ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
I think Jenkins just ignored or was unaware of the comic book movie genre history. She may look at 80s camp style as cool and interesting but comic book people look at that as not taking the source material seriously enough and ever since have tried to make the genre more serious or at least have a standard of seriousness and definitely pay homage to what's in the comics. She did neither. It's a shame because I think there was a good movie to be made based on the story she just fumbled all the important details.

My thing is that Geoff Johns helped her with this movie. Granted, he's been the source of a lot of fukkery over at WB too. But Stargirl, that's his baby, is a pretty good show, that pays homage to the source material. It's like no one gave a crap. That or Jenkins just did not give a crap, which lately, it looks like she's really good at deflecting blame. She threw WB under the bus for Ares in the first movie. Because apparently, there wasn't going to be a huge fight scene, and Ares was just going to reveal himself as just Professor Lupin, and talk it out. It just goes to show that collaboration helps.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Patty Jenkins is one of the greatest filmmakers of our time. Before Wonder Woman she made... that one movie people only know b.c Charlize Theron wore uglyface.

She made that one movie, and did a bunch of other smaller stuff that no one knows she did. Yes, the first Wonder Woman was good, but the writer for the movie was Allan Heinberg. Who was also a writer on the comic, who was also the guy behind Young Avengers. Even with Christopher Nolan. I'm going to say it. His best movies are the ones where his brother is involved.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
She made that one movie, and did a bunch of other smaller stuff that no one knows she did. Yes, the first Wonder Woman was good, but the writer for the movie was Allan Heinberg. Who was also a writer on the comic, who was also the guy behind Young Avengers. Even with Christopher Nolan. I'm going to say it. His best movies are the ones where his brother is involved.
one of my favorite books!

AXq8Qrt.jpg

:banderas:

til the shyt got stoooopid mega wild GAY!

:beli:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I think Jenkins should reconsider casting Gal in her Cleopatra movie. Fukk around and get another round of bad press for white washing.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Movie was terrible. The 1980s campy vibe was executed horribly.

Weak villans with weak motives. Gal lack of acting skills was apparent. Raping other Steve was creepy as hell and completely pointless

Only flash point can save DC universe at this point :snoop:

shyt needs serious reset and figure out what tone they want to set for future. This aint it

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
:mjcry: I feel so vindicated. I called the demise of the DCEU the moment they announced BvS. And while most will hold their hat on the first WW, Aquaman, Shazaam :russ: and and unconnected Joker movie, DC and the DCEU as a whole has been an artistic flop. This trash ass movie solidifies it. :blessed:

#marvelset

Continue to make movies as dumb as their past movies and campy syndicated sixties era shows.

fukk dc.
Lucky i got titans to watch. To see them actually show they k ow how to do this shyt. Then realize titans is a slap in the face. As dc will never do this material right for a large audience. All because they are too busy making agendas. Instead of trying to make a quality drawing film. I would recommend titans. Yet i would recommend watching titans after they fukk up all their movies if you somehow are this dc fan. As titans is the only shyt they ever really did just right. Expect for them to fukk up aqua man and shazam. With this joel Schumacher meets sixties syndicated Batman programming. Plus dc has no idea about quality. Plus no one has read their books well enough. To bring along a consultant. Who would be able to right their ship. Best thing dc could do is this. let jim lee make wildcats.

You already got five wildcats on the titan show.
Aqualad = grifter
Kelly minka /dawn = zealot
Hawk = spartan
Starfire = voodoo
Raven = void

shyt with dc. I need to suggest a director, producer, film crew etc.
They are so inept.
Anyway,...dc only hope is to go wildstorm and integrate the dc hero's in reverse as spinoffs from wildcats.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
The Party Jenkins interview was eye opening. She doesn't know the source material.

She's going to need her hand held for the third movie and the Star Wars property.

She can't do star wars at all.

She has no idea abit source material and no filter on what is trash.
She portrayed this female oh i know action figures imma girl too steez. Which is a sendoff and easily discernible after the first movie as all a work a d headfake. It is obvious this woman never probably owned she-ra let alone a real collection of comics. With wonder woman back issues in her bin.

Art Barr

RULE: IF A STAR WARS CREATOR IS YOUNG AND HAS NO BESPIN LUKE. THEY SHOULD NOT EVER WORK ON STAR WARS.

If you ain't got no bespin. You offbrand and never played out side a day in your own neighborhood in the era before crack. You are not to be trusted with any property period. As you never once tried to even own the first goat main character as an action figure. who could hold a blaster and a light saber. You do not own bespin luke. You are not to be trusted with any license. If you do not know wtf a bespin luke is. You are not to be trusted with any holy grail property or license. Simple as that.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Continue to make movies as dumb as their past movies and campy syndicated sixties era shows.

fukk dc.
Lucky i got titans to watch. To see them actually show they k ow how to do this shyt. Then realize titans is a slap in the face. As dc will never do this material right for a large audience. All because they are too busy making agendas. Instead of trying to make a quality drawing film. I would recommend titans. Yet i would recommend watching titans after they fukk up all their movies if you somehow are this dc fan. As titans is the only shyt they ever really did just right. Expect for them to fukk up aqua man and shazam. With this joel Schumacher meets sixties syndicated Batman programming. Plus dc has no idea about quality. Plus no one has read their books well enough. To bring along a consultant. Who would be able to right their ship. Best thing dc could do is this. let jim lee make wildcats.

You already got five wildcats on the titan show.
Aqualad = grifter
Kelly minka /dawn = zealot
Hawk = spartan
Starfire = voodoo
Raven = void

shyt with dc. I need to suggest a director, producer, film crew etc.
They are so inept.
Anyway,...dc only hope is to go wildstorm and integrate the dc hero's in reverse as spinoffs from wildcats.

Art Barr

Titans is flames :yeshrug: