Official WONDER WOMAN Thread

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
DC stans bytch about Marvel having crap villains but I bet they won't bring it up with with these generic ass villains in WW
pat-riley-shhh.jpg

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I thought this movie show flashes of potential, but overall it felt really corny and just awkward. I'm really disappointed. The best parts were the beginning when Diana was being trained. After the real world was introduced it went downhill for me. It was impossible to really get immersed in this world and absorb Diana and her experience because the movie was constantly trying to use slo-mo to highlight how special she is. For me, that decision backfired. It stilted the action sequences and it never forgot to remind you this was a movie. I was also very disappointed we didn't learn more about the villains. I really wanted to know more about the poison lady. Gal Gadot is gorgeous and looked believable enough in the action scenes, but her acting was just so cringey because you can see how much she's trying.

Professor Lupin really surprised me in his role, I'm not sure I bought that either. He'll always be Professor Lupin to me. lol. Anyway, I'm probably in the minority on this, which is great. I hope the movie does numbers and more female superhero movies get made because it turned a profit. I just won't be buying a blu-ray or recommending it to anyone.

5/10?

Oh yeah, the new DC opening credits and closing credits are A+. Very cool.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw it loved it reminded me of the first avenger just maybe more serious with the war action . The no mans land scene was Godly . Also gal brought the same charm and heart that Thor had in part 1 while interacting with Steve Trevor . Great movie never dragged 9/10

Uno

Superstar
Daps
Have tickets for Saturday but want to watch tomorrow morning just feels weird going to theathers alone.

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
Saw it.

You know how a few years back some of the mid seeded teams in the Eastern Conference in the NBA would be lower seeded teams in the Western Conference?

that's what this movie was. Definitely did not hate it at all, definitely better than MoS, BvS, and SS, but what is that really saying honestly?

The beginning/first half of the movie was the strongest part IMO. Really liked the Theymesceria stuff.

I read that the original Superman movie and Batman Begins were inspirations, and they weren't lying. There was a 5 minute sequence after WW and Trevor got back to civilization that was ripped right out of the Superman movie.

I don't want to speak on the BB inspiration, but...I figured out a plot point prior to the climax.

the last 15 minutes of the movie kinda dragged a bit. Plus the effects didn't looks so polished even with the night setting for filming.

I hate to say this but i feel like my biggest problem w/ the movie might be Gal. I can't say i bought her as WW in parts of the film. Her performance was a bit uneven.

Pine was GREAT as Trevor I must say. All the actresses from her homeland were dope also. Definitely looking forward to how their story continues.

I do hope this does well. Based on the buzz I was reading from the screenings, I was hoping to be blown away. Can't say that I was, but i certainly did not hate it like DC's previous outings.

baby steps, but they are getting there.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Saw it.

You know how a few years back some of the mid seeded teams in the Eastern Conference in the NBA would be lower seeded teams in the Western Conference?

that's what this movie was. Definitely did not hate it at all, definitely better than MoS, BvS, and SS, but what is that really saying honestly?

The beginning/first half of the movie was the strongest part IMO. Really liked the Theymesceria stuff.

I read that the original Superman movie and Batman Begins were inspirations, and they weren't lying. There was a 5 minute sequence after WW and Trevor got back to civilization that was ripped right out of the Superman movie.

I don't want to speak on the BB inspiration, but...I figured out a plot point prior to the climax.

the last 15 minutes of the movie kinda dragged a bit. Plus the effects didn't looks so polished even with the night setting for filming.

I hate to say this but i feel like my biggest problem w/ the movie might be Gal. I can't say i bought her as WW in parts of the film. Her performance was a bit uneven.

Pine was GREAT as Trevor I must say. All the actresses from her homeland were dope also. Definitely looking forward to how their story continues.

I do hope this does well. Based on the buzz I was reading from the screenings, I was hoping to be blown away. Can't say that I was, but i certainly did not hate it like DC's previous outings.

baby steps, but they are getting there.

giphy.gif

Martha

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Just got done.

So,it was....decent.

It was pretty much exactly what I figured it would be. A perfunctory if formulaic origin story that follows the usual comic book film skips and beats.

It's not great,and the praise of it being up there with the genres best is laughable.

It's just inoffensive and there. People that love that marvel mediocrity formula will have no reason not to love this.

Personally, I value ambition over all else. Always have,from music to movies. I can forgive flaws when something is aiming for something different.

This is just a generic crowd pleaser and there's nothing really wrong with that I guess,even expected when it comes to origin films like this.

On the positive side Gal Gadot is perfect. She embodies the role and completely owns it. I suspect we can finally have people shut the fukk up about her acting after this because this is definitely a career defining/character defining performance. She's charming,charismatic,and when the times come for it she carries the heavier moments.

One thing that did surprise me is the film IS heavier/darker than you'd expect. It actually works in nice contrast to Diana as the beacon of hope.

The action is great(for the most part),and snyder's influence is all over it as expected. In particular the "no man's land" scene will go down as an iconic scene.

The two biggest problems of the film are the villains and the final act.

For a truly great/classic cbm you have to have top notch villains. These ones are forgettable at best. They aren't offensively bad like enchantress but they're just there,little more than plot devices. Like zemo in civil war.

Which leads into the final act and what's also becoming very fukking tiring in the genre. The need to have a big, climatic cgi battle. It just feels at odds with the rest of the film. It's just boring and so unnecessary. I literally rolled my eyes. Ares design is cool but that's all the positives I can say. He's hammy as fukk.

The humour isn't over bearing and feels natural. They aren't pounding you over the head with stupid quips to make sure you know you're supposed to be having fun.

All in all, I liked it,didn't love it. It's not a film I'm going to watch many times.

For many this will be there favorite DCEU film,for me it's better than suicide squad.

6.5/10

Last edited:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Oh and dude that said it was a clone/remake of the first avenger :mjlol:

No. Just no. Sounds like homey is bitter about Force awakens being labeled what it rightfully is and wants to force that label on this.