get that money...how do I know? I bought tixs for Imax a week ago, but I'm at the theater now and gonna be forced to see this in a non Imax theater....they gave me passes to an Imax movie, but this bullshyt....

*finished ranting*...I'm not gonna let this fukk up my buzz, I'm keep drinking and enjoy this muthafukka....give my thoughts on it another time

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
I thought Gal was :salute: as Diana

but as WW :yeshrug:

she makes this same pained/stupid/surprised expression whenever she gets tossed back (she's been doing it since BvS) that's just not very WW-like to me

Also i think the slow-mo can get a bit overdone at times, but I appreciated it for the most part as it allowed you to see the action pretty well.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
One other thought I had outside my review is I really,really hope WB takes the RIGHT lesson from this.

Patty jenkins got to make her film. That's the lesson here. Leave the film makers be. Stay the fukk out of the editing. If a movie has to be 3 hours long then let it be. Let the movies stands on the backs of the film makers,not a focus group.

Let Matt reeves and wan make the film's they want to make.

The wrong lesson would be to copy/paste the formula of this film. Comic book films are already becoming far too stale and repetitive. We need unique voices.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Just got done.

So,it was....decent.

It was pretty much exactly what I figured it would be. A perfunctory if formulaic origin story that follows the usual comic book film skips and beats.

It's not great,and the praise of it being up there with the genres best is laughable.

It's just inoffensive and there. People that love that marvel mediocrity formula will have no reason not to love this.

Personally, I value ambition over all else. Always have,from music to movies. I can forgive flaws when something is aiming for something different.

This is just a generic crowd pleaser and there's nothing really wrong with that I guess,even expected when it comes to origin films like this.

On the positive side Gal Gadot is perfect. She embodies the role and completely owns it. I suspect we can finally have people shut the fukk up about her acting after this because this is definitely a career defining/character defining performance. She's charming,charismatic,and when the times come for it she carries the heavier moments.

One thing that did surprise me is the film IS heavier/darker than you'd expect. It actually works in nice contrast to Diana as the beacon of hope.

The action is great(for the most part),and snyder's influence is all over it as expected. In particular the "no man's land" scene will go down as an iconic scene.

The two biggest problems of the film are the villains and the final act.

For a truly great/classic cbm you have to have top notch villains. These ones are forgettable at best. They aren't offensively bad like enchantress but they're just there,little more than plot devices. Like zemo in civil war.

Which leads into the final act and what's also becoming very fukking tiring in the genre. The need to have a big, climatic cgi battle. It just feels at odds with the rest of the film. It's just boring and so unnecessary. I literally rolled my eyes. Ares design is cool but that's all the positives I can say. He's hammy as fukk.

The humour isn't over bearing and feels natural. They aren't pounding you over the head with stupid quips to make sure you know you're supposed to be having fun.

All in all, I liked it,didn't love it. It's not a film I'm going to watch many times.

For many this will be there favorite DCEU film,for me it's better than suicide squad.

6.5/10
Interesting how u say Gal is pefect but dudes review above u stated she wasnt great and very uneven.

Subjective shyt.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Saying this now: this movie won't make as much money as it can cause of....*drum roll*.....Disney....yes, cause of Disney...Disney is forcing pirates to stay in Imax, so wonder woman doesn't get that money...how do I know? I bought tixs for Imax a week ago, but I'm at the theater now and gonna be forced to see this in a non Imax theater....they gave me passes to an Imax movie, but this bullshyt....

*finished ranting*...I'm not gonna let this fukk up my buzz, I'm keep drinking and enjoy this muthafukka....give my thoughts on it another time
:mjlol:

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
i just got back from the theater. saw it in imax. i really liked it. it is as much steve's movie as it is hers and i think that was a smart choice. while gal gadot is not a great actress, she is not asked to do too much serious acting. steve and his friends do all the acting and they are great. you are probably going to want to see more of them.

gal's fight scene work is very good. not the best but i think she did a good enough job. i would even say that a better choreographer could get better results. ultimately the only really weak point to me is the villain...

the "no man's land" stuff is really good.

i would not say that imax is a requirement, though. it only used it effectively in a couple spots. it's not very meaningful.

i give WW 7.5/10

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
From her Interview with ET , Gal Gadot was preparing for this role. She served in the Israeli military prior to acting :whoo:

Many able-bodied folks serve over in Israel, so she had the physical part down in that regard.

I liked it quite a bit, moreso than SS and it felt like a perfect mix of Thor and First Avenger, but a tad bit darker with some of the sacrifices made.

Steve and Diana's chemistry was great and credible, not forced.

Overall, people in this film behaved in a realistic manner in terms of emotions and reactions...

Steve actually having sex with Diana rather than waiting around for "the right time"

Charlie having ptsd and unable to cope with the stresses of war.

The Germans weren't all monsters as they were mostly young boys sent to get butchered, but celebrating the end of the war was a nice touch.

The Native American still being displaced due to the US Government....

Additionally, the point that hit home is the world isn't black and white(What Diana came to grips with), but civilization is often in moral ambiguity at best and at worst, a huge deviation in that sense is where Diana and her friends come into play.

Last edited:

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
^didnt read the spoiler but im surprised u said everybody behaved realistically because from what i've heard the villains are absolutely awful in this and are even on some cartoonish shyt

Ares wasn't bad imho. The humans behaved realistically in the sense they weren't walking cliches and set pieces to get to the next scene. You were invested in their arcs...

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali

I've been reading other forums and it's looking like it's box office run is going to be modest at best. Which kinda sucks considering it's easily my favorite of this universe so far

Maybe hollywood is right and people just don't care about female superheroes :yeshrug: