Official WONDER WOMAN Thread

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Everything about this for me feels like the perfect storm for this film to be over rated by critics.:yeshrug:

You got the girl power rah rah shyt with it being the first wonder woman film and first real big female super hero film since the cbm take over. (Look at Ghostbusters)

You got a film filled with nostalgia pandering to critics obsession with richard donners superman.

And you got the first dceu film that's supposed to very marvel formula esque,light hearted with film so critics can go over board with ratings attempting to use what little power they have to influence wb to get away from more ambitious polarizing films.

But maybe it will surprise me :picard:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
top 5 marvel metacritics
spiderman 2 - 83
iron man -79
logan - 77
guardians of the galaxy - 76
captain america civil war - 75
days of future past- 74
spiderman - 73
doctor strange - 72
winter soldier - 70

wonder woman - 79

:wow: from ashy to classy

marvel stans :umad: don't even got the best marvel movies.
:mjlol: @ the highest rated marvel film being made by Sony and the 2nd highest being Disney attempting to remake batman begins

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I wonder how MCU fans are gonna feel now that the 2 top rated superhero movies this year are Logan and Wonder Woman :ariana2:

I doubt homecoming or ragnarok will get as much praise.
Vindicated. All that Disney bias talk is now dead. MoS
BvS
SS got the critic reaction they deserved.

And me personally I always liked the majority of Fox superhero movie product. Besides a few movies they do a great job with their properties.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Gonna be funny to see some of them praise the movie for the same things that they trash Marvel movies for.

"It's fun!" "Bright colors!" "She's hopeful and optimistic!" "There's comedy!"
Thats what The complainers want...

"It's too dark, it's too serious, not enough jokes..."

I literally heard someone on this very forum complain there wasn't enough jokes in a graphic-novel like comic book movie.

I think this is just a good, happy go lucky comic book movie which is why people are saying the shyt theyre saying

"It actually feels like she's a hero" and other bullshyt like that.

But considering its the first stand alone female superhero movie they had to stick to a similar formula. Didn't want to get too edgy or realistic

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Seems like Patty got to do the film she wanted. No directors cut or deleted scenes

Maybe now WB will stop getting in their own way and let these directors do their thing

And also give writers more than 6 weeks to write a fukking script :snoop:
This is another thing

They're the ones fukking up BvS and SS. But I think they learned from the last 2 and knew they couldn't fukk this up right now.

So much riding on the first female superhero movie that they just let it be.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Everything about this for me feels like the perfect storm for this film to be over rated by critics.:yeshrug:

You got the girl power rah rah shyt with it being the first wonder woman film and first real big female super hero film since the cbm take over. (Look at Ghostbusters)

You got a film filled with nostalgia pandering to critics obsession with richard donners superman.

And you got the first dceu film that's supposed to very marvel formula esque,light hearted with film so critics can go over board with ratings attempting to use what little power they have to influence wb to get away from more ambitious polarizing films.

But maybe it will surprise me :picard:
I feel the whole feminism girl power shyt definitely has people overrating this, but we'll see when this shyt drops in theaters here.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is another thing

They're the ones fukking up BvS and SS. But I think they learned from the last 2 and knew they couldn't fukk this up right now.

So much riding on the first female superhero movie that they just let it be.

Agreed that Suicide Squad would've been much better if they let Ayer make the film he wanted to make. Not so sure about Batman v. Superman though. Unless Nolan is involved, Goyer is a bad writer and we all saw what happens when Snyder has complete creative control
Sucker_Punch_film_poster.jpg

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Agreed that Suicide Squad would've been much better if they let Ayer make the film he wanted to make. Not so sure about Batman v. Superman though. Unless Nolan is involved, Goyer is a bad writer and we all saw what happens when Snyder has complete creative control
Sucker_Punch_film_poster.jpg

Aye man. Not a big Goyer fan but the man did write blade 1 and blade 2. And yes blade 3 as well. I don't think he's a bad writer just crazy inconsistent.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Aye man. Not a big Goyer fan but the man did write blade 1 and blade 2. And yes blade 3 as well. I don't think he's a bad writer just crazy inconsistent.

I think he's good with story and concepts but terrible with dialogue. Blade and Blade 2 succeeded due to great direction, visuals, cool concepts and good performances. Dialogue was its weakest aspect. And as much as I love Batman Begins, some of the dialogue is cringe-inducing.