Official WONDER WOMAN Thread

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But that's not how it went.

When DC got bad reviews, the narrative was that Disney paid off critics and that there was an anti-DC bias. There were posts on here like "fukk the critics, even Grace Randolph knows there is a bias:pacspit:" I remember that vividly because it produced some hilarious tweets and videos from various internet critics

What was so funny/fukked up about this is that she implied that guy John Campea was bought off by Disney, even though he was one of the few people that gave BvS a good review.

Also worth nothing that before her review of BvS (and her review of Wonder Woman) she posted vids showing off the free stuff she got from WB.

That broad is a moron though, she also tried to argue that the first Guardians of the Galaxy was going to be flop because she didn't like it. :mjlol:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
If WW is like First Avenger then I should really like it. Though part of what I like so much about First Avenger is the pulpy war propaganda element. Does WW have any of that?

Even if it doesn't, the scenes on Themyscira should make up for it. Those were my favorite clips from the trailers.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Bro the other reviews are saying the same thing I already saw. Some movies make changes. Doesn't sound like this did
So without spoilers what makes ww a rip off cw1? Story structure?dialogue?characters?

I haven't seen any reviews saying it's a rip off/clone of first avenger at all.

Just off trailers I can see the action and cinematography is superior to cw1.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
not at all.. did you see the comments when early reviews came in a week ago ?? people were calling for snyder to be fired left and right, it only calmed down when he came out about his daughters suicide and people showed sympathy.

i dont think you realise how much people hate Snyder personally which is the dumbest thing ive ever seen in my life

You mean the comments from the internet commenters and not actual critics? This is what I mean by too tight. A commenter on the internet is one thing a critic is another. But even then you're also assuming the critic has a lot of freaking power in Hollywood to pursaude them to ditch him. If that were the case Michael bay wouldn't get work in town ever again

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
You mean the comments from the internet commenters and not actual critics? This is what I mean by too tight. A commenter on the internet is one thing a critic is another. But even then you're also assuming the critic has a lot of freaking power in Hollywood pursaude them to ditch him. If that were the case Michael bay wouldn't get work in town ever again

You don't think it's obvious that Disney bought off the critics to give this good reviews so that when JL drops and they pay the critics to trash it, Snyder will look pretty bad? :jbhmm:

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Saying it's like the first Cap movie isn't an bad thing.

Hell I said the same thing after I saw the first trailer.

Justice League is too far gone so I expect it to not be received as well but Wonder Woman is the start of the shift WB has in mind for the DC films.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You mean the comments from the internet commenters and not actual critics? This is what I mean by too tight. A commenter on the internet is one thing a critic is another. But even then you're also assuming the critic has a lot of freaking power in Hollywood pursaude them to ditch him. If that were the case Michael bay wouldn't get work in town ever again

Michael Bay
Adam Sandler
Tyler Perry
Roland Emmerich

And I could list even more directors that have been continually shytted on by critics yet continue to get work.

Despite what people claim critics don't have that much of an effect on what movies people go to see or lock. If a movie makes money the studio will give the people behind it more work.

Zack Snyder isn't even hated by critics, he's done a few films that have gotten good to great reviews.