Official WONDER WOMAN Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Stuckmann's review disputes that, but we'll see

Also just because a bunch of reviews say the shyt is dope doesn't mean they're wrong if you disagree. The majority of pirates reviews say it's trash. For me, it wasn't anything close to trash. Eye of the beholder matters a lot. I'm sure the current social and political shyt we have going on in the country weighs heavily but that's unavoidable. You bring that in the theater with you just like cats did with the dark knight or winter soldier or skyfall

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think he's good with story and concepts but terrible with dialogue. Blade and Blade 2 succeeded due to great direction, visuals, cool concepts and good performances. Dialogue was its weakest aspect. And as much as I love Batman Begins, some of the dialogue is cringe-inducing.

Yeah that's fair. And it doesn't help Nolan doesn't have the best ear for dialogue either. They're both very on the nose and I think that works when it comes to visuals and action scenes because they don't have time for the bullshyt.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also just because a bunch of reviews say the shyt is dope doesn't mean they're wrong if you disagree. The majority of pirates reviews say it's trash. For me, it wasn't anything close to trash. Eye of the beholder matters a lot. I'm sure the current social and political shyt we have going on in the country weighs heavily but that's unavoidable. You bring that in the theater with you just like cats did with the dark knight or winter soldier or skyfall

True. I thought the new Guardians was trash and I went into Logan wanting to love it and thinking it would be a masterpiece and walked out feeling underwhelmed. *ducks rocks*

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Agreed that Suicide Squad would've been much better if they let Ayer make the film he wanted to make. Not so sure about Batman v. Superman though. Unless Nolan is involved, Goyer is a bad writer and we all saw what happens when Snyder has complete creative control
Sucker_Punch_film_poster.jpg
Nah Snyder did do MOS which was good imo

His direction of Batman and Wonder Woman was great. People just hated Dark Superman and weird ass Lex.

But execs chopped that movie up too. Directors cut was extremely better at telling the story. We'll see how JL does though.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
why are yall bringing up marvel and why are u dc stans acting like hoes n bein passive aggressive who cares from both sides enjoy this film. i just want good superhero films from both, i think we can all agree that dc had its downs with bvs and ss, so 2 outta 4 is ok imo as long as they grow and find they're niche n style i'll be happy. glad to see good reviews cuz i splurged on the trailers and this shyt is meeting my previous expectations and hype. man like i been saying let snyder come with the visuals and fights cuz from the little i've seen this shyt is visually great, and it seems patty's directing and script is well received. fukk rotten tomatoes or anything else go judge for yourself, i'm in friday

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Like I said this film really is the perfect storm of shyt for it to be rated highly by critics.

I'm still going in with tempered expectations because for ME this just looks very formulaic.

I'm hoping to be blown away but I'm not expecting to be. This shyt is getting rated as among the best the genre as ever made :dwillhuh: I just don't see it but we will see. Thursday at 7 :smugfavre:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Like I said this film really is the perfect storm of shyt for it to be rated highly by critics.

I'm still going in with tempered expectations because for ME this just looks very formulaic.

I'm hoping to be blown away but I'm not expecting to be. This shyt is getting rated as among the best the genre as ever made :dwillhuh: I just don't see it but we will see. Thursday at 7 :smugfavre:

Always go in with tempered expectations. Feels like that's the best way to live. Going to be hard when July 7 comes around but I'm always excited about anything spider man related.

Anyway just give me a good movie and I'm good. I don't need it to be among the greats but if it falls in there for me that's even better. But you're right you can't divorce yourself from life outside of the theater. Besides the social political stuff there's also the idea that a lot of female focused comic book flicks have been terrible or at the worst forgettable. So if someone managed to just be freaking competent making one, it goes a long way for some

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And your taste seems to be trash as well, so rule of 4:hubie:

So how about you leave it out of this thread from here on out

We more than likely agree on most things. For example, I think the dude in your avi is the GOAT

But I acknowledge I'm in the minority when it comes to those movies :manny: Bigger point I was making bringing those two movies up is proving to the other dude I'm not some Marvel stan caught up in the fan wars.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
WW got a 96 on RT. the narrative once JL drops is gonna be unbearable, i can see critics purposely panning the movie just to get Snyder fired sayin without Snyder DCEU got a critically acclaimed film.

if it does well, they'll say thanks to Wheddon and Snyder to go, at this point Snyder cant win.

im glad the DCEU overall is moving forward beautifully.